Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2022, 07:03 AM

9,495 posts, read 9,811,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
This escaped me.... I was focused on the 10 car at SHR. makes complete sense! With the way Custer has been running ... This seems like a no brainer, Done! Again the only caveat ... how well can Busch and Harvick play together, does Harvick stay with organization in some capacity when he hangs up his helmet ?
Harvick will have a say. Can there be two big dogs? Or can Tony reign them both in, right the ship and start challenging for a championship next year? That is the question I suppose.

Between Tony, Kevin and Kyle, you have three of the biggest, strongest-willed personalities in NASCAR.

Another is Ford. We all know that Ford is probably not quite where they want to be yet in contending for a championship. Penske has the edge right now in the Ford camp. I think SHR is about to turn things around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2022, 07:34 AM

9,890 posts, read 10,821,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Harvick will have a say. Can there be two big dogs? Or can Tony reign them both in, right the ship and start challenging for a championship next year? That is the question I suppose.

Between Tony, Kevin and Kyle, you have three of the biggest, strongest-willed personalities in NASCAR.

Another is Ford. We all know that Ford is probably not quite where they want to be yet in contending for a championship. Penske has the edge right now in the Ford camp. I think SHR is about to turn things around.
Yeah, there is another obstacle I thought about and that is Kyles truck team being with Toyota... its one thing him to sit in a ford instead of a Toyota but changing manufactures for the whole company, thats huge.

Here is my prognosis for today... This concussion deal with Kurt is the beginning of the end, he decided he's too old and taken enough hits to the head ala Dale Jr. That opens up his seat and Kyle can still stay with Toyota and Gibbs in effect and as I posted earlier, between Gibbs, Jordan, Toyota and whatever sponsor money they get they can swing Kyles hefty salary.

I do still get a little bit of a kick out of the fact that Kyle, believing he is the best driver to ever put on a fire suit has nobody willing to pay him what he thinks he's worth.

Old 07-28-2022, 03:47 PM

5,717 posts, read 4,686,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 Acres View Post
Whatever your opinion of him is, the man is right.
Uh no, you agree with his opinion. But his opinion is the reason he can’t find a job in NASCAR.

Sure, NASCAR threw a race so Bill Elliot’s kid could get another win. Idiotic.

Old 07-29-2022, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Yeah, there is another obstacle I thought about and that is Kyles truck team being with Toyota... its one thing him to sit in a ford instead of a Toyota but changing manufactures for the whole company, thats huge.

Here is my prognosis for today... This concussion deal with Kurt is the beginning of the end, he decided he's too old and taken enough hits to the head ala Dale Jr. That opens up his seat and Kyle can still stay with Toyota and Gibbs in effect and as I posted earlier, between Gibbs, Jordan, Toyota and whatever sponsor money they get they can swing Kyles hefty salary.

I do still get a little bit of a kick out of the fact that Kyle, believing he is the best driver to ever put on a fire suit has nobody willing to pay him what he thinks he's worth.
Kurt is out again this Sunday, Ty Gibbs will fill in.

Dale Jr thinks that Kurt could be out at least 3 races. Kurt is 14th in points now, dropping considerably since last week. After Indy, most likely he'll be on the outside looking in. He may also be out for Michigan, that leaves him just 3 races to climb back in. The odds are against him.

Old 07-29-2022, 07:31 AM

9,890 posts, read 10,821,477 times
Camping World Pulling out of NASCAR
https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/...526f6e5bf5a7e3

Old 07-29-2022, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Kurt is out again this Sunday, Ty Gibbs will fill in.

Dale Jr thinks that Kurt could be out at least 3 races. Kurt is 14th in points now, dropping considerably since last week. After Indy, most likely he'll be on the outside looking in. He may also be out for Michigan, that leaves him just 3 races to climb back in. The odds are against him.
NASCAR has given him a waiver. He has a win and is certainly locked into 30th or better. He’s roughly 200 points ahead of 30th.

Old 07-29-2022, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
NASCAR has given him a waiver. He has a win and is certainly locked into 30th or better. He’s roughly 200 points ahead of 30th.
Yes, was aware of that. Competition officials announced that Busch will be granted a postseason waiver upon his return, if he meets all other criteria for Cup Series Playoffs eligibility.

Kurt is currently 14th in the standings with 485 points and one win. He has Truex, Blaney and Harvick nipping at his heels, all with more points than Kurt. All three of those guys could win over the next 5 races.

Here is the rule:

Quote:
To be eligible to compete in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup, drivers must start each race for which they have qualified, unless the sanctioning body finds reason to waive that requirement.

Under the current provision, drivers still must attempt to qualify for each race, but they also must start every race for which they qualify successfully, unless NASCAR authorizes otherwise. A driver does not lose Chase eligibility for attempting to qualify for a race and failing to make the field.
The waiver, overrules that Kurt needs to QUALIFY and START each race of the regular season. But if he falls out due to points, then he's out. NASCAR is not going to have 17 in the playoffs. Remember Jeff Gordon? That didn't go over well. It really isn't fair to the other drivers. What if he's out 5 more races, does NASCAR allow him to come in at 2 or 3 races into the Chase?

We are all sympathetic to Kurt and his injury, but those are the breaks of racing. Of course he could come back and win another race before regular season ends. I wouldn't put money on that.

Last edited by USNRET04; 07-29-2022 at 09:51 AM..

Old 07-29-2022, 11:51 AM

Strange that people keep saying that, but non of those 3 has won yet. Blaney and Truex have been snakebit, and Harvick’s cars have just been not good enough. Plus Truex and Blaney are currently part of the top 16. So all 3 would have to win.

Old 07-29-2022, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mg View Post
Strange that people keep saying that, but non of those 3 has won yet. Blaney and Truex have been snakebit, and Harvick’s cars have just been not good enough. Plus Truex and Blaney are currently part of the top 16. So all 3 would have to win.
I agree, but the pressure is ratcheting up. If Truex does retire next year, what are his chances of really making the Chase next year?

Harvick is seeing the writing on the wall. If Kyle Busch moves to the 41 car, chemistry might be disrupted for a while at SHR.

Blaney just needs a bit more luck, he's got the car and talent.

I hope Kurt can hang in there, but you never know.

Old 07-29-2022, 02:52 PM

I don’t see KB at SHR, but who knows. Tony would probably want to choke him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing