Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Vancouver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2015, 01:51 AM

61 posts, read 68,639 times

Advertisements

Strange how educated rich white people only know one word when somebody is just saying what happens sometimes outside of their protected-safe-good schools neighborhoods : "racist". Is it a magical word, allowing them to escape the real world ? I want to be part of it !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2015, 08:02 AM

31 posts, read 31,917 times
Came to join this site after reading this thread. I knew a couple of people who went to southern California that wanted to work as a nurse. They all did training here in Canada and were great workers. Upon doing the interview they were rejected because they did not know Spanish. My friend had the same problem in Miami with another job. When people get a majority they naturally will push their way of life. It's human nature. Look through out history. Even in the last 20 years in Europe. I know the Hungarian president says he is planning to build a wall around the country. He wants to be the first he said in a experiment. Wants to raise birth rates. I read that Russia tried to increase their birth rate in the last 5 years since implementing incentives, and its higher than the USA now. The population is actually growing at a increasing pace. As a society multiculturalism has happened rapidly. I am curious of what would happen in a war situation world wide. Would the people here be peaceful, go to civil war? Would certain ethnicities join together? Would government clamp down? Interesting questions. I know when people tend to share stuff in common they tend to come together.

Old 03-16-2015, 01:50 PM

1,376 posts, read 1,314,778 times
The Vancouver forum turned into the Race and Immigration forum so gradually I didn't even notice...

Old 03-16-2015, 02:06 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,074,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davesantos23 View Post
...... I read that Russia tried to increase their birth rate in the last 5 years since implementing incentives, and its higher than the USA now. .......
That's incorrect. The population of Russia is less than half the population of USA.

Or did you mean that the birth rate in Russia is higher than the birth rate of USA?

In any case it will have a long way to go to catch up as USA is the third most highly populated country in the world.

Old 03-16-2015, 02:39 PM

10,839 posts, read 14,739,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckInPortland View Post
The Vancouver forum turned into the Race and Immigration forum so gradually I didn't even notice...
it is only a few disgruntled people occasionally whining about "why are we accepting so many rich Asian! Vancouver is losing its character (because it is not 90% white any more)!".

I am sure they are a small minority but definitely make a lot of noise.

Old 03-17-2015, 07:11 AM

1,863 posts, read 5,152,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
it is only a few disgruntled people occasionally whining about "why are we accepting so many rich Asian! Vancouver is losing its character (because it is not 90% white any more)!".

I am sure they are a small minority but definitely make a lot of noise.
Yes, and a few disgruntled Asians boasting about how they are in any way possible superior to the Blacks, including better smell, and how Canadian cities are much better off without Blacks .

You're a freaking hypocrite! After a couple of your latest blatantly racist posts on this thread, how can you still continue posting and putting finger at others about "whining people not accepting Asians", you yourself being so freaking "accepting" and "tolerant" towards other people!

Old 03-17-2015, 07:56 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,739,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingwiththewind View Post
Yes, and a few disgruntled Asians boasting about how they are in any way possible superior to the Blacks, including better smell, and how Canadian cities are much better off without Blacks .

You're a freaking hypocrite! After a couple of your latest blatantly racist posts on this thread, how can you still continue posting and putting finger at others about "whining people not accepting Asians", you yourself being so freaking "accepting" and "tolerant" towards other people!
I think it is you who are being hypocritical here.

And I am not going to take my words back, because statistics are statistics. It is there and unless you can refute me in a logical way, all you did was nice talking. You can pretend race and violent crime rates have absolutely no correlation whatsoever all you want, but as I said, people including you are voting with their feet, not mouth.

Let me ask you again: hypothetically if you move to a city like Chicago, will you choose to live in the black dominant south and west side, or the north side like most white folks do? Ask yourself. Ask you wife if you have one. If your choice is the latter, then all your self-righteous talk is just empty. Who is hypocritical here.

Last edited by botticelli; 03-17-2015 at 08:08 AM..

Old 03-17-2015, 10:31 AM

170 posts, read 182,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
I think it is you who are being hypocritical here.

And I am not going to take my words back, because statistics are statistics. It is there and unless you can refute me in a logical way, all you did was nice talking. You can pretend race and violent crime rates have absolutely no correlation whatsoever all you want, but as I said, people including you are voting with their feet, not mouth.

Let me ask you again: hypothetically if you move to a city like Chicago, will you choose to live in the black dominant south and west side, or the north side like most white folks do? Ask yourself. Ask you wife if you have one. If your choice is the latter, then all your self-righteous talk is just empty. Who is hypocritical here.
Why are you assuming she is white?

Apparently they are voting with their feet in Vancouver too since apparently a lot of white people don't want to live in an Asian dominated city anymore, and there have a thing or two to say about rich Asians buying property and radically changing the city's culture. But of course when someone voices this, you cry racism. I also don't see many white Canadians immigrating to China.

You are a real hypocrite. Basically for you being racist against others is fine, but being racist against Asians is a big no-no and results in crying about unfairness, and then you go on to slam Canada. It really scares me that people like you are moving here under the auspices of diversity, and then you turn around and happily step on it. What you are saying goes against the very essence of Canada.

As for the Chicago comparison, it's apples and oranges. In America those black people are truly Americans for hundreds of years, and had no choice in coming or going. They are in their home country. They are not the same thing as a Chinese guy like you jumping through hoops to come to Canada, and then spreading racist vitrol that is anathema to Canadian values, spitting on Canada and telling Canadians to "go back to where they came from".

University backs professor who says Asian immigration damages Vancouver - The Globe and Mail

Old 03-17-2015, 11:07 AM

2,829 posts, read 3,178,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCassidy View Post
Why are you assuming she is white?

Apparently they are voting with their feet in Vancouver too since apparently a lot of white people don't want to live in an Asian dominated city anymore, and there have a thing or two to say about rich Asians buying property and radically changing the city's culture. But of course when someone voices this, you cry racism. I also don't see many white Canadians immigrating to China.

You are a real hypocrite. Basically for you being racist against others is fine, but being racist against Asians is a big no-no and results in crying about unfairness, and then you go on to slam Canada. It really scares me that people like you are moving here under the auspices of diversity, and then you turn around and happily step on it. What you are saying goes against the very essence of Canada.

As for the Chicago comparison, it's apples and oranges. In America those black people are truly Americans for hundreds of years, and had no choice in coming or going. They are in their home country. They are not the same thing as a Chinese guy like you jumping through hoops to come to Canada, and then spreading racist vitrol that is anathema to Canadian values, spitting on Canada and telling Canadians to "go back to where they came from".

University backs professor who says Asian immigration damages Vancouver - The Globe and Mail
I have to agree with other posters that Botti should tone down his rhetoric if he wants to avoid being seen as a hypocrite. And being ethnic Chinese, frankly, even I dislike the atmosphere in Vancouver where Chinese immigrants dominant certain parts of the city and completely fail to integrate into Canadian society and adopt Canada's core values. That's also a reason why my parents chose to settle in White Rock, a predominantly Caucasian municipality outside of Vancouver where one actually feels like they are living in Canada and not China 2.0

Also, in this debate, people tend to mix up the meaning of IMMIGRATION and INTEGRATION:

- Immigration has always been Canada's strong suit ever since its founding. Canada is a country of immigrants from faraway places and will always be open to immigration no matter which party is in power in Ottawa (even the Conservatives are streamlining the immigration process because they realize the obvious economic benefit of an open immigration policy).

- Integration: I think this is where Canada fails (or I should say, certain parts of Canada fails). The government grants 250,000 new immigrants from India, China, and Africa every year to settle in Canada, and somehow expects these people to smoothly and unquestionably adopt our values and way of life - not going to happen. I am increasingly convinced that Canada should adopt a stronger national assimilation and integration policy that actively absorbs immigrant cultures into our mainstream culture and mainstream values to create long-term social cohesion.

English language proficiency requirements would be a good start - mandatory English language courses, along with French language proficiency in municipalities with large Francophone population.

Last edited by bostonkid123; 03-17-2015 at 11:18 AM..

Old 03-17-2015, 02:56 PM

31 posts, read 31,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
That's incorrect. The population of Russia is less than half the population of USA.

Or did you mean that the birth rate in Russia is higher than the birth rate of USA?

In any case it will have a long way to go to catch up as USA is the third most highly populated country in the world.

Yes I mean the birth rate. Children born per woman per year.
'Dying' Russia's Birth Rate Is Now Higher Than America's - Forbes

I must admit that when I travel, and I spend a few weeks in different countries, I like being a minority. Makes the world vibrant and fresh while arousing curiosity. Love the feeling of setting goals to learn a new language, or even learning other countries cultures and history. In Canada it is satisfactory at the moment. The only problem could be with integration, and new laws being passed to benefit majorities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Vancouver