Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2021, 06:08 AM

30,619 posts, read 18,203,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersWon310 View Post
This is another misleading statement.

No country on Earth has suffered more from this menace than Pakistan.

Did you know? The largest Christianity cross of Asia is actually located in Pak.
And, yet, he did live there. Nobody believes that Pakistani government sources didn't know about him being there either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2021, 07:05 AM

51 posts, read 33,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Well, I did thoroughly enjoy my time in India. I like Pakistani food (and food in general from the region). But I see no reason to travel there.

There is also a terrorism problem there, which I am keen to avoid.
As I said earlier, due to anti terrorism plots, in major cities and avoiding the border with Afghanistan, Your chance of dying in a terrorist attack in Karachi is the same chance as dying in a mass shooting in Houston Texas. That is, only if you don't watch FOX News.

Old 06-11-2021, 08:11 AM

30,619 posts, read 18,203,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moviesandgames View Post
As I said earlier, due to anti terrorism plots, in major cities and avoiding the border with Afghanistan, Your chance of dying in a terrorist attack in Karachi is the same chance as dying in a mass shooting in Houston Texas. That is, only if you don't watch FOX News.
Except that the overwhelming majority of mass shootings in this country are targeted and gang related, and even those that are not are generally targeted. I know that folks who watch CNN and MSNBC won't know this as there is an active effort to "redefine" what a mass shooting is--the standard has been at least 3-4 victims of gun violence--but that doesn't change things. This is contrary to terrorism, which is much more randomized. Pakistan is on the list year after year as being one of the top countries for terrorist attacks. I'll pass, even if the risk of being harmed in a terrorist event is ultimately low on the grand scheme of things . . . it's the random nature of them that I have a problem with. On the whole, Pakistan's murder rate isn't too much out of whack with the US's, but again it's the randomized aspect of terrorism that I have a problem with. Also, in the US, I do not frequent gun free zones, as they provide a false sense of security.

Old 06-11-2021, 08:26 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,881,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersWon310 View Post
This is another misleading statement.

No country on Earth has suffered more from this menace than Pakistan.

Did you know? The largest Christianity cross of Asia is actually located in Pak.
What's misleading about it? Explain.

Not sure how the fact that Pakistan is suffering is relevant to the fact that the country has issues, if anything it contributes to it.

Are you saying "largest Christianity Cross" somehow alleviates this country into a tourism paradise? What a strange statement out of nowhere. I don't even get that reference.

Old 06-11-2021, 08:39 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,881,675 times
For those Pakistan promoters, I am sure it's a beautiful country with great potential. But the US state department has a travel advisory for Pakistan:

https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...-advisory.html

It's currently rated "level 4 - do not travel", it's highest warning label. Reasons detailed above link but in summary not only due to covid, but also due to "terrorism and sectarian violence". It does note that situation in Islamabad has significantly improved.

Old 06-11-2021, 09:02 AM

1,299 posts, read 850,468 times
cons
pakistan is very water deprived
they have lost a lot of minorities who were highly educated since 80s
religious extremism thanks to saudis
extremely overpopulated

pakistan could have been like Brazil or Yugoslavia in its heyday but its short sighted leadership and greedy military has really retarded the growth of this country

Old 06-11-2021, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
For those Pakistan promoters, I am sure it's a beautiful country with great potential. But the US state department has a travel advisory for Pakistan:

https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...-advisory.html

It's currently rated "level 4 - do not travel", it's highest warning label. Reasons detailed above link but in summary not only due to covid, but also due to "terrorism and sectarian violence". It does note that situation in Islamabad has significantly improved.

It also says terrorism is rare in Islamabad. Almost all countries are on level 4 because of covid LOL it has nothing to do with safety as much as it does with Covid-19

Old 06-11-2021, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad01 View Post
cons
pakistan is very water deprived
they have lost a lot of minorities who were highly educated since 80s
religious extremism thanks to saudis
extremely overpopulated

pakistan could have been like Brazil or Yugoslavia in its heyday but its short sighted leadership and greedy military has really retarded the growth of this country
Pakistan is better than many SA countries and other countries in its league. Its employment rate is 4.4 percent one of the lowest in the world compared to Brazil's 12%. Don't compare it to America and Canada or Europe and you will see that Pakistan is not as bad as it seems.

edited to say safety wise pakistan had 3000 murders last year while brazil while same population had almost 60,000 some favelas in Brazil even the police can't get to and are complete slums controlled by druglords, something that doesn't occur in Pakistan

Old 06-11-2021, 10:19 AM

50,770 posts, read 24,277,952 times
Quote:
You didn't get my point. In 2008-2014 or 15 terrorism was widespread in all provinces. Now it only happens in Balochistan because that province is at war with the neighboring countries and military and such. Pakistani forces can even go there and I dont even think tourists can go there without a special ID from the government.

When was the last major terror attack in Islamabad? Lahore? Karachi?? these are cities tourists go to and have enjoyed immensely due to the lack of said attacks
I got your point.
I disagree with it.

No one is saying that things aren't better than they were, but the American State Department in its travel advisory hardly gives the nation a green light for safety.

Old 06-11-2021, 10:22 AM

50,770 posts, read 24,277,952 times
Quote:
The americans in this thread wont like this even though its true, americans are huge fans of India as many Americans are anti muslim.

to the americans, show one video where an vlogger in india tries to pay for his meal, and the resturant owner gives the meal for free? its commonplace in pakistan.

Shows the kindness of Pakistanis. Even though they are in poverty and would never let an oppurtuinty to gain money go to waste, they welcome the stranger from abroad and give the meal for free even when they know they will take a loss. I have seen Americans or other foreginers get invited for tea in Pakistan aswell.

Show me any examples in india please and I am waiting.
I would hardly say that Americans are "huge fans" of India.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia