Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2021, 03:39 PM

2,773 posts, read 5,723,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Well you can get one like this for 5 bucks...

Fact of the matter is that Sierra Vista is pretty much your typical Army base town and that stuff comes with the territory.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2021, 10:57 PM

1,047 posts, read 725,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Yup. She had an LLM in Taxation and was a VP at Prentice Hall and the Editor of their Federal Tax Service to lawyers. She also spent almost half her time in DC where she advised various Congressmen on fine points of the tax law. In fact I believe she edited a lot of the Federal tax laws though that was all done through Congressmen without any attrition. We lived in the Bronx and she would leave in the morning to go to either New Jersey or DC - We never knew where she was but we could get her through her Secretary..

The church memory is vague...Saint Patrick's I think. She was at least limitedly R Catholic
She sounds very impressive.

I hope to meet people like her there. Most give me indication I won't. She sounds rare.

You may be thinking of the NYC church because there is one there with that name. But I'll also take a look in Bisbee. Thank you.

Old 08-16-2021, 11:08 PM

Default Thanks!

I wanted all of you wonderful people to know that venting with you about this and reading most of you seeming appalled, as well, has somehow helped me a lot and I feel a shift in my perspective. I don't feel worried about them now. Upon spending time there I may feel differently but for now you all helped me get it out of my system. Thank you.

The tenants are not cooperating by not moving things so the termite inspector cannot make a solid statement so I think another extension will be made on final decision.

Old 08-17-2021, 06:07 AM

2,925 posts, read 3,090,811 times
Quote:
Yup. She had an LLM in Taxation and was a VP at Prentice Hall and the Editor of their Federal Tax Service to lawyers.<snip>
Wow. I used to subscribe to the Prentice Hall Tax service in a previous life, hehe. It was the best. Too bad it is gone now. Or at least, I haven't been able to find it.

Old 08-18-2021, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrshowtime3 View Post
This isn't a hard choice. 100% don't move there. Go rent somewhere else for a year until the market cools off and you have more choices.
He has the money now from Vegas home sale & has a fear he will spend like mad if he doesn't immediately put into a new home which he also has to buy a lot to fix it up, then sell. I understand. Not all of us can handle not making impulsive purchases. If he didn't buy the home he would travel to every golf tournament across World and buy cars. Some men are like kids! And if you are wealthy enough, no problem being that way. I get his logic.

Old 08-18-2021, 05:46 AM

6,093 posts, read 3,334,624 times
It seems odd to me that Sierra Vista would be a place that attracts skinheads or racists or whatever.

The Army base is right there, and there are thousands of non white people who will always be there. They might finish their 2 or 3 years, but they will be replaced by other non-white people.

So why would racists want to populate near a military base if their goal is to not be around non-whites? There are plenty of cities in Arizona that they could be where a military base isn’t there, plus the demographics are more in their favor.

Secondly, I didn’t know Bisbee was so gay. Is that true? I’ve never been there, but I did want to visit and see if I liked it. I guess it’s ok if it is really gay, but that isn’t good for a single guy like me who might want to meet a woman someday.

I’m gonna have to rethink this whole thing about SV and Bisbee. I don’t want to live near violent racists, and I probably shouldn’t live in a gay town either.

Old 08-18-2021, 11:22 AM

I'll update you more. But upon our stay we met a lot of gay people. And they seem to run the town politically speaking. They were not the friendly cool Brooklyn gay population but acted like they were living on the beach in Monaco which I find funny. No humility.

I don't think you would meet a woman there. Sierra Vista you may. I'll probably have a sublet in Bisbee for a few months until the current tenants move out of purchased Sierra home. There is no temp housing or even hotels in SV due to Covid, the Military moved all officers into them and left enlisted on base.

So my Intel will be from three months soon not just a few days. You can DM me so I remember to share with you. It will be a weird post to make so try to Dm.

Old 08-18-2021, 11:27 AM

The Army base is for intelligence officers. Well, a four year school. I don't know what all the other Military people do there.
The only skinhead we encountered is staying with his Father. The story has changed to not Grandfather but Father. Which makes it worse because police have said on their welfare checks the Father is in soiled clothes. It's rather heartbreaking.

Old 08-18-2021, 12:02 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,339,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly_me View Post
The Army base is for intelligence officers. Well, a four year school. I don't know what all the other Military people do there.
The only skinhead we encountered is staying with his Father. The story has changed to not Grandfather but Father. Which makes it worse because police have said on their welfare checks the Father is in soiled clothes. It's rather heartbreaking.
It is an unusual base. I think that is why the Colonel, mothers significant other, picked it. It had the services he wanted without the congestion and difficulties of a major base. We used to enjoy watching the A10s doing touch and goes on the air strip. There were also few military on the Sierra Vista side.

Old 08-23-2021, 02:50 AM

Quote:
It is an unusual base. I think that is why the Colonel, mothers significant other, picked it. It had the services he wanted without the congestion and difficulties of a major base. We used to enjoy watching the A10s doing touch and goes on the air strip. There were also few military on the Sierra Vista side.
You mentioned your Mother's s/o being buried there. If it is not too personal to ask, is she still with us and if so, did she leave SV?

We did final walkthrough today and the skinhead looked weak (shirtless and really thin) and less menacing. I did a very little girl wave and he duplicated it back. Men don't wave that way. So he is smitten or just not used to females.

I was right the shooting, "was a drug deal gone bad," where s/o said family dispute. I knew he made it up or remembered wrong. I never called the detailed cop number just the basic info cop number.
But current tenants said drug deal gone bad.
And our tenants put an offer on a home so it looks like they won't be trouble we thought regarding a move out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona