Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2021, 02:59 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,417,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sno0909 View Post
Next store? What does that mean?
Next door. Sounds like voice to text problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2021, 03:34 PM

2,773 posts, read 5,726,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
The only time I've heard or seen the term "white power' was from watching the Dave Chapelle skit on Clayton Bigsby, the Black White Supremacist.
Have a
Maybe one of his greatest skits ever!

Old 08-13-2021, 03:38 PM

30,369 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Madolf View Post
Have a
Maybe one of his greatest skits ever!
Might be, the N****r family skit is also pretty funny.

Old 08-13-2021, 03:47 PM

1,047 posts, read 726,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyearp View Post
fly_me, please do not get offended, but I think you mean 'next door'. I had to read your sentences a few times to understand what you meant by 'next store'. Again, folks get so danged offended these days over spelling issues, I am only trying to help.

Now, you seem to be making some assumptions here. The one that I can tell you is probably correct is the one about the quick two minute visits. Yeah, its probably a drug house. But that doesn't mean for sure he is packing. The police seem to take a pretty lackadaisical approach to drug houses until you're the one dealing them, lol.

I suggest you start packing the biggest gun you can openly. Perhaps get a few black rifles and pack them in and out of the house. Often. Sit on your front porch and clean them. Often. Put security cameras on every corner. Get a big dog.

Or don't buy it. Simple as that.
That is weird I wrote store !
I have no ego with regards to typos. Sorry about that! I have had sleep issues so working on low fuel. I agree with all you say. I guess he will make his mind up in next hour.

Old 08-13-2021, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernetty View Post
Well welcome to Sierra Vista. These are the neighbors you chose but if you didn't want to deal with all that you should've just moved to Hereford. Even in the nice areas of town, SV has a heavy skin head presence (and is ultra right wing, which by reading your posts, seems to be what you were looking for). There have been two violent murders in the last six months as a result of gun violence. Any town you go to will have these same issues. If you don't like those elements, might I recommend you look out in the country??
I don't mind right or left wing. I just didn't like the cop treating me poorly b/c of an assumption he made.

Remember I knew how liberal and gay Bisbee was and that was the original plan. But they were not all that friendly and my eyes were red the whole time so I don't know if it was a copper issue.

I have lived in liberal hipster towns most of my life; Los Feliz, LA, Williamsburg, Brooklyn, Soho, NY, Austin, Tx., but am a Libertarian.

I had no idea there was a skinhead pop anywhere after Michael Chernoff.

I'm rather devastated. I guess way out in PA there may be a few but most are really retired and over it.

He can't do a flip in Hereford and needs to make frequent Home Depot trips.

Ok, so I should not worry about skinheads bc they are typical in SV ?

Old 08-13-2021, 04:25 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,350,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly_me View Post
Already treated badly by a police officer in Sierra Vista. We go to do inspection of home and see (on the golf course, nice part of town) a skinhead and tons of traffic next store. So the current tenant told us a lot. I called police to confirm before this purchase is complete -- they just have earnest money and that expires tomorrow business day. Turns out next store:

1) Shooting. 2) Several trespassing charges. 3) Animal Control visits. 4) Welfare checks. 5) Noise ordinances. 6) The grandson out of the penitentiary and is living it out at his Grandfather's home which Grandfather owns. 7) Presume drug dealing by the numerous 2 minute visitors during the one hour inspection. 8) Grandson is 35 - 40 and still a skinhead? Seriously, that's bad. Most stop at 25ish at the oldest. But if he has penn gang mentality he is highly immature and slow in growth.

I am terrified and he still wants to buy it. He says if it's your time to go it's your time. He really has no fear. I have severe anxiety over this.

So, I have never voted blue in life (ok maybe once when a teenager) but when I called the police, they had a cop call back to answer these questions and I, a huge 2nd Amendment advocate was treated like a foolish liberal for confirming all this drama. Can you believe it? He says in a condescending tone, "where are you moving from?" Of course all Texans and Arizonians are so paranoid libs are going to move in their town. Funny thing is I don't know one lib that has moved to Austin the last decade! I know a lot of Rep and Libertarians that have moved there. The only libs I know in Austin were born there or moved from what used to be a hippy town, Arlington, TX,

I told the cop, "a current felon isn't supposed to have a gun. What are we going to do?" He says, "this is an open carry state!" I said, "I know and I love that but I don't think on parole felons deserve guns and the law agrees with me."

Master bedroom is on the side of home next to them and I have sleep issues already.

You would think the shooting would be enough reason to do checks ups on his guns in home. He said well there has to be a reason for an investigation. He seemed really lazy and annoyed and I was treated weird due to his don't blue my state paranoia. Why do people think blue people would move to an all military town ? They have misplaced paranoia. God forbid, I want to know about the excessive criminal activity next store. I don't know. Are the cops in on drug dealing in this town ? They said that on review boards about Bisbee cops but I've not read it about Sierra.

He gave me another number to find out more and to see if shooting resulted in murder. He only had basics. He was really caviler and I don't think that sounds like good policing.

Oh and if people are paranoid libs are moving to their state, instead of treating new people badly before you know their voting record, how about going out on your day off and register people to vote?

Would you move next door to this Hell? He still thinks he can get it fixed up and make good money on it. Remember, he is slow at fixing up and does it alone. I said to him, any new buyer is going to do what I did and call the cops once they see the traffic next store. He says, "oh he will probably go back to prison." I said not from the dismissive cop I spoke with.

He has no fear b/c his Dad owned buildings in a hard ghetto in LA and he went to collect rents and fix things so he thinks he is "cool" with anything. I said those people were different from a career criminal skinhead. You were the savior fixing things and the owner to them so treated well.

Thank you kindly for reading. What do you all think? I have only one short day to talk him out of home.
My mother a mildly famous NY lawyer and editor and her significant other a retired colonel of the military police lived for a decade in Sierra Vista. Mother ended up heading the local democrats of whom there were only a handful. She claimed she could hold an all members meeting in a small bar with room to spare.

She and he claimed to love Sierra Vista. Claimed the nicest people she had met over 80 years. He was very happy there because of the Fort. We ended up burying him there. So he is forever there.

Old 08-13-2021, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
My mother a mildly famous NY lawyer and editor and her significant other a retired colonel of the military police lived for a decade in Sierra Vista. Mother ended up heading the local democrats of whom there were only a handful. She claimed she could hold an all members meeting in a small bar with room to spare.

She and he claimed to love Sierra Vista. Claimed the nicest people she had met over 80 years. He was very happy there because of the Fort. We ended up burying him there. So he is forever there.
Bless you for sharing your beautiful story. Your Mother sounds so brave! I will really try to think of this when I am acting like a scared baby. This is what I needed. I feel people are all being mean to me b/c of my content or it not being coherent, laden with typos.

I am hoping this skinhead thing is exaggerated. Maybe he is trying to do better. The next door neighbor. I have to lie to myself regardless, if s/o chooses to live next to them.

He said he may* buy and just do a very fast re sale and not even move in.

Old 08-14-2021, 06:53 AM

679 posts, read 878,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly_me View Post

I am hoping this skinhead thing is exaggerated. Maybe he is trying to do better. The next door neighbor. I have to lie to myself regardless, if s/o chooses to live next to them.

He said he may* buy and just do a very fast re sale and not even move in.
If the neighbors are so troubling that you and your S/O won’t even move in to the house, don’t you think any future buyers might be put off as well? Just a thought.

Old 08-14-2021, 08:34 AM

3,409 posts, read 4,634,603 times
Plenty of other places in AZ to check out besides SV, not sure why you must settle in that area or subject yourself to obnoxious neighbors.

Old 08-14-2021, 11:42 AM

402 posts, read 612,532 times
This isn't a hard choice. 100% don't move there. Go rent somewhere else for a year until the market cools off and you have more choices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona