Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2023, 03:03 PM

7,429 posts, read 4,672,937 times

Advertisements

Porzingis was coming off ACL tear rehab when he joined Mavs. Aside from the physical recovery, it's different per player the mental recovery from it.

I really would have liked to see Kristaps and Luka grow together as teammates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2023, 04:20 PM

1,085 posts, read 441,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
L.A. has the advantage in that. Perhaps Miami or Phoenix to some extent. The Nets were able to get Kyrie and KD but it got them nowhere. And the NY teams have been among the worst for 25 years. NY should have good teams but management has been an ongoing issue.

But outside of those places no NBA player is demanding to go anywhere else. KD went to the Warriors but that was to get easy rings. He was gone after that. Dallas is in the same boat with 24 or so other teams. Even legendary Jerry West went to Memphis and could not reel in superstars. Everyone else has to build through the draft.
Even your thread topic is talking about the mavs fear luka demanding a trade out of dallas. Thats the real reality. Kobe demanded to be with the lakers before he was drafted. Very few players demand to be traded out of la.

Many teams including the mavs must draft right for years, trade for future firsts, and have a elite management team to have a shot of 1 championship. The big market teams who get players, like ny with carmelo, their management messed up.

Old 04-10-2023, 04:26 PM

3,429 posts, read 1,558,536 times
The guy may be a scoring fiend, but his defense sucks (which is why he'll never be compared with the greatest players of the game). Maybe Dallas shouldn't be fearful and see about trading him and rebuilding.

Old 04-10-2023, 05:49 PM

30,141 posts, read 11,765,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by accord2008 View Post
Even your thread topic is talking about the mavs fear luka demanding a trade out of dallas. Thats the real reality. Kobe demanded to be with the lakers before he was drafted. Very few players demand to be traded out of la.

Many teams including the mavs must draft right for years, trade for future firsts, and have a elite management team to have a shot of 1 championship. The big market teams who get players, like ny with carmelo, their management messed up.
Its a rumor that the Mavs may think Luka will just want to go to a team built to win now, not fact. Kobe wanted to leave the Lakers at one point. Shaq wanted out. KD, Kyrie and Harden all wanted out of Brooklyn. If push comes to shove we will see what happens. Dallas has a year to figure it out. And they have a lot to figure out.

I get LA and NY are better destinations that Dallas. But same could be said about pretty much all the other cities that have teams. That was my point. Dallas is not a bad destination its just not LA or NY. Neither is Memphis, Portland, OKC or pretty much all the other cities.

Old 04-10-2023, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Its a rumor that the Mavs may think Luka will just want to go to a team built to win now, not fact. Kobe wanted to leave the Lakers at one point. Shaq wanted out. KD, Kyrie and Harden all wanted out of Brooklyn. If push comes to shove we will see what happens. Dallas has a year to figure it out. And they have a lot to figure out.

I get LA and NY are better destinations that Dallas. But same could be said about pretty much all the other cities that have teams. That was my point. Dallas is not a bad destination its just not LA or NY. Neither is Memphis, Portland, OKC or pretty much all the other cities.
Yeah those players wanted out of the situation, not city. Kobe wasnt winning with a bunch of scrubs, shaq wanted to get paid but was aging, kd wants to win but with only ben simmons on the team thats not going to happen. Kyrie was a headcase and needed a new start.

Out of both la and ny teams, golden state is still up there. San Francisco is a great place to live if you have money. Miami has beaches, nightlife, women. Orlando has beaches and short distance to miami.

Old 04-10-2023, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Yeah those players wanted out of the situation, not city. Kobe wasnt winning with a bunch of scrubs, shaq wanted to get paid but was aging, kd wants to win but with only ben simmons on the team thats not going to happen. Kyrie was a headcase and needed a new start.

Out of both la and ny teams, golden state is still up there. San Francisco is a great place to live if you have money. Miami has beaches, nightlife, women. Orlando has beaches and short distance to miami.
I guess I am trying to say there are lots of factors that are involved in where players want to play. We will have to see what happens with Luka.

The Warriors got lucky in drafting Curry, Thompson and Green. Really the franchise struggled before that. SF is nice but its not like L.A. The beaches are cold. And it does not have the L.A. night life. How many players have off season homes there outside of Warrior players? My guess is the Warriors franchise will go back to being bad like the Bulls did.

Old 04-11-2023, 03:02 PM

14,668 posts, read 14,631,326 times
Quote:
I guess I am trying to say there are lots of factors that are involved in where players want to play. We will have to see what happens with Luka.

The Warriors got lucky in drafting Curry, Thompson and Green. Really the franchise struggled before that. SF is nice but its not like L.A. The beaches are cold. And it does not have the L.A. night life. How many players have off season homes there outside of Warrior players? My guess is the Warriors franchise will go back to being bad like the Bulls did.
Did they get lucky with Poole and Kuminga too, or do they have a culture of spotting underrated talent and developing it? I think they’ll be more like Miami than Chicago. The Bulls ran Phil Jackson out of town which was their downfall. Miami has beaches but it also has Pat Riley. As long as Lacob & Kerr are still in SF, it will be attractive to a lot of players.

Old 04-11-2023, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Did they get lucky with Poole and Kuminga too, or do they have a culture of spotting underrated talent and developing it? I think they’ll be more like Miami than Chicago. The Bulls ran Phil Jackson out of town which was their downfall. Miami has beaches but it also has Pat Riley. As long as Lacob & Kerr are still in SF, it will be attractive to a lot of players.
Larry Riley was the GM who drafted Curry, Thompson. Then Bob Myers took over. I believe he was responsible for Green and the younger players. Myers is rumored to be heading to the Clippers.

The two GM's did a good job picking talent. What happens going forward if Myers leaves, who knows. Lacob is good at spending money and Kerr coaching. But someone has to pick the talent.

Last edited by Oklazona Bound; 04-11-2023 at 03:59 PM..

Old 04-11-2023, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Larry Riley was the GM who drafted Curry, Thompson. Then Bob Myers took over. I believe he was responsible for Green and the younger players. Myers is rumored to be heading to the Clippers.

The two GM's did a good job picking talent. What happens going forward if Myers leaves, who knows. Lacob is good at spending money and Kerr coaching. But someone has to pick the talent.
Its over for the Warriors after this season. Poole is very good player but his size is a issue as a sg. Kuminga might or might not get the flow of the game right in the future. The rest of the youngsters had some promise but it doesn't look like it anymore. Klay and steph will continue to get paid while getting close to retirement and they will still be allowed to take as many shots as they want to set shooting records. Green will not get paid for the past, he is the third wheel that was great, but his technical fouls and personality issues cost him money in the later years of his career. Warriors would have won against Cleveland had he not got suspended for game 5, and he made kd leave, punched jordan poole.

Old 04-11-2023, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Its over for the Warriors after this season. Poole is very good player but his size is a issue as a sg. Kuminga might or might not get the flow of the game right in the future. The rest of the youngsters had some promise but it doesn't look like it anymore. Klay and steph will continue to get paid while getting close to retirement and they will still be allowed to take as many shots as they want to set shooting records. Green will not get paid for the past, he is the third wheel that was great, but his technical fouls and personality issues cost him money in the later years of his career. Warriors would have won against Cleveland had he not got suspended for game 5, and he made kd leave, punched jordan poole.
I agree. Assuming they are really just a 5 seed and will lose in the 2nd round if not the 1st. But if they somehow flip a switch and end up in at least the WCF. They might be tough next year. I think it will be an odd year. Where 4-7 in the west might be the best teams.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball