Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2021, 01:34 PM

51 posts, read 33,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevie60 View Post
Not wanting to visit your country does not make us ugly or ignorant Americans. It just means people have about a million other places they would rather go. If the department of tourism is paying you to get on message boards to promote westerners visiting Pukistan, they are wasting money. Or maybe you are the dept or tourism?

Why is Pakistank so desperate for tourists? Is your country in such dire straits that you must beg for attention from people you hate?
It isn't desperate. Tourism has been steadily increasing and ignorant Americans such as yourself shouldn't come actually, because many others already are
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2021, 02:03 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,884,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moviesandgames View Post
Ignorance is clearly showing here, there is more to a country than a cross.

I think this thread should be closed due to sheer ignorance of people here. Saying Oh, I will visit India, just because of their hatred towards Muslims. Pakistan is better than India in every single aspect, if not similar

When was the last terrorist attack in Islamabad, Karachi, or Lahore? compare that to the last time some dude having a bad day killed 10+ people in the US
Yeah there you go again with labels and misdirection. This is the Asian forum, not the US forum. If you want to talk US there are other forums for you new guy. We are measuring against the rest of Asia, no?

The cross was a tongue in cheek reference but really the point is the same. Yes Pakistan is underrated, sure, it has a low bar to live up to. But why visit Pakistan when there are so many other beautiful regions in Asia to visit?

If you want to close a thread simply inform the mods. Likely they will close it themselves if it get's too off topic with "america this, America that..."

Old 06-15-2021, 02:05 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,884,085 times
Quote:
... and ignorant Americans such as yourself shouldn't come actually...
Oh also new guy, personal insults are against the TOS here in CityData. That will get you sent to banned camp real quick. Just friendly advice.

Old 06-15-2021, 03:03 PM

3,835 posts, read 4,440,418 times
Quote:
It isn't desperate. Tourism has been steadily increasing and ignorant Americans such as yourself shouldn't come actually, because many others already are
Getting the thread back on track, I think it's going to be difficult to attract western tourists to Pakistan for a number of reasons;
1) As an American, I would be wary of visiting a country that whether you want to admit it or not, still has a very substantial portion of its population that is anti West and sympathizes with Al Qaeda/Taliban/insert bad guy here. I still remember the attacks on the Sri Lankan cricket team, the bombs that nearly took out the New Zealand team. That was the end of international sport in Pakistan that is still not back to normal a decade later. The only muslim country I can think of that is successful with western tourism would be the UAE, and that country has a completely different way of life compared to Pakistan. Could Pakistan allow a city with the lifestyle, culture and mindset of Dubai to exist? I would suspect no.

2) India is next door. If I wanted to go to the subcontinent, India would win easily. It has way more tourist attractions, is not anti West, and obviously Islam is not the dominant religion. Yet India has probably more muslims than Pakistan, so you can get your fix of almost everything Pakistan has to offer and a whole lot more than Pakistan does not have.

Old 06-15-2021, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
Getting the thread back on track, I think it's going to be difficult to attract western tourists to Pakistan for a number of reasons;
1) As an American, I would be wary of visiting a country that whether you want to admit it or not, still has a very substantial portion of its population that is anti West and sympathizes with Al Qaeda/Taliban/insert bad guy here. I still remember the attacks on the Sri Lankan cricket team, the bombs that nearly took out the New Zealand team. That was the end of international sport in Pakistan that is still not back to normal a decade later. The only muslim country I can think of that is successful with western tourism would be the UAE, and that country has a completely different way of life compared to Pakistan. Could Pakistan allow a city with the lifestyle, culture and mindset of Dubai to exist? I would suspect no.

2) India is next door. If I wanted to go to the subcontinent, India would win easily. It has way more tourist attractions, is not anti West, and obviously Islam is not the dominant religion. Yet India has probably more muslims than Pakistan, so you can get your fix of almost everything Pakistan has to offer and a whole lot more than Pakistan does not have.
First about the terrorist sympathizers. Pakistan doesn't have ISIS, thats Arab. Secondly, look at this

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...dain-for-isis/

if it was taliban, the majority of people who didnt know about ISIS majority of Pakistanis, would obviously say they hate them. They just didnt do a survey about that. Also, 2009-2014 Pakistan is a different world compared to 2021 Pakistan. Cricket has returned, due to the lack of terrorism in every province exept Balochistan which is controlled by terrorists even police cant do anything there you need an id to even visit as a tourist.

For the India next door point. Pakistans are more hospitable, and many youtubers have just gotten robbed in India, while the Pakistani hospitality due to lack of tourists is insane.

Also Pakistan has less percent of the population in extreme poverty (%12 compared to %25 in india) Pakistan is also less corrupt, even though both are much more corrupt than the west.

If you wanted to wash it down to a simple statement. I would say Pakistan is India's slightly better younger brother. Everything India has but more.

However, that wasn't even the point of this thread. The point was everyone lumping Pak with Iraq, AFG, Syria, etc. Its not at all like that as its a functioning country not a warzone. I got especially mad at the man who said he will visit India but never Pakistan, only because Pakistan has dominant religon of Islam.

FINAL POINT: Americans are ignorant regarding Pakistan and tend to think its a bastion of terrorist sympathizers and anti American people, while in reality it is no different from India and actually more clean, less poverty, and much much more hospitable (due to lack of tourism)

Old 06-15-2021, 03:59 PM

9,977 posts, read 5,675,804 times
^^ Look, you can argue until you're green in the face, but the simple matter is Pakistan has a long way to go to rehabilitate its unfavorable reputation -- one that was well-earned and not just a product of Western ignorance and bigotry. No foreigner has any obligation to visit or otherwise assist in that rehabilitation, and trying to shame and brow-beat us into doing so is counterproductive.

Old 06-15-2021, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
^^ Look, you can argue until you're green in the face, but the simple matter is Pakistan has a long way to go to rehabilitate its unfavorable reputation -- one that was well-earned and not just a product of Western ignorance and bigotry. No foreigner has any obligation to visit or otherwise assist in that rehabilitation, and trying to shame and brow-beat us into doing so is counterproductive.
It is literally just a product of American ignorance and bigotry. I know many Liberals who have gone with an open mind and enjoyed immensely. I also know many Canadians and British who have went and enjoyed. Coincidence or not, out of many who I have talked to it is always those who are Republican who have thoughts such as Pakistan is "Anti west" and full of terrorists. Come with an open mind and you will enjoy thats all I need to say.

Dont want to go? Ok fine! Not my problem, continue visiting India

Old 06-15-2021, 04:39 PM

9,977 posts, read 5,675,804 times
Quote:
It is literally just a product of American ignorance and bigotry.
No, it literally isn't. Nobody else wants to go there either.

Quote:
Dont want to go?
Not really, no.

Quote:
Ok fine! Not my problem, continue visiting India
I never gave any indication whether I've ever visited India or not, much less that I'd continue doing so. I don't know why you think inventing statements or conversations that never happened out of thin air is an effective persuasive technique, but it's not.

Old 06-15-2021, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
No, it literally isn't. Nobody else wants to go there either.

Not really, no.

I never gave any indication whether I've ever visited India or not, much less that I'd continue doing so. I don't know why you think inventing statements or conversations that never happened out of thin air is an effective persuasive technique, but it's not.
How is it being named top destinations then?

go with an open mind not your conservative American one. I asked you something. How is India any better?

If you say Oh, India is more open towards Americans, India is against anyone not a Hindu if you ever heard of Hindutva and what that group does to muslims, actually they just assaulted a muslim man recently, and shaved his beard off.

Old 06-15-2021, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post

"India is next door" Oh please, do you know what they are doing to gays in India right now??? how about to anyone not hindu? Do they like living there? ask or talk to a minority in India. I have talked to christians and sikhs in Pakistan who have no issues in Pak. Can't say the same about India. Do some research I beg you.

Pakistan is not anti west, and Isis isnt active in Pakistan. Terrorist activity does occur occasionally in places and the province you would never end up in, because it technically isnt part of Pak. Normal tourists cant enter it.

Almost like (not really though ) if I go to Camden NJ. It is nothing like the rest of the US and you probably wont end up there as a tourist.

all your claims are incorrect and based of views of most likely Indians or FOX news. the only claim that is correct is that Pak is a Muslim majority country. India does NOT have more tourist attractions, does not have WAY more muslims, maybe 1 million more but then look at the population of India.

As I conclude for the last time. Pakistan is extremely underrated, and this thread proves it more and more as random people keep saying "I'll pass" or "I wont be visiting"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia