Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2021, 02:29 AM

8 posts, read 3,286 times

Advertisements

^^^^^^^^ Yes very true,good reply!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2021, 01:06 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,369,528 times
A story:I didn't believe in crystals, 1986 - I mean I was open. So this handsome bartender in Chapel Hills, NC, tells me on a quiet afternoon,
(married to someone I know, they have maybe 6 kids),
about his clear crystal necklace after I ask about it.
He tells me about all these gorgeous women that hit on him and how on the long drive home he thinks about them.
When he wears the crystal...he never does.

A story: Ha, I also tested it, by accident! I was doing just fine visiting my mother -
then we took a drive and I thought I would go insane - maybe just open the door and jump out...then, I noticed ---
I forgot to wear my quartz crystal!
I'll be darned - that thing seemed to repel her neurotic energy or something...weird!!!
Or did it make my aura stronger, as they say? Who knows.
That's why I always say test everything - Seeing is believing. For yourself!!!

*But, really if the room spins after drinking too much...hold a smokey quartz. Do the eyes closed, eyes open thing...with and without the crystal...you'll see.
Not a tiny necklace, tho. A nice chunk you would hold in your hand.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn; 07-12-2021 at 01:25 AM..

Old 07-12-2021, 10:02 AM

16 posts, read 10,591 times
A good reply indeed Miss hepburn!!

Im glad to hear all that

Old 07-12-2021, 08:27 PM

10,300 posts, read 6,818,131 times
If the crystals contain U238, then yes, they do, in fact, contain energy...

Old 07-14-2021, 05:31 PM

6,932 posts, read 6,866,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
The problem, to some extent, Miss Hep, is that there are a lot of ineffective acupuncturists out there, for example. So skeptics who go to the wrong practitioner will come away convinced it's all fake. This, of course, is the problem Houdini ran into: the overwhelming majority of people advertising to be "mediums" were fakes, so everyone concluded there was no such thing as a "real" medium.

When I experiment with alternative medicine, I document the results with lab tests, if there are positive results. I have before-and-after test results in my medical files. I've had doctors look at my test results and just shake their heads, saying "I don't know how you did that", or "you're not supposed to be able to achieve that" (per their education).

But people who are in fairly good health, and don't find themselves falling through the cracks of the medical system wouldn't have any reason to experiment outside the box, as it were. They're lucky. OTOH, it's very cool to discover that various forms of "energy medicine" do get results.
I think people seem to forget there are whole countries which have been using energy medicine of one kind or another for generations. China still uses acupuncture extensively, Switzerland uses homeopathy and other countries, where there is no orthodox medical treatment in certain areas have relied on healers, herbalists and witch doctors who have been supporting the population again for generations.

It really doesn't matter if some of the effect is due to the placebo effect, which by the way, is OFTEN more effective than orthodox drugs percentage effectiveness. The whole point is healing those who are sick, so any combination of methods is good for the patient if it works for them.

I think we lose sight of the real issue and need to argue about which is better, but we are so different that each patient is going to have things which work for them and things which dont. Some of it could boil down to the patients beliefs too.

Some of the best private clinics in Beijing still use acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine and they are always busy. I know because my father in law used to work in one. Of course, Western medicine is big business in the hospitals too but most I have gone to also have TCM pharmacies within them (as part of the hospital) as well as orthodox pharmacies for orthodox drugs.

I think if you go to an acupuncturist, then you need to go to a properly trained one. Someone who has been recommended to you and someone who knows not only acupuncture but also the philosophy, and herbs which go with it. However, you get good and bad doctors and practitioners everywhere so there is nothing specially bad about a particular modality.

Old 08-07-2021, 09:13 AM

259 posts, read 522,532 times
Everything is energy including our bodies. Anything works for the person who believes it works. It's all about perception. People will tell you what to believe based on their personal perspective and experience but the only way for you to be "convinced" is to try it yourself.

Old 08-07-2021, 08:30 PM

6,932 posts, read 6,866,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromChicagotoSeattle View Post
Everything is energy including our bodies. Anything works for the person who believes it works. It's all about perception. People will tell you what to believe based on their personal perspective and experience but the only way for you to be "convinced" is to try it yourself.
Or to put it another way... as you believe, so it is. Maybe?

Since our reality is an energy construct then our minds can create and destroy, and as we become better at manifestation, our lives will contain more of what we intend. Isn't this what all the New Age books and visualisation books have been telling us, or maybe it is one huge con trick to sell more books?

However, science is starting to discover that depending on who is and what we are observing, things appear for us as we need them in our environment. They dont seem to have a handle on this just yet, but they are getting there with quantum physics.

Of course, the way to decide if it is just us believing if a health modality is effective, is to do the same thing on an animal. Use it (crystals, homeopathy, etc) on animals and to see if it consistently works. Animals cannot be influenced by us telling them it will 'work' and heal them. For them it either works or it doesn't.

On the other hand, the placebo effect is more effective than many pills and potions which are given to us by the medical profession.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine