Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2017, 09:17 AM

4 posts, read 4,149 times

Advertisements

Lucille a cool stylish and refined old lady.
I used to do maintenance work at a condo complex an attractive lady lived there she was late 80's or more. Always dressed nicely. She was refined and her place showed her design and artistic talent. I guess I had an attraction to her because of these things and her gentle nature. One day I happened to read in the paper that she had passed. A day or so later I was napping when there was a phone call. The ID said Lucille and gave her number. Being quite interested in phenomena like this and knowing she was dead I said into the phone "Hello Lucille" repeating it a few times. There was only dead air, no answer. A day or so later I was at her condo looking at wall repair with her son who lived in the same building. I asked if he had called from her phone and he said definitely not and he was the only one with a key. I believe strong emotional ties can do strange things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2017, 01:02 PM

102,384 posts, read 108,693,909 times
Fascinating!

Old 07-10-2017, 02:44 PM

325 posts, read 339,626 times
Sounds like the ghost of Lucille is able to use the phone in that apartment. I can imagine using a digital recorder there.

Old 07-10-2017, 02:57 PM

11,519 posts, read 14,720,980 times
Spirits can use electronic devices. I've heard this on more than one occasion and have read about it. Phones, old voice mail machines, TV's, lights and appliances can all be used by a spirit to send/relay a message.

Old 07-10-2017, 03:30 PM

2,480 posts, read 2,522,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
Spirits can use electronic devices. I've heard this on more than one occasion and have read about it. Phones, old voice mail machines, TV's, lights and appliances can all be used by a spirit to send/relay a message.
This is true, and the reason why many people nowadays are getting buried with their cellphones.

Old 07-10-2017, 03:32 PM

11,519 posts, read 14,720,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagster View Post
This is true, and the reason why many people nowadays are getting buried with their cellphones.

It's a joke to you, but there are people who've experienced this. Doesn't mean it doesn't happen, just that you don't believe it.

Old 07-10-2017, 03:45 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,392,924 times
Quote:
That's been my experience as well @Nanny Goat, while I don't experience it ( but do experience other contacts i.e. Odours/dreams/sense of touch) but I have heard from relatives of their numerous electrical/electronic experiences!!

The latest was from my son (41 yrs old) who died suddenly with unknown cause.. forensics and numerous attempts to figure it out was unable to figure it out! What I did get was a sudden interior pain when he actually passed.. so knew before it was even announced. When I arrived @hospital that night.. I could only acknowledge what I already knew.. Caressed his face and head ( like I did when he was a baby) and his his eyes!! I type with tears as he passed just last Nov. 26th of 2016. I feel and sense him.. but both of us were very sensitive types so believe he knows I don't need such contacts like electronic or electrical reminders that he's still around.

For those not so sensitive, THEY seem to require physical evidence .. Not me.. I sense it.. no need to hear or see things to know/acknowledge and understand it.

TY for allowing me to vent my side of all this wonderful ability I sure do miss my BOY!!

Old 07-10-2017, 04:34 PM

5,661 posts, read 3,542,108 times
Reminds me of the Twilight Zone episode "Nightly Caller"
Here is a clip

https://youtu.be/dMnXoMpgKnU

Here is the full episode, I suggest you watch it.
I saw it when I was about 10 years old and the ending scared the crap out of me.
[dailymotion]x4260jb[/dailymotion]

Old 07-10-2017, 05:07 PM

102,384 posts, read 108,693,909 times
Quote:
I've heard so many stories of this kind, but no explanations. Someone needs to come up with a plausible theory. In order for "spirits" to be able to do those things, there would have to be an electro-magnetic phenomenon associated with them.

And while we're asking questions; what is it animals perceive, when they bark or hiss at "spirits", or refuse to enter a room with one in it? Are they seeing something on the light spectrum that's outside of human perception, or are they reacting to an EM field of some kind? They do appear to be reacting to a presence of some kind, but what is its nature?

Old 07-10-2017, 07:03 PM

2,538 posts, read 2,096,817 times
I rec'vd a call one night years ago after both of parents had died. I was living in their home.
It was abt 10.30pm and the phone rang. We had caller id too, but i didn't notice it.

Hello, ...then a woman's voice and she says Nancy...yeah...it's cold in here, I don't think the heater is working. And I'm like "who's this?'...this is your mother!!!!!
She con't to talk..i asked again who it was and again only more of a determined voice telling me this is my mother. I can't remember if I said anything after that or just hung up. I was freaking out!

So after i calmed down, i got the caller id # and had my cousin call it...and to make a long story short, this lady was trying to call her daughter, whose name also happens to be Nancy...and the end. whewwww.

I've had other strange happenings, but that's the only one involving a phone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal