Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2020, 07:12 AM

9,852 posts, read 7,718,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Sepia was once prescribed to me by an MD and she gave me 200 strength. (I don't remember off hand how the strengths compare.) I took it as directed until I had a mammogram that showed the calcifications were gone. After that she said to just take sepia every so often, as often as needed. It didn't seem to do any harm to take it. I'm really not too sure that practitioners really know how to use homeopathy these days as it's not being studied and so many people have ridiculed it that it's practically unheard of.

If you can find a Materia Medica, it will list the procedures that they used. What medication, what strength, for how long, and then what medication they used next, and so on. Complicated stuff and it depends upon so many small details. Much knowledge has been lost, sadly.

My dr said that there was no harm in taking the sepia 200 throughout menopause for any symptoms I had. She never suggested any other remedy to take afterwards.
That is wonderful. 200 is considered strong and usually only given out by practitioners. 30C & 6C are sold in stores. I always buy the 30C.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2020, 01:36 AM

6,937 posts, read 6,866,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland
Sepia was once prescribed to me by an MD and she gave me 200 strength. (I don't remember off hand how the strengths compare.) I took it as directed until I had a mammogram that showed the calcifications were gone. After that she said to just take sepia every so often, as often as needed. It didn't seem to do any harm to take it. I'm really not too sure that practitioners really know how to use homeopathy these days as it's not being studied and so many people have ridiculed it that it's practically unheard of.
Do you remember how many you had to take and for how long etc? It is interesting that we have a report from you to back up the story I read elsewhere. Thanks.

Old 05-15-2020, 09:13 AM

26,656 posts, read 28,662,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Do you remember how many you had to take and for how long etc? It is interesting that we have a report from you to back up the story I read elsewhere. Thanks.
No, unfortunately, I don't remember what she told me because it was a long time ago. I think if I had to do it now, I would look it up in a Materia Medica and see what they say. (I have two copies but you can probably buy them on ebay or Amazon.)

The sepia worked wonders for menopause though. I also had an issue with a dr giving me estrogen, which I only took for a few days. But it did something to my legs that caused so much pain that I could hardly walk. That's how I found this dr originally because when I went back to the estrogen dr, he said he had no idea. Said it sounded like phlebitis but how could I have it in both legs? He had no idea, no suggestions. So I thought I was just doomed.

Someone told me about this woman dr who specialized in "women's issues" and I went to her. My first homeopathy experience and I've talked about it here before. She quickly diagnosed it as inflammation of the connective tissues (I still don't know exactly how I would have gotten that or why estrogen did it) and she had me sit down and she got out a tiny container of pills. That was sepia 200. She said to put three pellets under my tongue. I was like, "huh?" "What?" But I did it anyway. When I got up to leave, I was able to walk down the hallway to the elevator and to my car without too much pain. Weird. Very unexpected. Very weird. About three hours later I was supposed to take three more of the pellets, so I did, and again experienced another marked decrease in leg pain. The last dose, three hours after that, took the pain away completely. I couldn't believe it.

When I went back to her for the breast calcifications, she had me take sepia again and I was of the correct constitution for it (would have to look that up, don't remember) and it probably was responsible for the disappearance of the calcifications but I can't prove it. I do want to remind people: GET your MAMMOGRAMS. Don't pretend that any medicine or anything that you do will take the place of regular mammograms. The mammograms were to see if the sepia was working.

Old 06-24-2020, 08:53 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,733,896 times
The Power of Homeopathy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khmF...ature=youtu.be

My daughter just sent me this 28 min video on the POWER and HISTORY of homeopathy narrated by Lou Paradise, who also happens to be one of the founders of Topricin for Pain which I would not be without in my life and which I've talked about a lot.

Well worth the education here.

He also mentions that homeopathy was used during the 1918 Flu pandemic...

Old 07-02-2020, 03:55 PM

451 posts, read 320,077 times
Disclaimer: I do not have any commercial interest in this company/product. I am just passing on this information to my fellow posters here.

Boiron Arsenicum Album 30C, 80 Pellets, Homeopathic Medicine
https://www.amazon.com/Boiron-Arseni...005P0XNVI?th=1

This product above is being recommended as a prophylactic (preventive medicine) for COVID infection. Apparently, there are no side-effects with consuming it. Monthly Adult Dosage: 5 pellets twice a day for 5 days; Monthly Dosage for children: 3 pellets twice a day for 4 days.

Old 07-03-2020, 12:19 PM

2,841 posts, read 3,196,266 times
What is the source of this recommendation? There was a time when some homeopaths were recommending Ars Alb, but I haven't heard much about it recently. Is this a new recommendation?

It's always better to prescribe for the individual case and symptoms.

Old 07-07-2020, 05:55 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,809,357 times
I wish someone had an answer for headaches/migraines but I've given up. I've tried pretty much everything seems like.

Old 07-08-2020, 03:34 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,662,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windwalker2 View Post
What is the source of this recommendation? There was a time when some homeopaths were recommending Ars Alb, but I haven't heard much about it recently. Is this a new recommendation?

It's always better to prescribe for the individual case and symptoms.
Here's an article about it. I looked it up out of curiosity.

https://www.the-scientist.com/news-o...onavirus-67075
used in respiratory disorders and has been in widespread use for more than 220 years with a good safety record, was found to be an effective prophylactic during the swine flu epidemic in India in 2009. A study conducted by Robert Mathie of the British Homeopathic Association and his group, in collaboration with the CCRH, reported in Homeopathy that of the various homeopathic medicines given to patients with swine flu symptoms, Arsenicum album was most successful in reducing fever, cough, runny nose, sore throat, and headache. There was no control arm. In another, placebo-controlled trial conducted by the CCRH, homeopathic medicines were also found to reduce flu-like symptoms.

Of course hard core science types will argue and say that homeopathy doesn't work because they can't prove it. I seldom care whether they can prove it or not because how do I know they used a qualified homeopathic practitioner? How do I know they weren't biased in the first place and rigged it so that they'd get the wanted results? How do I know if they bothered to match the remedy with the person's "constitution"? Did they make sure the person didn't eat or drink anything for about 15 minutes before and after? Did they monitor the person to make sure that they didn't cancel the effects by consuming something like coffee or mint or some of the other substances that stop the treatment from working? Anyway, just because someone hasn't proven something yet, doesn't mean that it does't work.

That said, Arsenicum has never helped me. But of course, the person's characteristics have to be taken into account. Maybe it's just not a workable remedy for me.

Anyway, I don't think it would offer much help in COVID19. Maybe, possibly a tiny effect because of the respiratory effects it has on some people, but I sure wouldn't depend upon it.

Last edited by in_newengland; 07-08-2020 at 03:48 PM..

Old 09-19-2020, 03:24 PM

233 posts, read 155,242 times
Default Homeopathic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
I've use homeopathic remedies since the 80's. This is my short list of what to keep on hand right now. I buy the Boiron blue and white 30c tubes - around $7-8.

Arnica Montana - good for any bruising, trauma
Arsenicum Album - recommended by India for coronavirus
Gelsemium - recommended during 1918 pandemic
Drosera - dry coughs
Hepar Sulph Calc - dry coughs
Ignatia - stress
Hypericum Perf - nerve injury/like smashing finger in car door
Carbo Veg - stomach issues

When we need to use them, we dissolve 3-5 pellets under the tongue, repeat every few hours until the issue is gone. You can read more about each one online. The closer you match all the symptoms to the correct remedy the better. Some work better if your symptoms improve with cold vs hot, etc.

My dad used them but I didn't learn too much at home.

But I later discovered that when I had palpitations in my 40's, and used Mag/Phos for it and it worked in less than a minute
I was a believer then and there !

I also passed that info on to a Nutritionist I know, and he told a customer and the customer has been happy with the results as well.

AND I got a new Biological dentist and she removed root canals and removed leaking amalgams and replaced them with composites and the pain killers she used contained , ruta, hypericum, and arnica, they were awesome, never felt a lick of pain, gums, jawbone, everything ok and I could easily drive, not a drug, real medicine!

k
too bad the docs bad mouthed them for so long, they're so good.....

Old 09-20-2020, 08:39 AM

9,852 posts, read 7,718,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennywally51 View Post
AND I got a new Biological dentist and she removed root canals and removed leaking amalgams and replaced them with composites and the pain killers she used contained , ruta, hypericum, and arnica, they were awesome, never felt a lick of pain, gums, jawbone, everything ok and I could easily drive, not a drug, real medicine!
I also had my amalgam fillings replaced in the 90's and also used Arnica.

We also use Tecnu products for poison ivy. Last week I used the Tecnu and then the next day put a couple of drops of the "hot" Oregano essential oil on the area and the poison ivy literally disappeared overnight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine