Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2022, 08:03 AM

9,576 posts, read 7,323,454 times

Advertisements

It will never surprise me to what lengths people will go to, in order to get likes/views and have a video go "viral"!

I can only think he thought that the FAA wouldn't care and really go after him, and I guess he still might just get a slap on the wrist and get to keep all that Google AdSense revenue he made off the video.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2022, 08:05 AM

3,377 posts, read 9,203,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Thanks, I googled it, it happened in 2019. I'm not seeing that it's been determined to be staged.
It's David Lesh. That's pretty much all that needs to be said.

Old 01-02-2022, 08:13 AM

23,861 posts, read 33,523,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Fake. There's no reason for the cameras attached to the tail and wing of the plane unless placed there to capture the crash.

Also, the filming was perfect from the cockpit until the engine stopped. After that,.... oh, the drama!!!

I agree, that's why I said, unless he always has cameras attached to the outside. I also don't see why anyone would have them unless they want to film a crash if it were to happen...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wankel7 View Post
It's David Lesh. That's pretty much all that needs to be said.

I'm not familiar with him but I did see that he likes to get in trouble because it brings more people to his channel. Bad publicity is still publicity he's said.

Old 01-02-2022, 08:23 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,466,846 times
I also noticed what I can't explain. After the engine stalled and he jumped out of the aircraft, the camera later showed the propellers spinning.

Would the wind do that?

Old 01-02-2022, 08:29 AM

966 posts, read 1,344,424 times
Quote:
I also noticed what I can't explain. After the engine stalled and he jumped out of the aircraft, the camera later showed the propellers spinning.

Would the wind do that?
A propeller is nothing more than a rotating wing, so yes, if there is enough air over the prop, it will turn

Old 01-02-2022, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
If someone is going to spread my ashes, please do not use a sandwich bag.
I used a drier duct, one end outside the plane, pour the ashes in and they are sucked out, and no Fred or George floating around the cabin

Old 01-02-2022, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Fake. There's no reason for the cameras attached to the tail and wing of the plane unless placed there to capture the crash.

Also, the filming was perfect from the cockpit until the engine stopped. After that,.... oh, the drama!!!
I have mounted GoPro cameras on the wing and tail of my plane, makes for some nice video
Attached Thumbnails
"I Crashed My Plane" Goes Viral.  Questions Abound.-screenshot-57-.png   "I Crashed My Plane" Goes Viral.  Questions Abound.-screenshot-63-.png  

Old 01-02-2022, 09:24 AM

24,279 posts, read 13,132,107 times
Quote:
My BIL has an early 1970s 210, and has mounted a pair of brackets for a small GoPro on the wings. It is, as posted above, nothing new.

Now, the wearing of a parachute... how fortunate he had one that ride. That reeks of fraud.

Old 01-02-2022, 09:48 AM

529 posts, read 490,098 times
This will be interesting. The problem is, even though everything screams that this event was intentional, the video doesn't look like it has enough evidence to prove it. He only needs to deny everything. The investigation could come up with some tangible evidence, hopefully. The FAA can fine the guy, and/or take his license away. Also they can order a retest of his license. Anything else as far as criminal that they may be able to prove, will be forwarded to the local law enforcement, or the DOJ. This occurring in California, the laws on the books in the state basically says that if you violate a FAR, you violate the state law.

The Forest service will make sure the knucklehead or insurance company cleans up the site to as clean, or cleaner than prior to the crash.

Last edited by Wileykid; 01-02-2022 at 09:59 AM..

Old 01-02-2022, 10:44 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,466,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SluggoF16 View Post
My BIL has an early 1970s 210, and has mounted a pair of brackets for a small GoPro on the wings. It is, as posted above, nothing new.

Now, the wearing of a parachute... how fortunate he had one that ride. That reeks of fraud.
LOL. That seems perfectly normal to me. Why would anyone fly without a parachute? I surely wouldn't!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation