Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2020, 12:49 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,646,935 times

Advertisements

I am working with a homeopathic practitioner right now.

I have anxiety, and I also had a sore ankle from a sprain (could not walk far without it screaming in pain).

I was given two remedies, which helped enormously. One was phosphorus - I fortget the other one, but if someone wants to know, I will look up the remedy.

My ankle is 100% cured, which to me, is a miracle. I didn't know homeopathy could remedy something like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2020, 05:04 PM

233 posts, read 155,218 times
Default Anxiety

my Biological Dentist use homeopathy in her practice

My dad used homeopathy, but I didn't learn much at home, but I never forgot it and so used Mag/Phos for my palpitations, and they stopped in less than a minute, and they had been going for hours too.

AND if you look up Stabil, it's a homeopathic remedy for anxiety that get's good results
you may wish to investigate further before buying it.

Old 09-20-2020, 05:29 PM

13,062 posts, read 7,497,585 times
I was amazed to how quickly colchicine works on relieving gout pain.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colchicine

Old 09-21-2020, 03:33 AM

6,932 posts, read 6,866,775 times
So...how do we think homeopathy works then?

Old 09-21-2020, 09:55 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,513,424 times
Homeopathy for treating Anxiety

I've never heard of any of these until now, but there are alot of options, what I like about this article is they are specific about which remedy works for what type of anxiety.

Old 09-21-2020, 10:50 AM

26,656 posts, read 28,662,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
No one knows for certain. I've had it work though and it was definitely not the placebo effect because I was scoffing at it and asking the dr for some "real pills." I was amazed at the results by the of the day.

Homeopathy is not studied much because there's no money in it. A lot of the practitioners who claim to know how to use it, really don't know that much, unfortunately. They would have to match the remedy to the person's "constitution" or personality combined with other aspects of their makeup. It's an art.

People use Rescue Remedy on dogs and they say it works. They use that on people too. I tried it--nothing happened. I had a homepathic practitioner prescribe the wrong remedy for me and I suffered temporary ill effects so there's further proof to me that it works. You might get a book on homeopathy and use some of the simpler remedies on yourself but anything more complicated requires and expert and there aren't many of them around.

The way it works is a little bit like the way vaccines work, apparently. The remedy provokes a response. I think that's about all they know.

Old 09-21-2020, 09:17 PM

233 posts, read 155,218 times
Default Gout

Quote:
Originally Posted by leastprime View Post
I was amazed to how quickly colchicine works on relieving gout pain.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colchicine

in addition to what you mentioned, ACV, apple-cider-vinegar also works......

Old 09-21-2020, 11:13 PM

4,179 posts, read 5,058,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Placebo effect.

Old 09-22-2020, 09:56 AM

9,850 posts, read 7,718,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG183 View Post
Placebo effect.
And there's nothing wrong with that! Just think about how every single med tested is compared against the placebo effect, wouldn't you rather be the patient that gets better taking a sugar pill or a suggestion rather than paying for a high priced medicine? I would.

Old 09-22-2020, 10:53 AM

1,624 posts, read 1,354,540 times
My understanding is that homepathics are energy medicine. They contain the energy of the substance without the actual substance itself. If matched correctly, the energy then works on the principle of "like cures like", meaning the body recognizes the energy and acts upon that recognition to heal itself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine