Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2020, 08:21 AM

9,858 posts, read 7,729,352 times

Advertisements

I've use homeopathic remedies since the 80's. This is my short list of what to keep on hand right now. I buy the Boiron blue and white 30c tubes - around $7-8.

Arnica Montana - good for any bruising, trauma
Arsenicum Album - recommended by India for coronavirus
Gelsemium - recommended during 1918 pandemic
Drosera - dry coughs
Hepar Sulph Calc - dry coughs
Ignatia - stress
Hypericum Perf - nerve injury/like smashing finger in car door
Carbo Veg - stomach issues

When we need to use them, we dissolve 3-5 pellets under the tongue, repeat every few hours until the issue is gone. You can read more about each one online. The closer you match all the symptoms to the correct remedy the better. Some work better if your symptoms improve with cold vs hot, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2020, 03:19 AM

1,316 posts, read 1,710,081 times
I use a homeopathic remedy which prevents me from getting poison ivy. (PI is getting much stronger due to climate change.)

Old 03-04-2020, 06:42 AM

I forgot one thing on the list:

Boiron Oscillococcinum

Old 03-17-2020, 01:09 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,749,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
I forgot one thing on the list:

Boiron Oscillococcinum
We must not forget Oscillo, I keep a stock but have not needed to use it for some yrs.

I've posted on some specifics for homeopathy use but I will post what I use daily for my good health.

Calms Forte' (in my sleep combo)
Topricin (topically for joint/muscle pain)
Arnica (topically for " ")
HGH (for total well being, deeper sleep and less pain meds)
Cineraria Maritma (keeps cataracts away and other eye issues)
Simalasan (for dry eyes)

For anyone searching for supports, good to do a search with your issue and homeopathics. You could be very pleased to find so much.

Here is one site on the History of Homeopathy, and there are more if one wants to seek more.

https://homeopathic.com/a-condensed-...of-homeopathy/

I realize everyone needs to run what they are doing by their doctors, but I've found in my life allopathic MD's know so so little about this medicine, if they know anything.
___

Old 04-28-2020, 07:46 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,872,488 times
I am interested to know how one treats a chronic disease or one which has been around for a while.

For example I have heard that sepia is good for breast nodules and calcifications. How would that be used for a long-standing condition like that?

Presumably the symptoms or description of the condition will change as you go through the treatment.

Old 04-29-2020, 08:20 AM

For a long term condition, a homeopathic doctor would probably treat your whole constitution, considering all your general tendencies and then selecting a higher potency remedy.

Old 05-03-2020, 08:45 AM

245 posts, read 304,248 times
What's the "silver bullet" for general anxiety disorder?

Thanks.

Old 05-04-2020, 09:00 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,872,488 times
Quote:
Maybe meditation?

Old 05-05-2020, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by christianstad View Post

Thanks.
I've given family members Ignatia for stress and it's helped.

Old 05-05-2020, 08:00 PM

26,653 posts, read 28,677,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
I am interested to know how one treats a chronic disease or one which has been around for a while.

For example I have heard that sepia is good for breast nodules and calcifications. How would that be used for a long-standing condition like that?

Presumably the symptoms or description of the condition will change as you go through the treatment.
Sepia was once prescribed to me by an MD and she gave me 200 strength. (I don't remember off hand how the strengths compare.) I took it as directed until I had a mammogram that showed the calcifications were gone. After that she said to just take sepia every so often, as often as needed. It didn't seem to do any harm to take it. I'm really not too sure that practitioners really know how to use homeopathy these days as it's not being studied and so many people have ridiculed it that it's practically unheard of.

If you can find a Materia Medica, it will list the procedures that they used. What medication, what strength, for how long, and then what medication they used next, and so on. Complicated stuff and it depends upon so many small details. Much knowledge has been lost, sadly.

My dr said that there was no harm in taking the sepia 200 throughout menopause for any symptoms I had. She never suggested any other remedy to take afterwards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine