Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2023, 11:44 AM

8,363 posts, read 2,986,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by H8t3rs View Post
Lakers are done
No chance they will win 4 out or the next 5. So going against Boston or Miami will bring a new challenge but I can’t see anyone stopping Denver.

Been a watching the NBA since the mid 70’s and don’t much like the style of play anymore with all this focus on shooting 3’s but have never seen anything like Jokic.

There is no way he shouldn’t be a 3 time MVP right now. Fat and away better stats then Embid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2023, 02:16 PM

32,151 posts, read 34,822,702 times
Usually when Lebron loses people say it's because he doesn't have any help, but in this series he has been getting lots of help.

Old 05-19-2023, 05:31 PM

30,253 posts, read 11,879,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
No chance they will win 4 out or the next 5. So going against Boston or Miami will bring a new challenge but I can’t see anyone stopping Denver.

Been a watching the NBA since the mid 70’s and don’t much like the style of play anymore with all this focus on shooting 3’s but have never seen anything like Jokic.

There is no way he shouldn’t be a 3 time MVP right now. Fat and away better stats then Embid.

The chatter was against giving a 3rd MVP in a row to someone who has never even made the finals. Yes great stats. But 3 in a row puts him in very rare air. Last time Larry Bird.

Old 05-19-2023, 09:33 PM

14,720 posts, read 14,695,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
The chatter was against giving a 3rd MVP in a row to someone who has never even made the finals. Yes great stats. But 3 in a row puts him in very rare air. Last time Larry Bird.
Same reason you’ll never see another one for Giannis or Curry. It’s become a Lifetime Achievement Award for whoever hasn’t gotten it yet. Now Embiid can go file his with the rest of the bloated stat-makers who flop every playoffs like Harden & Westbrook.

Old 05-20-2023, 09:09 PM

18,064 posts, read 27,523,270 times
Nuggets win 119-108.

I've been smoking a brisket, so I'm gonna fire up the ABC and watch a bit of the end of that game.

Old 05-20-2023, 09:53 PM

3,858 posts, read 4,458,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Nuggets win 119-108.

I've been smoking a brisket, so I'm gonna fire up the ABC and watch a bit of the end of that game.
Well good for Denver. They’ve been overlooked and ignored by most for decades (including myself in that group as well), good to see them getting their shine. Although the NBA will effectively watch the Finals revenue drop by 50% by having the Nuggets and not LA. Not Denver’s problem though. Jokic can do like Giannis, lose out on the regular season MVP and bag a Finals MVP instead. If this version of Murray is here to stay then Denver finally has a second option when Jokic doesn’t have it, which had always been the big problem for them, no one else to step up. Hope it works out.

Old 05-20-2023, 11:13 PM

18,064 posts, read 27,523,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
Jokic can do like Giannis, lose out on the regular season MVP and bag a Finals MVP instead. If this version of Murray is here to stay then Denver finally has a second option when Jokic doesn’t have it, ...
A nice problem to have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
Although the NBA will effectively watch the Finals revenue drop by 50% by having the Nuggets and not LA.
My heart bleeds peanut-butter for the NBA.

Old 05-21-2023, 12:35 AM

13,627 posts, read 4,341,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Usually when Lebron loses people say it's because he doesn't have any help, but in this series he has been getting lots of help.

What game were you watching? D Russell is throwing bricks. 1/8 with 20 minutes and just 3 pts. Schroder 2/5 in 25 minutes just 5 points. Vanderbilt 1/4 with 2 points.

That's 4/17 from them. That's the game. Denver's shooters are getting the job done while the Lakers shooters are not. Russell/Schroder/Vanderbilt can't go 4/17 against Denver and just score 10 points between them in 4 quarters.

Add the Lakers bench are not playing well for the exception of Hachimura. Also add the coaching from the Lakers is horrible. D LO is throwing bricks and causing turnovers and Ham kept putting him on the floor. He shouldn't start.

Old 05-21-2023, 01:32 AM

1,127 posts, read 462,891 times
Lakers must sweep the nuggets to go to the finals. They will suffer for years without those picks and lebron declining after the trades. They dont have cap space either.

Old 05-21-2023, 05:29 AM

2,288 posts, read 1,592,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post

Agreed.

Same as me but around 78'. My gripes about today's game.
- I can't believe how many layups teams allow. In the 80s and 90s there was more defense.
- This switching defense is terrible. If you]re an elite defender you stay on your man.
- A step-back 3 pre-2010 is a travel period. Now some even get away with 3 steps on a 3-pt shot. It's ridiculous.

Fans have to understand. Any star player at age 36+ becomes more inconsistent, less physical, less efficient and isn't able to bring it every night. LeBron isn't inhuman. He has been in decline since age 35 with little injuries.
DeAngelo; Fans should have known who he really is. Vanderbilt was never great defender. Why the media chose to embellish facts about DeAngelo or Vanderbilt is beyond me.

Murray is no surprise if you recall what he did in the bubble. He was out for more than a year, like Klay. Jamal and Spider Mitchell had some amazing point totals in those games.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball