Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2022, 06:42 PM

3,970 posts, read 5,762,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
Assaults and robberies up in transit systems in pretty much all major cities. New York and Chicago have witnessed crazy things the past few months even at stations that never saw much crime before. Let's hope we don't end up back in the 70's when the need to carry mace on the subway and actually use it was not unheard of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2022, 07:03 PM

On a related note, tomorrow will be the final day the T's trackless trolleys will run. It will for sure be the end of an era .

https://wbznewsradio.iheart.com/cont...-this-weekend/

This to me is the latest example of the T trying to fix something that isn't broken . It's one thing temporarily taking down the wires to accommodate a street improvement project, it's another permanently dismantling the whole system and replacing it with an experiment that might not come out the way they wanted it.

Old 03-12-2022, 09:23 AM

21,628 posts, read 12,718,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Peasant View Post
Assaults and robberies up in transit systems in pretty much all major cities. New York and Chicago have witnessed crazy things the past few months even at stations that never saw much crime before. Let's hope we don't end up back in the 70's when the need to carry mace on the subway and actually use it was not unheard of.
The extent of it on The MBTA has been really bad and bizzare because it seem to have gotten worse over the last few years while the city has gotten better.

Old 03-12-2022, 08:19 PM

23,568 posts, read 18,661,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post

What's funked up is that there were people on the train and nobody tried to assist.

Old 03-13-2022, 09:49 AM

19 posts, read 11,989 times
I've lived in Massachusetts my entire life and the "T" has been a burden for taxpayers. It always something else with the "T". A few problems, expensive retirement system, management and buck passing Governors.

Just like DCF another poorly run Department that gets overlooked until a child dies. Why no one in the State House is held accountable for the actions of DCF is appalling.

Did the Zakem bridge take care of the traffic flow thru and around Boston? We all paid for that mess! I see the folks on the South Shore to Logan benefited from the change and made the rats homeless.

Old 03-14-2022, 04:30 PM

21,628 posts, read 12,718,846 times
https://www.wcvb.com/article/stabbin...2jHmf8FD0SqOq4

2 juveniles stabbed at Ashmont MBTA Station in Boston, police say

BOSTON -- Two juveniles were stabbed at an MBTA station in Boston's Dorchester neighborhood Monday afternoon, according to police.

One male juvenile suffered a non-life-threatening stab wound to his leg, while a second juvenile male sustained a superficial injury, according to transit police.

Old 03-14-2022, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
https://www.wcvb.com/article/stabbin...2jHmf8FD0SqOq4

2 juveniles stabbed at Ashmont MBTA Station in Boston, police say

BOSTON -- Two juveniles were stabbed at an MBTA station in Boston's Dorchester neighborhood Monday afternoon, according to police.

One male juvenile suffered a non-life-threatening stab wound to his leg, while a second juvenile male sustained a superficial injury, according to transit police.
The time when middle and high schools are let out are some of the worst times to be on the T. It has always been so. Adrenaline pumped adolescents letting off steam, showing off, talking smack to each other, bumping shoulders, any little thing can let off a tinderbox. Watch out especially at large terminuses like Ashmont, Forest Hills, Ruggles, Dudley, etc. I've seen my share of afterschool fights over the years, mostly scuffles and fistfights and fortunately nothing worse but the presence of knives do not surprise me. The danger usually subsides by the evening rush hour, say 4:30-5:00pm, when the crowds disperse.

Old 03-14-2022, 08:51 PM

Folks if you must ride the T, I seriously recommend carrying pepper spray or some form of self defense. The system is not safe.

Police Looking For Person Of Interest After 17-Year-Old Girl Assaulted On Blue Line

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2022/03/...sault-suspect/

"BOSTON (CBS) – Transit Police are asking for help identifying a person of interest after they say a 17-year-old girl was assaulted on a Blue Line train last week.
Police asked the public to “please take a good look” at a photo of the person in a tweet Monday.

The 17-year-old was allegedly assaulted between the Maverick and Bowdoin MBTA stations last Friday just before 4 p.m."

Old 03-14-2022, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Peasant View Post
The time when middle and high schools are let out are some of the worst times to be on the T. It has always been so. Adrenaline pumped adolescents letting off steam, showing off, talking smack to each other, bumping shoulders, any little thing can let off a tinderbox. Watch out especially at large terminuses like Ashmont, Forest Hills, Ruggles, Dudley, etc. I've seen my share of afterschool fights over the years, mostly scuffles and fistfights and fortunately nothing worse but the presence of knives do not surprise me. The danger usually subsides by the evening rush hour, say 4:30-5:00pm, when the crowds disperse.

True, Forest Hills has always been trouble from like 2pm-5pm.

Old 03-15-2022, 07:36 AM

9,070 posts, read 6,300,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
The 17-year-old was allegedly assaulted between the Maverick and Bowdoin MBTA stations last Friday just before 4 p.m.
^^^Typically that is the safer end of the blue line and it happened at 4pm on a weekday. SMH.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston