Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2020, 08:03 AM

10,611 posts, read 12,126,824 times

Advertisements

I'm asking this here, because I didn't see any other obvious place to put it....
So thanks in advance for participating and answering.

Do crystals really have "energy" and "healing properties?"

I ask because I really don't know what to believe about that.
A family member is just into being that, and I'm not sure I buy it. But I don't want to be dismissive either.

I confess I am the kind of person that needs to be convinced.

So is wearing a certain crystal (or gemstone) -- or filling my house with a certain crystal supposed to ward off or "heal" certain conditions?

The only other thread I saw that even came close to this topic was, "crystal healing therapy (research)" and that's from 6 years ago....with no real information. I'll bump it up just to see if that one has any better answers than from 2014.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2020, 08:18 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,379,197 times
Oh yeah.
Ask any Crystal healer! Or their clients!

You wanna be convinced? Personally? Do you drink by any chance?
Drink too much ---or even mix drinks, say, on an empty stomach even---wait for the room to spin.

Hold a nice big smokey quartz...see what happens.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ok, a person drives you absolutely batty ---say a family member, they are always good for that!
Wear a quartz crystal - a necklace is good. You don't even have to add any others in a pocket,
but you could to 'repel' negativity even more---there are so many.

See what happens!

Seeing is believing in my book.
Next, try Flower Essences! Wow, are they powerful --How? I have NO idea!

Old 10-29-2020, 06:24 AM

14 posts, read 9,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selhars View Post
I'm asking this here, because I didn't see any other obvious place to put it....
So thanks in advance for participating and answering.

Do crystals really have "energy" and "healing properties?"

I ask because I really don't know what to believe about that.
A family member is just into being that, and I'm not sure I buy it. But I don't want to be dismissive either.

I confess I am the kind of person that needs to be convinced.

So is wearing a certain crystal (or gemstone) -- or filling my house with a certain crystal supposed to ward off or "heal" certain conditions?

The only other thread I saw that even came close to this topic was, "crystal healing therapy (research)" and that's from 6 years ago....with no real information. I'll bump it up just to see if that one has any better answers than from 2014.

The jury is firmly out on the healing powers of crystals.

Old 10-29-2020, 07:05 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,219,988 times
If crystals do have healing powers, a visit to the Cave of the Crystals will probably cure every disease known to man.

Old 11-01-2020, 05:34 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,872,488 times
If you go into crystals then you go down one of Alice's Rabbit Holes because it is all connected with energy medicine and there are many branches of that. From faith healing, to radionics, to crystal healing, to homeopathy, to flower essences, to just about anything alternative.

I think the Chinese have a good handle on this because acupuncture is supposed to work using meridians which are energy lines running around the body and the different energies effect the different organs. My father-in-law is a Traditional Chinese Medicine doctor and is now 85 and up until CORVID was still practicing at probably one of the best TCM clinics in the world. When training, they learn to diagnose by feeling the meridians and assessing the quality of the chi energy running through them. This has been going on in China for thousands of years and is now complimentary to orthodox western medicine in hospitals.

The Swiss use homeopathy a lot and often give out homeopathic medications when necessary and almost every pharmacy has a homeopathic section.

Science says that EVERYTHING is energy at its lowest level and so I think that means our world is a bunch of different blobs of energy vibrating at different rates. If this is true, then our body is energy, and everything we put in our body is energy too so why not heal with energy ?

Royal Raymond Rife discovered that frequencies tuned to a particular rate could devitalise and destroy certain organisms which suggests that they were sympathetically vibrated to death.

Albert Abrams discovered that certain frequencies could cure diseases when introduced into diseased bodies.

Many people have used energy medicine to heal from witch doctors to faith healers so I think at some level crystals vibrate at a certain rate and hold that rate within themselves. If those crystals have been found to be good for xxx then maybe there is a reason why they are good for xxx and that is because that rate of vibration brings our body back to harmony and balance which brings us back to health.

Bear in mind that orthodox science will not agree with any of this and will contest even acupuncture or homeopathy. Most energy medicine does not cost an arm or a leg and does not increase the profits of big drugs companies.

Old 11-01-2020, 05:42 PM

12,847 posts, read 9,050,725 times
Crystals are pretty. Some have lovely colors. Other than that, no, there is no magic healing power.

Old 11-01-2020, 05:42 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,977,890 times
Placebo.

Old 11-18-2020, 10:20 AM

4,152 posts, read 7,940,693 times
My husband is a chemist and he says no.

Old 11-18-2020, 09:22 PM

1,748 posts, read 1,296,094 times
I wonder where did the different properties of crystals came from. How they knew what crystal is good for what and determined by who?

I have some crystals bracelets i bought for different properties. Sometimes I feel they really works othertimes I don't get desired results.

Old 11-19-2020, 06:07 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,219,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToriaT View Post
My husband is a chemist and he says no.
My friend is a priestess and she disagrees. She says crystals emit vibrations and that certain frequencies affect humans. She believes there is a constant background vibration from the Earth and universe that crystals can amplify or nullify depending on the type and location of crystal. I think it's cuckoo but she is quite certain in her belief.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine