Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2023, 07:03 AM

4,044 posts, read 2,393,458 times

Advertisements

Well, at least the Lakers held up their end of the bargain. The Knicks not so much. I am picking the Lakers in seven. It's going to be (warning: cliché alert) a dog fight!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2023, 07:09 AM

1,127 posts, read 463,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I am just looking at the numbers. His block shot numbers in the playoffs have been off the charts. His rebounding numbers are the best of his career. So whether is less athletic or not, that is your take. He is getting the job done so not sure your point. He is motivated right now. Last two years he was not. He wanted a title in 2020. He got it and combined with injuries he had a lousy 2 seasons. Now he seems to have a chip on his shoulder getting snubbed in the end of season awards. Jokic will be a big challenge.

NBA playoffs 2023: 3 best defenders in postseason so far
He better be consistent throughout the playoffs. Each game he is not, on sportscenter he is grilled on not stepping up. He has been on and off, and on those great games they won. I would take a 27 year old ad vs 30 year old ad now. Jokic is 28 but his game is not relied on athleticism.

Old 05-15-2023, 08:42 AM

30,262 posts, read 11,884,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by accord2008 View Post
He better be consistent throughout the playoffs. Each game he is not, on sportscenter he is grilled on not stepping up. He has been on and off, and on those great games they won. I would take a 27 year old ad vs 30 year old ad now. Jokic is 28 but his game is not relied on athleticism.
That is why they play the games and predictions don't mean much. Lakers and Heat are in the conference finals. Both have been underdogs in each series.

Old 05-15-2023, 02:49 PM

209 posts, read 151,069 times
As a lifelong Nuggets fan, I'm always prepared to be disappointed. But I really feel like this could be our year. I'll take the Nuggets in 6. I would imagine that Gordon will be on Lebron, so that will be fun to watch. AD vs. Jokic will be great as well. I just feel like the Nuggets have a lot more scores available to balance things out for them, but we'll see. Should be fun!

Old 05-15-2023, 04:47 PM

6,516 posts, read 7,572,796 times
How lame, Lakers VS Nuggets will be televised by ESPN/ABC in the US and not by TNT.
Instead, TNT has the Eastern Conf Finals.

Old 05-15-2023, 11:48 PM

33,323 posts, read 12,609,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Game one in 2020 which was in L.A.

Jokic 21 pts 6 reb 2 ast
AD 37 pts 10 reb 4 ast

Jokic had better games after that. Denver was coming off a grueling 7 game series against the Clippers and I think he was tired in game one. The Lakers have to get 4 good games out of AD in a series. He is going to have at least a couple bad ones and those will be loses. He was motivated against JJJ and outplayed him. I think he will be motivated against Jokic.
Were only the finals 'in the bubble' ?

Old 05-16-2023, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Were only the finals 'in the bubble' ?
It was all in the bubble of course.

Old 05-16-2023, 06:13 PM

1,338 posts, read 2,030,104 times
Against my best wishes, I'll pick the Nuggets in 7. I think the Lakers can will each game at home, but that won't be enough.

All of the Nuggets main players (top 3 or 4 at least) are in their prime, no old guys who's best is behind them and no young guys who would be afraid of the moment. That makes them scary.

Old 05-16-2023, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subPrimeTime View Post
Against my best wishes, I'll pick the Nuggets in 7. I think the Lakers can will each game at home, but that won't be enough.

All of the Nuggets main players (top 3 or 4 at least) are in their prime, no old guys who's best is behind them and no young guys who would be afraid of the moment. That makes them scary.
Besides LeBron who is still capable of scoring close to 30 a game are the old guys on the Lakers? They got rid of all of them.

Old 05-16-2023, 08:50 PM

3,858 posts, read 4,460,856 times
Jokic not playing no games today. He obviously made up his mind that he was going to crush LA's spirit right from the start.

Have to smile at Denver coach Mick Malone who clearly idolizes Bill Belichick. I specifically remember him going on and on with a sad face before the game saying that Jamal Murray was questionable for this game. Love the mind tricks straight out of the New England play book.
At the same time, AD is doing pretty much what he had to do to give LA a chance, and it's just not enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball