Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2022, 09:33 AM

27,955 posts, read 39,835,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wileykid View Post
The airplane N number only needed to be 2" if the plane still had its paint job from prior to 1981. If the airplane is repainted after that year, yes, must be 12" or larger (FAR 45.29).

I think I have seen a picture of the rear of the aircraft with proper markings, just no desire to search for it now, and provide more clicks to his site.
Here is the registration information on the aircraft. Way to ruin a beautiful aircraft.

https://registry.faa.gov/AircraftInq...mberTxt=N29508
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2022, 10:41 AM

24,326 posts, read 13,182,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Here is the registration information on the aircraft. Way to ruin a beautiful aircraft.

My sentiments as well. With all of the video on the aircraft suggesting otherwise, if this wasn't staged, well...

If this turns out to be an elaborate way to get attention and likes/clicks, I sincerely hope every agency, municipality and jurisdiction affected takes turns hanging him by the thumbs; his lack of brains and his disregard for others could have gotten a structure or someone on the ground damaged, injured, or worse.

When I flew F-16s (single engine, higher risk), and before that OV-10s and A-10s (twins, lower risk, but underpowered), there was always the possibility of having to jump out of the aircraft, i.e. "giving the jet back to the taxpayers", due to a major aircraft failure, and collectively one of our greatest concerns was where that jet goes once the pilot departs the aircraft. In the case of this incident, it's isolated. Low risk. Sometimes that risk is SERIOUSLY elevated. Like Fort Worth in September. Or Pensacola nearly 30 years ago. The isolated nature of the Taylorcraft crash strongly suggests that some sort of risk analysis was conducted... but why wreck a legendary antique aircraft?

Old 01-01-2022, 04:06 PM

966 posts, read 1,351,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Brian Laundrie has been located. lol

Some thoughts:

1. Good landing spot at 5:08

2. Always stay with the plane (easier to be found)

3. Make sure ELT has activated (Emergency Locator Transmitter)

4. No N-number displayed on fuselage. It should be 12" tall.
there are exceptions to the N number size, my plane has 4in numbers,

this guy should be thrown into the side of a mountain for what he did to a classic aircraft.

Old 01-01-2022, 06:16 PM

2,161 posts, read 1,159,128 times
At first I thought it could be real, though super disrespectful, because it was supposed to be about spreading partial ashes of a friend. But after reading a bunch of comments I'm now suspicious.

I really hate that such a cool, old plane was destroyed.

Old 01-01-2022, 07:21 PM

27,955 posts, read 39,835,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vabeachgirlNYC View Post
At first I thought it could be real, though super disrespectful, because it was supposed to be about spreading partial ashes of a friend. But after reading a bunch of comments I'm now suspicious.

I really hate that such a cool, old plane was destroyed.
If someone is going to spread my ashes, please do not use a sandwich bag.

Old 01-01-2022, 07:27 PM

10,512 posts, read 5,182,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SluggoF16 View Post
... The isolated nature of the Taylorcraft crash strongly suggests that some sort of risk analysis was conducted... but why wreck a legendary antique aircraft?
Insurance fraud?

Old 01-01-2022, 07:41 PM

2,161 posts, read 1,159,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
If someone is going to spread my ashes, please do not use a sandwich bag.
Right?

Old 01-02-2022, 12:30 AM

7,992 posts, read 5,403,009 times
So he just happened to have on a parachute and someone just happened to be filming it?

Old 01-02-2022, 01:08 AM

23,895 posts, read 33,644,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wankel7 View Post
I'm sure you all remember this one...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ilmed-n1045206

Thanks, I googled it, it happened in 2019. I'm not seeing that it's been determined to be staged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiGi603 View Post
So he just happened to have on a parachute and someone just happened to be filming it?

I thought the same thing, that something wasn't right because there's video from outside of the plane. After watching it again, it appears he had at least 2 cameras attached to the plane, one mounted on the back, another on the wing. Now I'm curious if the cameras were always mounted there.

It sure looks like it could be staged, hopefully someone will catch what comes of the investigation to update this thread. The video does say he reported it.

I searched google, not surprised the FAA got pounded with people around the world also reporting it, unfortunately, none say that he had already contacted them.

Old 01-02-2022, 07:33 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,489,236 times
Fake. There's no reason for the cameras attached to the tail and wing of the plane unless placed there to capture the crash.

Also, the filming was perfect from the cockpit until the engine stopped. After that,.... oh, the drama!!!

Last edited by Javacoffee; 01-02-2022 at 07:44 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation