Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2023, 08:13 AM

23,571 posts, read 18,678,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeePee View Post
I am not sure. Nut will Taco Bell be booking a variety of non label artists 4 nights a week is the real question.

Non label artists in a dark/gritty venue don't selfie well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2023, 05:31 PM

9,874 posts, read 7,200,396 times
The city is evolving and places like Great Scott simply can't be justified from an economic perspective. They were paying $17K.month in rent and were a tenant-at-will. They were offered a long term lease and declined. Thus the owner of the building moved on.

I wouldn't be surprised to see TBC paying over $20K/month on a 10 year lease and a happier residential tenants in the rest of the building.

Old 08-09-2023, 07:08 PM

5,094 posts, read 2,656,710 times
Quote:
https://www.universalhub.com/2023/ha...-taco#comments

Talk about a sign of the times.
Is this the end? The end of a city who once had a heartbeat. A pulse. A reason to be?

Sold to the highest bidder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epUuyLY9VYs

Yes

Old 08-10-2023, 05:38 AM

3,207 posts, read 2,115,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
The city is evolving and places like Great Scott simply can't be justified from an economic perspective. They were paying $17K.month in rent and were a tenant-at-will. They were offered a long term lease and declined. Thus the owner of the building moved on.

I wouldn't be surprised to see TBC paying over $20K/month on a 10 year lease and a happier residential tenants in the rest of the building.
You do realize that even that very explanation no matter how accurate is exactly what the point is. It's boring numbers jargon for " people with more money want to be here now, so can you please gather your stuff and leave"

Old 08-10-2023, 06:36 AM

9,874 posts, read 7,200,396 times
Quote:
You do realize that even that very explanation no matter how accurate is exactly what the point is. It's boring numbers jargon for " people with more money want to be here now, so can you please gather your stuff and leave"
You are correct and I'm not insinuating that the chase for money is right. But it's the right of the building owner to rent for maximum return.

Old 08-10-2023, 07:47 AM

Quote:
You are correct and I'm not insinuating that the chase for money is right. But it's the right of the building owner to rent for maximum return.
And here we are. This is the new Boston. Wealthy, generic, market researched.

Old 08-10-2023, 07:47 AM

16,317 posts, read 8,140,203 times
Default re

Quote:

The city is evolving but I thought we'd evolved past places like taco bell. Apparently not and people need cheaper faster food to eat.

Old 08-10-2023, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
The city is evolving but I thought we'd evolved past places like taco bell. Apparently not and people need cheaper faster food to eat.
There is plenty of fast cheap food right in that neighborhood. Problem is that when rents get so high you lose diversity of the types of offerings where big money chains are the only ones that can afford it. Have you been to Manhattan lately? They seem to be able to appease to both. You can still get a $6 Bahn Mi, or a sub $10 sandwich in many places. Or you can spend $xxxxx to impress social media. Allston specifically is one of the last neighborhoods that followed this model. Seems its starting to sway the other way.

Old 08-10-2023, 08:05 AM

12,825 posts, read 22,003,919 times
Quote:
There is plenty of fast cheap food right in that neighborhood. Problem is that when rents get so high you lose diversity of the types of offerings where big money chains are the only ones that can afford it. Have you been to Manhattan lately? They seem to be able to appease to both. You can still get a $6 Bahn Mi, or a sub $10 sandwich in many places. Or you can spend $xxxxx to impress social media. Allston specifically is one of the last neighborhoods that followed this model. Seems its starting to sway the other way.
You can eat (and drink) quality, non-chain food for cheap in cities like New York, Paris, London, Tokyo, etc. If the greatest and most expensive cities in the world can maintain that in spite of rampant gentrification, why can't Boston? At some point, the new affluent residents are going to get tired of fast casual chains, banks, and national chain pharmacies occupying every storefront. Something's got to give.

Old 08-10-2023, 08:09 AM

21,628 posts, read 12,727,444 times
Taco Bell Cantina is awesome. If there's one wherever I visit- I go to it. A rum-spiked Baja Blast and a Chalupa is undefeatable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston