Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2015, 04:17 PM

18 posts, read 33,776 times

Advertisements

I'm not a regular to C-D but Elkhunter was one of the contributors I very much admired. Thank you for your service, Sir. God speed, James.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2016, 01:54 AM

7,378 posts, read 12,659,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by popcorn247 View Post
There was a post on the 25th.

His post: 12:50 am 5/25/15.....
If I had time to only see one thing in Sheridan and no others, it would hands down, be King's Saddlery. Its right on Main Street, about the middle of downtown on the West side of the street. Walk in the front door and walk through the store like you owned it, and out the back door. No, you didn't miss it, its actually across the ally. Hahah . It not only shows a lot of history about Sheridan, and Wyoming, but a great deal of Western history. Old saddles, spurs, ropes, guns, wagons, a Hurst, pictures of Sheridan in the 1800's, and so much more.

Other than a short 18 year stint in Uncle Sam's Canoe Club, I've been around Sheridan since 1972 and I have yet to see everything in Kings. To even see everything in the store would make for a long, long day. There is no charge to see the museum, but they do ask for a donation, if you want. The curator and host is a King descendant and a lovely lady. She's always more than willing to answer any questions you might have.

If I had time to see a second thing in Sheridan, I'm not sure what it'd be because there are so many things to see and do in Sheridan. If you end up moving here, you'll soon learn that its impossible to see everything in Sheridan in the first year you live here.
It's been a year since we lost Elkhunter...
I'll be in Sheridan in July, and I'm going to go into King's Saddlery and have a quiet moment, and think of our friend EH and all he meant for this forum.

Old 05-30-2016, 05:29 PM

1,393 posts, read 3,172,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
I'll be in Sheridan in July, and I'm going to go into King's Saddlery and have a quiet moment, and think of our friend EH and all he meant for this forum.
Say one for me, too. Miss his wit and wisdom.

Old 05-31-2016, 11:16 AM

19,723 posts, read 10,492,475 times
love you, Elkhunter

Old 08-08-2016, 04:04 AM

123 posts, read 215,427 times
It's been well over a year since I visited the forum and like everyone I'm saddened at the loss of Elk Hunter. His kind, detailed, and honest insight was appreciated so much.

We finally made the trip out west from Ohio with 2 of my some and drive through Sheridan and thought of EH. He seemed to have a calling to be who he was in helming so many in the forum. I still have a dream, dare I say calling, to continue my teaching career in Wyoming as a teacher. Sheridan was one of the top 3 towns on my list. If I get back through I'll be sure to stop at Kings.

RIP Elk Hunter I feel I've lost a warm friend. Welrd someone can have such an influence in so many. Thanks for the helpfulness, Elk Hunter and thanks for the service to our great and beautiful nation. Blessings.

Old 09-23-2016, 10:21 PM

16 posts, read 41,977 times
Sleep well my friend.

Old 09-24-2016, 11:00 AM

74,112 posts, read 1,835,437 times
I don't live here, but I miss Elkhunter!

Old 08-11-2018, 03:21 PM

7,378 posts, read 12,659,218 times
Quote:
Well, it took me two more years, but I finally made it to King's Saddlery yesterday. What an amazing place! And I went in back to the museum, and sent my/our thanks to Elkhunter in the Beyond.

Old 08-11-2018, 03:24 PM

2,790 posts, read 6,125,109 times
Quote:
Well, it took me two more years, but I finally made it to King's Saddlery yesterday. What an amazing place! And I went in back to the museum, and sent my/our thanks to Elkhunter in the Beyond.
Thank you. Although I live far from Wyoming, I really enjoyed Elkhunter's posts.

Old 08-11-2018, 04:02 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,711,220 times
Quote:
Good for you! We all miss him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming