Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2019, 09:55 AM

801 posts, read 547,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsuperfly View Post
And sometimes people forget to mention that:

personal income tax rate in country A(which can include provided education, healthcare, and retirement benefits) can equal or be less than: personal income tax rate + tuition + healthcare premiums/payments + retirement contributions in country B
That's true. It all depends on your personal situation. Some people are better off in Country A while others are better off in Country B (Welfare model)

Old 07-19-2019, 09:56 AM

2,594 posts, read 1,240,536 times
Quote:

personal income tax rate in country A(which can include provided education, healthcare, and retirement benefits) can equal or be less than: personal income tax rate + tuition + healthcare premiums/payments + retirement contributions in country B
Exactly. And because those services are not run on a for profit basis they in the long run cost far less money per person then the idiotic for profit system we have here.

Old 07-19-2019, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
Exactly. And because those services are not run on a for profit basis they in the long run cost far less money per person then the idiotic for profit system we have here.
I've always wondered this about people who disapprove of capitalism...

There are plenty of countries that have your ideal system. Why don't you move there?

Old 07-19-2019, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liar_Liar View Post

There are plenty of countries that have your ideal system. Why don't you move there?
The two answers are obvious. I'll give you a hint, they both start with an F.

Old 07-19-2019, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
The two answers are obvious. I'll give you a hint, they both start with an F.
A whole family moving to another country is not unheard of...

My family did it. I've met countless people my age with a story similar to mine whose families originated from all over.

And yes, I understand it's not a simple matter of buying airplane tickets..

Last edited by Liar_Liar; 07-19-2019 at 10:48 AM..

Old 07-19-2019, 11:03 AM

Quote:
A whole family moving to another country is not unheard of...

My family did it. I've met countless people my age with a story similar to mine whose families originated from all over.

And yes, I understand it's not a simple matter of buying airplane tickets..
I know..my parents immigrated here.

The whole love it or leave it attitude is what is causing this country to fall further and further behind the rest of the developed world.

Old 07-19-2019, 11:21 AM

2,194 posts, read 1,138,687 times
Quote:

Capitalism and providing for the overall welfare of a nation's citizens are not necessarily mutually exclusive concepts.

Old 07-19-2019, 11:48 AM

1,495 posts, read 1,671,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Maybe since she came from such privilege, she doesn't get the concept of minimum wage type jobs progressing onto better things.
That really implies that it is okay to treat workers badly if they aren't going to stay for long and that people don't get stuck in minimum wage jobs, both of which are untrue.

Old 07-19-2019, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Capitalism and providing for the overall welfare of a nation's citizens are not necessarily mutually exclusive concepts.
I've been hearing that since forever. Still waiting for it to happen..

Old 07-19-2019, 12:39 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,958,107 times
Quote:

Dont forget the property tax rates+payroll taxes at the federal and local level as well. In America, property taxes in particular are usually far higher than in most other western countries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment