Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2023, 07:32 AM

4,665 posts, read 3,859,819 times

Advertisements

Funny thing is I can still see the Heat winning this for some reason. Brogdon is out, Brown is injured.

I don't know what it is with the Celtics & game 7s. Last year in the playoffs it was against the Bucks & Heat. This year against the 76ers & Heat. Four game 7s in only 2 years. They won them all so they're probably feeling confident. Heat players likely just faced the most stinging loss in their lives & want nothing more than to get redemption. Game 7 will be must watch TV.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2023, 07:43 AM

1,329 posts, read 2,627,878 times
I had to watch the replay of the last 1:30 a couple of times this morning because I am still in shock.

I am hoping the C's don't ride the wave of emotion too long, because they've gotta be ready for G7.

Old 05-28-2023, 08:47 AM

30,141 posts, read 11,770,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
Funny thing is I can still see the Heat winning this for some reason. Brogdon is out, Brown is injured.

I don't know what it is with the Celtics & game 7s. Last year in the playoffs it was against the Bucks & Heat. This year against the 76ers & Heat. Four game 7s in only 2 years. They won them all so they're probably feeling confident. Heat players likely just faced the most stinging loss in their lives & want nothing more than to get redemption. Game 7 will be must watch TV.

That is the problem when you end up playing a bunch of extra games because you lose too many you should win. Past two years its like an extra series. And the more games you play the more injuries will pile up. Denver has played 15 while Boston after tomorrow will have played 20. Miami is at 20 if you count the two play-in games.

Old 05-28-2023, 12:04 PM

2,281 posts, read 1,581,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
That is the problem when you end up playing a bunch of extra games because you lose too many you should win. Past two years its like an extra series. And the more games you play the more injuries will pile up. Denver has played 15 while Boston after tomorrow will have played 20. Miami is at 20 if you count the two play-in games.
They should not have lost as many regular season games then they would not have been in the play-in.
It's their fault.
It gives coaches another bad justification to rest players during the reg. season.

Old 05-28-2023, 12:08 PM

4,665 posts, read 3,859,819 times
For what it's worth, the Heats record would have landed them in 5th place in the West this season & only 1 game behind the #4 seed.

Old 05-28-2023, 12:26 PM

1,088 posts, read 442,468 times
Quote:
For what it's worth, the Heats record would have landed them in 5th place in the West this season & only 1 game behind the #4 seed.
Yeah sometimes i think they should do the whole nba, 1 st seed plays 16, 2 plays 15, 3 plays 14, etc. Its not fair to teams if their conference is so strong, like the west in the late 90s to 2000s, and the east was so weak that any average team will make it to the playoffs

Old 05-28-2023, 04:01 PM

30,141 posts, read 11,770,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankrj View Post
They should not have lost as many regular season games then they would not have been in the play-in.
It's their fault.
It gives coaches another bad justification to rest players during the reg. season.

They are in the ECF one game from the finals. It all seemed to work out.

Old 05-28-2023, 06:39 PM

10,546 posts, read 7,739,679 times
Quote:

The Celtics are so difficult to gauge. IMO, they are clearly the better team but I have zero confidence in them winning game 7.

Old 05-29-2023, 10:59 AM

26,209 posts, read 49,017,880 times
Article in the NY Times today, in their "Athletic" section tells how the players turned things around by taking a day off and going on a group golf outing. Sounds to me like they simply said something along the lines of "screw it all, let's go have some fun with all this crap."

Excerpts: "Horford told Mazzulla to ditch the film session, organizing a team trip to Topgolf instead. They needed to have fun with each other and feel the joy again. “We completely skipped film,” Grant Williams told The Athletic. “We kept basketball away and we just focused on each other and getting that camaraderie and team back. We disconnected from the actual pressures and we were able to just enjoy one another. We’ve done movies before, we’ve done dinners. But that was our first time doing something active like that. Then we hit the film the next day.” The irony was that Horford shanked just about every shot he took. Jaylen Brown called this a crucial moment but told The Athletic he couldn’t hit anything straight either. . . . It didn’t matter. After all of these struggles on the basketball court, messing around in another sport together was all they needed to get their minds right. “For me at the end of the day, I guess what I can tell you is that our connection with this group goes beyond the court. It’s more on a human level, right?” Horford told The Athletic. “Like friendships, bonds that we’ve built here. Over basketball, I want to make sure that everybody is good and I think sometimes we get so caught up in everything that goes on in our business, you know, it’s expected, it’s our jobs, right? But at the same time, you have to have that perspective.”

So, they got their groove back, got their mojo working, got the good juju flowing again, jobu is in the house and tonight we'll see if they can pull off a miracle comeback.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 05-29-2023, 12:46 PM

11,198 posts, read 9,077,806 times
i wonder what the last meal is for both teams..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball