Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2017, 01:52 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,379,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelinLow View Post
I think of a ''soul'' as like electricity that lights up a light bulb.
Our soul ''lights up'' or animates our body. If you've watched a loved one human, or pet, die then you've experienced the moment when the ''electricity''/soul goes out of the body. They are still, quiet, and no longer ''them''.
So we cannot see electicity and we cannot see a soul, but they are there somewhere. When they find a conduit, then we can see them. Electricity lights a lamp, powers a radio. A soul comes through a radio, TV, EMF meter, phone or concentration of energy seen as a ''ghost''.
It all makes sense to me.
Matter cannot be created or destroyed. It goes somewhere. Sometimes visible/audible. Sometimes not.
I had through my career as a ER/Trauma/ICU nursing have been at a bedside in countless passings. The reason I believe I'm a "Sensitive" is because upon the death.. I have actually Felt the soul move out and upward towards the ceiling. I like to describe it is a air movement that passes by me.. So have always responded and would turn around and look up and say "God Speed" under my breath.

The passing of air/or air movement in these circumstances would vary from slight to enormously powerful ( like a thrill sensation making me take a deep breath) . Those moments when were enormous was always when those that passed had a personal connection whether family or a patient I had worked with for a long period of time! The Soul's of departed often want to acknowledge you when they pass as a gesture of thank you I guess!!

Whether it was my way for coping with death or not. This phenomena I experienced, truly gave me comfort knowing their "Life Essence/Soul" has moved on into a much better place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2017, 02:06 PM

24,130 posts, read 32,536,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
I know this is not normal. There are crackling and popping sounds around me that only occur when the spirit of Sydney calls. Besides, my phone was thoroughly checked and approved by Area 51 UFO Council.

This is very typical of phone phenomenon. When I experienced paranormal phone calls for a period of years, over several different numbers, the rings were always half rings. Two or three. They always happened when I was alone, and generally at 12:15 AM or 3:15 AM. When I picked up the phone (a land line) I felt an intense energy and heard the crackling and popping sounds that you describe.

This was when I was in my 20s.

Of course I reported it to the phone company. They found no calls had been made to my home at that time.

I was a nurse then, and told some other nurses about these experiences. One night, they decided to sleep over to hear it for themselves.
Once my husband left for his job, The Call came. At 12:15, on cue.

Then again at 3:15. It was heard by three other RNs - two former skeptics and one more openmided woman with some paranormal experiences of her own.

When The Calls came they were frequently accompanied by an odor. Not always. But sometimes.

We were young and renting. No kids yet. We moved once, in part, because of this, however The Caller followed us to the next apartment and the next.

We had our home blessed by an Episcopal priest. We had relief, but it returned several days later.

There was one day that The Caller was really blowing up my phone - calling every hour, on the hour. My husband was home then. He pulled the phone out of the wall - this was the 80s - and smashed it.

Guess what happened? Two more of those weird rings.

It suddenly stopped when we bought our first home and had our first child. To this day, I have no idea who or what it was. Why us? And why it stopped.

Here is a link to a thread that I started a couple of years ago https://www.city-data.com/forum/unexp...yone-else.html

Last edited by sheena12; 07-12-2017 at 02:16 PM..

Old 07-18-2017, 08:55 AM

2,187 posts, read 8,014,769 times
I read once that spirits will contact their loved ones in a way that they find most natural and are most comfortable with. I think for a lot of us talking on the phone is a natural and comfortable scenario. My mom called me after she passed away. I thought at the time I was dreaming but I really do think it happened and she did it that way because I was comfortable with it. The same night she called me she visited my brother. She had my father and sister with her. He said he also thought he was dreaming but knows he wasn't. For me the phone was ringing and it was on the desk in my kitchen. It was my moms phone which was one of those models that have the huge oversized numbers. I answered and just heard static. But then looked again at the face of the phone and in the center of the key pad was a silver cross which I pushed and on the line was my mother. We talked over each other. Briefly and she told me I was going to be okay. I asked if my sister was with her and my dad and she said yes and that my sister was the same pain in the $&& she'd always been . I asked if she was in heaven and what did it all mean. She said she couldn't tell me the details but not to worry the accommodations were quite nice and that I needed to know that everything you did in life would lead lead you to there. Then she was gone and the line was dead. For my brother he said he heard her calling for him and woke up and walked out into his family room and our mom and sister and father were sitting on the sofa. He sat down with them and talked to them. That same night my niece dreamed but felt it was real again that my mom and dad were sitting with her on a park bench in a park and talking to her.

The night my sister passed away I couldn't sleep the entire night and I sensed she was sitting in the chair in the corner of the room I was in. She passed away at 4:00 am and my aunt said she woke up at 4:00 and she was standing at the foot of her bed.

I think people can laugh and doubt and be critical all they want but Once you have the experience you are left with no doubt that it is real.

Old 07-18-2017, 09:36 AM

2,033 posts, read 1,682,856 times
I find this a fascinating subject as I have experienced it happening to me.

One recent one, in 2012, involved my then fiance. Now, before I met him, his fiance at the time passed away suddenly at age 45. I never met her. Only saw pictures of her.

Well, in 2012, DH had a severe reaction at work to some machining dust. He felt he was going to die from it, yet still refused to go to the ER. He comes home all a mess too.

Well, that night, his late fiance (again, whom I have never met), comes to me in a dream and takes him into a room to speak with him. Privately of course. I have no idea what they discussed. DH's great nephew (who I do know) acted as the go between. the great nephew was just a child at that time. He would interact between myself and go into their room to speak with them.

That was my dream.

In the morning, I asked DH if he had dreamed anything. Now, he claims he isn't a person who dreams, but he dreams now.

I asked him a few questions.....and told him of my dream. His eyes got wide and he says he remembered dreaming about her, and what did she say(?). I told him I did not know as her message wasn't for me, but for him. He did say he felt better in the morning, and not all forboding that he was going to die. I feel she came though me because of his lack of dreaming capabilities. I have always dreamed, and had lucid dreams. I can also remember what I dream.

It was an odd experience, but it has happened to me before.

Old 07-27-2017, 11:24 PM

1,573 posts, read 2,928,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
I had through my career as a ER/Trauma/ICU nursing have been at a bedside in countless passings. The reason I believe I'm a "Sensitive" is because upon the death.. I have actually Felt the soul move out and upward towards the ceiling. I like to describe it is a air movement that passes by me.. So have always responded and would turn around and look up and say "God Speed" under my breath.

The passing of air/or air movement in these circumstances would vary from slight to enormously powerful ( like a thrill sensation making me take a deep breath) . Those moments when were enormous was always when those that passed had a personal connection whether family or a patient I had worked with for a long period of time! The Soul's of departed often want to acknowledge you when they pass as a gesture of thank you I guess!!

Whether it was my way for coping with death or not. This phenomena I experienced, truly gave me comfort knowing their "Life Essence/Soul" has moved on into a much better place.

I felt my husband standing behind me as he passed. For a moment I felt the two of us watching myself patting his chest and calling to him. Like an out of body experience for me. It did not last long.I felt like I could hear myself calling him through a tunnel. It did feel comforting. A little like he was giving me a last hug and then he was gone. After living together for 31 years I know how he felt when he would come up behind me and give me a hug. I am sure this was his presence, spirit. I was not expecting this but not at all disturbed by it. Actually happy for it.

Since he has passed I have had many phone calls when no one is there when I answer. Well there is a connection I can hear that but no one speaking and I do try to listen very closely. I do not have caller ID.

Old 07-28-2017, 03:22 PM

2,525 posts, read 2,079,430 times
Quote:

I find this fascinating...thanks for sharing.

In order to ease my pain after my Mother died, my sister would remind me of this movie we both had seen, a Lifetime movie , I think...called 'Soul Connection', where they showed the deceased person standing next to their dead body, and leaving it behind...to move forward.
To a much better place, as you said above.

Old 07-30-2017, 03:54 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,673,894 times
Quote:

Wow, interesting. I think when you work in such serious circumstances and put your whole being into it, you get more sensitive because you're exposed to people's physical, emotional and spiritual stuff. For example, if someone works around bikes, they know bikes. If someone cooks a lot, they know food, etc.

I think it's a normal phenomenon that probably happens more than often if you tune into it and don't judge the experience as "foolish." That opens us up more, not judging it and allowing it to be what it is. Who cares what someone thinks of someone having this experience? You know it's "real."

Last edited by Nanny Goat; 07-30-2017 at 04:06 PM..

Old 07-30-2017, 03:57 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,673,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAKD View Post
I read once that spirits will contact their loved ones in a way that they find most natural and are most comfortable with. I think for a lot of us talking on the phone is a natural and comfortable scenario. My mom called me after she passed away. I thought at the time I was dreaming but I really do think it happened and she did it that way because I was comfortable with it. The same night she called me she visited my brother. She had my father and sister with her. He said he also thought he was dreaming but knows he wasn't. For me the phone was ringing and it was on the desk in my kitchen. It was my moms phone which was one of those models that have the huge oversized numbers. I answered and just heard static. But then looked again at the face of the phone and in the center of the key pad was a silver cross which I pushed and on the line was my mother. We talked over each other. Briefly and she told me I was going to be okay. I asked if my sister was with her and my dad and she said yes and that my sister was the same pain in the $&& she'd always been . I asked if she was in heaven and what did it all mean. She said she couldn't tell me the details but not to worry the accommodations were quite nice and that I needed to know that everything you did in life would lead lead you to there. Then she was gone and the line was dead. For my brother he said he heard her calling for him and woke up and walked out into his family room and our mom and sister and father were sitting on the sofa. He sat down with them and talked to them. That same night my niece dreamed but felt it was real again that my mom and dad were sitting with her on a park bench in a park and talking to her.

The night my sister passed away I couldn't sleep the entire night and I sensed she was sitting in the chair in the corner of the room I was in. She passed away at 4:00 am and my aunt said she woke up at 4:00 and she was standing at the foot of her bed.

I think people can laugh and doubt and be critical all they want but Once you have the experience you are left with no doubt that it is real.
I think these things are more "normal" than not. Pretty amazing though! If you interviewed people and they were honest and not fearing ridicule, many would tell you they've had some type of experience after someone's passing. I like the funny part about your sister. My father had a sense of humor par excellence and after he passed, he joked w/ me about something--like it was his sense of humor that still was there! It's something he would say and do, too!

Old 11-28-2017, 11:04 PM

50 posts, read 37,566 times
I have had similar happen to me but I was on a chatroom reading a creepy story about a sick girl who died and she love the chatroom so much she would come back even after she died and sure enough after I finished the story I saw her username and I message her and she was gone like that never she never said a word. I around her age at the time she died and plus I think I was very open to paranormal and I still have a interest in it even today.

Old 11-28-2017, 11:14 PM

50 posts, read 37,566 times
Some friends I told want on the same chatroom and they said the never met a girl with that username. I want on a few times after the event but never saw that user again even the other user talked of similar experiences it was so strange come to find out day I was on there was the day she died creepy it makes sense alot of the users say she come as creepy as it sounds she usually appears around the time she died so sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal