Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2021, 04:07 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,738,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arktikos View Post
It’s interesting that there is a large overlap of individuals decrying that COVID vaccines were rushed into service yet are anxious to ingest this unproven treatment.
There’s much more evidence to this than there is to the vaccine. The safety record goes back a very long time. The studies also show that it is vey effective. The vaccine’s safety record is still up in the air.

This does not have to be in lieu of the vaccine either. It could save lives while people wait their turn to get the vaccine if that is their preference.

Old 01-05-2021, 04:33 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,738,469 times
As I mentioned in #8 above, I had an interesting conversation with a family owned pharm in our town and the pharm herself has a stock of Ivermectin for "just in case".....

I have no plans to get the covid but lord only knows how long Newsome will have this state locked down and keep every one in fear...

What basically Dr. Victory says, having this on hand can keep someone from trying to get into a hospital, which I'm hearing now, are flooded and people being turned away, true or not, don't know...

Old 01-05-2021, 07:13 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,694,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Hi again, I'm not sure how one can buy Ivermectin, I've heard various sources..perhaps the video tells that, I'll listen. I've heard feed supply stores for one place. One can do a search:

Where can I purchase Ivermectin

Just talked to a local family owned pharm here and talking to a pharmacist, she said the Ivermectin is even more effective than the Hydro...... drug....she said she has a stock of it and I kiddingly asked her if she wants to sell me some....

On the hydroxychloroquine drug, just hearing Dr. Victory and people calling in saying even if they can get a doctor to prescribe it for them, many pharmacies won't fill the script...one caller said Costco did for them and Walgreen but it too depends on states one resides, if one can get either of these meds they can treat themselves if covid hits them...

What is going on is that so much of the AMA is in bed with pharma for the big vaccines push, WHICH IS A TRAIN WRECK of a MESS out there.

Of course, the BEST to do is Vit C, Vit D, Zinc and Quercetin and as I do take Grape Seed Extract which I have for decades..

Dr. Victory talked about 2 sources who prescribe the Hydroxy drug, and one is Frontline Doctors and the other one is I can't totally recall, but she has these 2 on her site.
I will send you a PM link where you can buy it. I'm not selling or promoting the place at all, I just want people to have access to it and save your family and loved ones. I don't think majority of us will get the vaccine nor would we want it when a simple drug like Ivermectin can block the virus from spreading.

I bought a 30 day dosage. Usually a week dosage is enough for one person so 30 day can save 4 people.

The prices actually went up for Ivermectin the last 30 days, so it's most likely due to the recent trend.

Old 01-05-2021, 07:21 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,694,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arktikos View Post
It’s interesting that there is a large overlap of individuals decrying that COVID vaccines were rushed into service yet are anxious to ingest this unproven treatment.
Dude, Ivermectin has been around for 60 years and how long was the Pfizer Vaccine? Do your own research instead of waiting for people to link you fun facts.

Old 01-05-2021, 07:27 PM

726 posts, read 328,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Do your own research instead of waiting for people to link you fun facts.
OK. So why does the FDA say "it is not approved for the prevention or treatment of COVID-19"?

Old 01-05-2021, 08:29 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,738,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
I will send you a PM link where you can buy it. I'm not selling or promoting the place at all, I just want people to have access to it and save your family and loved ones. I don't think majority of us will get the vaccine nor would we want it when a simple drug like Ivermectin can block the virus from spreading.

I bought a 30 day dosage. Usually a week dosage is enough for one person so 30 day can save 4 people.

The prices actually went up for Ivermectin the last 30 days, so it's most likely due to the recent trend.
I cannot PM, and I've been doing some Ivermectin searching and the prices seem pretty high, so they are making big profits now on this old medicine.

Old 01-05-2021, 09:01 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,246,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Good job, now watch the video.
Her previous video was taken down. Boo hoo. She is not the only source of info.

Old 01-05-2021, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Her previous video was taken down. Boo hoo. She is not the only source of info.

Yes, a doctor was censored for talking about a treatment for covid. That is beyond messed up. Try watching the whole thing. She’s pro- covid vaccine as well so you may like to hear what she has to say.

Old 01-06-2021, 02:47 AM

18,547 posts, read 15,579,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I think some doctors will prescribe it. I’ve also heard tat there are certain Tele-docs who can prescribe. It really just needs to be recommended by the NIH and the WHO to doctors all over. The evidence supports it at this point. There’s no reason not to. The safety profile is well known.
This is the part I think you are missing.

Scientists are working in a field that has for decades suffered from chronic underfunding and are used to having to do multiple things at once, such as writing grants, training lab assistants, and setting up experiments. Very few scientists can devote 100% of their time to reviewing the safety and efficacy profile of a particular proposed drug. Approving a drug that may impact millions of people is not something that can be brushed off as a formality. Even if the drug has a proven track record of safety, the efficacy must be reviewed not only for data completeness but also to make sure the researchers didn't have pre-existing biases or conflicts of interest. This process takes at least weeks and more commonly months. You can't expect scientists to simply drop everything they are doing just to review a drug.

But let's suppose you're right, that this turns out to be the miracle drug. Most COVID-19 transmission happens before symptoms and in the first few days of symptoms, before someone would even have gotten medical attention or testing. Unless you're proposing the entire population taking the drug regularly, you're not going to have much impact on transmission. And if you did have the entire population taking it prophylactically, you'd have all the same distribution problems for the drug as you do for the vaccine, minus the cold chain issues. Manufacturing would be in short supply for weeks to months. Plus, why should we assume that people will comply with their medication better than they comply with masks?

If you mean to suggest that this should be explored more as a temporary "bridge" solution, maybe it isn't so much a bad idea. But realistically it isn't going to push forward the date we can return to normal by much, perhaps if everyone took the drug regularly we could do it a month sooner at best.

As a treatment option for people who are catching COVID-19, it might work well, but even so, the medical system must avoid being overwhelmed in order to administer the drug to everyone. Don't expect it to be approved as an OTC drug even with the evidence. FWIW, marijuana has a lot going for it in regards to certain forms of epilepsy but the feds still don't allow it.

Old 01-06-2021, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
This is the part I think you are missing.

Scientists are working in a field that has for decades suffered from chronic underfunding and are used to having to do multiple things at once, such as writing grants, training lab assistants, and setting up experiments. Very few scientists can devote 100% of their time to reviewing the safety and efficacy profile of a particular proposed drug. Approving a drug that may impact millions of people is not something that can be brushed off as a formality. Even if the drug has a proven track record of safety, the efficacy must be reviewed not only for data completeness but also to make sure the researchers didn't have pre-existing biases or conflicts of interest. This process takes at least weeks and more commonly months. You can't expect scientists to simply drop everything they are doing just to review a drug.

But let's suppose you're right, that this turns out to be the miracle drug. Most COVID-19 transmission happens before symptoms and in the first few days of symptoms, before someone would even have gotten medical attention or testing. Unless you're proposing the entire population taking the drug regularly, you're not going to have much impact on transmission. And if you did have the entire population taking it prophylactically, you'd have all the same distribution problems for the drug as you do for the vaccine, minus the cold chain issues. Manufacturing would be in short supply for weeks to months. Plus, why should we assume that people will comply with their medication better than they comply with masks?

If you mean to suggest that this should be explored more as a temporary "bridge" solution, maybe it isn't so much a bad idea. But realistically it isn't going to push forward the date we can return to normal by much, perhaps if everyone took the drug regularly we could do it a month sooner at best.

As a treatment option for people who are catching COVID-19, it might work well, but even so, the medical system must avoid being overwhelmed in order to administer the drug to everyone. Don't expect it to be approved as an OTC drug even with the evidence. FWIW, marijuana has a lot going for it in regards to certain forms of epilepsy but the feds still don't allow it.
Doctors and scientists have been viewing the safety profile and looking at this (and other drugs) since the beginning of the pandemic. I hope you watched the video. Over the last month or so doctors and scientists have been begging the NIH and the WHO to simply review the evidence. They have different protocols for prophylaxis, early outpatient, inpatient, etc. The prophylaxis protocols for low risk individuals consist of vitamins and don’t even include this drug.

It could be used as a bridge or with the vaccine or without the vaccine. It’s another tool in the toolbox to save lives.

There is a lot of evidence at is point in time that this works and is safe. There is no excuse to not move forward with it considering we are in the middle of a pandemic. None at all.

Last edited by MissTerri; 01-06-2021 at 07:33 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine