Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2021, 08:50 AM

3,834 posts, read 4,439,529 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersWon310 View Post
Gwadar, Pakistan (Pak’s only middle eastern city) in some years will be like Dubai.
So here's the million dollar question; instead of trying to attract Americans why not go for those rich Arabs? Why is there not a booming tourism flow from the Middle East? They share a common religion, and are probably more similar to Pakistan in terms of culture (at least much more than the West), not to mention being located much closer as well. This is what I'm saying, you are reaching past ready made markets in India and the Middle East to come all the way to America to get tourists. Makes zero sense. Heck even China sends out hordes of tourists all over the world and they are definitely not going to Pakistan. The fact that Arabs, Iranians, Indians, Sri Lankans and Bangladeshis are not rushing to visit Pakistan should make it clear that you do not have a good tourist setup.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2021, 11:15 AM

51 posts, read 33,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
So here's the million dollar question; instead of trying to attract Americans why not go for those rich Arabs? Why is there not a booming tourism flow from the Middle East? They share a common religion, and are probably more similar to Pakistan in terms of culture (at least much more than the West), not to mention being located much closer as well. This is what I'm saying, you are reaching past ready made markets in India and the Middle East to come all the way to America to get tourists. Makes zero sense. Heck even China sends out hordes of tourists all over the world and they are definitely not going to Pakistan. The fact that Arabs, Iranians, Indians, Sri Lankans and Bangladeshis are not rushing to visit Pakistan should make it clear that you do not have a good tourist setup.

Sorry but thats wrong, how many Chinese visit each year do you know? 80,000-100,000, and the other countries you mentioned do have significant chunks of the population visiting for the natural beauty.

If you don't want to visit fine but don't lump in all these other countries with your thoughts thinking they aren't visiting ether. If I am going to be honest here, is mainly the conservatives who don't visit as they tend to have less of an "open mind" not to be offensive or anything but an open mind is what you need when visiting a place like Pakistan.

Old 06-16-2021, 11:26 AM

50,770 posts, read 24,277,952 times
https://www.hindustantimes.com/world...800726946.html

Note particularly the paragraph: "Pakistan is suffering from the worst form of corruption today," he said. "No act of posting or transferring someone these days is done without an element of corruption these days," added Shahbaz."

Old 06-16-2021, 11:28 AM

30,619 posts, read 18,203,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moviesandgames View Post
Sorry but thats wrong, how many Chinese visit each year do you know? 80,000-100,000, and the other countries you mentioned do have significant chunks of the population visiting for the natural beauty.

If you don't want to visit fine but don't lump in all these other countries with your thoughts thinking they aren't visiting ether. If I am going to be honest here, is mainly the conservatives who don't visit as they tend to have less of an "open mind" not to be offensive or anything but an open mind is what you need when visiting a place like Pakistan.
I'll just add that, considering that China sends out many millions of tourists overseas each year (Chinese tourists account for 140 million visits abroad each year)--67& of which are to locations in Asia--80,000 visiting Pakistan each year is not really significant. It's not even a drop in the bucket compared to the whole.

Old 06-16-2021, 11:28 AM

295 posts, read 355,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
You seem to want to turn this thread into a 'hate India' thread.

But here's what you need to understand -- you are not a good spokesperson for Pakistan.
This is another misleading statement. Pakistan desires peace. However, if india dares to touch Pakistan, it will pay a very heavy price.

Parts of Pakistan are extremely safe.

Old 06-16-2021, 11:29 AM

Quote:

Note particularly the paragraph: "Pakistan is suffering from the worst form of corruption today," he said. "No act of posting or transferring someone these days is done without an element of corruption these days," added Shahbaz."
Your source is a Indian source. When is the last time Indian media aka anti-Pakistan media ever said anything nice about Pak?

Old 06-16-2021, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
I'll just add that, considering that China sends out many millions of tourists overseas each year (Chinese tourists account for 140 million visits abroad each year)--67& of which are to locations in Asia--80,000 visiting Pakistan each year is not really significant. It's not even a drop in the bucket compared to the whole.
There are millions of tourists visiting Pak. As a matter of fact before PM Khan came into power, there wasn’t enough open hotel rooms in NorPak due to it being filled with western tourists.

Gwadar, when completely built, will become a major source for tourism in SoPak.

NorPak is short for Northern Pak. SoPak is short for Southern Pak.

Old 06-16-2021, 11:53 AM

51 posts, read 33,456 times
Quote:

Who is "He?"

I can say anything about muslims on my anti muslim website (If I had one, I don't) are you going to source it when talking about muslims?

please stop taking information about Pak from a Indian website as a source Now, I am going to use a reliable world corruption index for 2020 And on that the US is 25/180, UAE is 21/180 and Pakistan is 124/180 the same as Mexico. Corruption is a problem for sure, but its not the worst in terms of it.

Also Pakistan had a corrupt PM and he was removed asap. India has been having corruption in the govt for 20 years and still hasn't removed the corruption.

Old 06-16-2021, 12:19 PM

30,619 posts, read 18,203,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersWon310 View Post
There are millions of tourists visiting Pak. As a matter of fact before PM Khan came into power, there wasn’t enough open hotel rooms in NorPak due to it being filled with western tourists.

Gwadar, when completely built, will become a major source for tourism in SoPak.

NorPak is short for Northern Pak. SoPak is short for Southern Pak.
Oh, I'm aware that Pakistan gets somewhere north of 3 million tourists a year, which, while leaving much room to improve, is still nothing to make light of. My point concerned Chinese tourists only. Again, though, to be clear: Pakistan can improve its tourism numbers and there is much to improve. I second biafra4life by suggesting that Pakistan go after wealthy Asians in the region instead of appealing to westerners.

Old 06-16-2021, 12:54 PM

50,770 posts, read 24,277,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moviesandgames View Post
Who is "He?"

I can say anything about muslims on my anti muslim website (If I had one, I don't) are you going to source it when talking about muslims?

please stop taking information about Pak from a Indian website as a source Now, I am going to use a reliable world corruption index for 2020 And on that the US is 25/180, UAE is 21/180 and Pakistan is 124/180 the same as Mexico. Corruption is a problem for sure, but its not the worst in terms of it.

Also Pakistan had a corrupt PM and he was removed asap. India has been having corruption in the govt for 20 years and still hasn't removed the corruption.
I have very strong doubts that you have absolute freedom of the press in Pakistan (LOL), so I doubt we would read accurate accounts from Pakistani news sources.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia