Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2024, 09:39 AM

5,094 posts, read 2,656,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
I get triggered because people on this forum seem to enjoy calling out Irish Southie folks (or any Bostonian Irish folk). I don't know what it is but many people have a great amount of disdain towards the Boston Irish.

When't the last time you were even in southie and had a coversation with multi generational families there? You have data on these multi-generational Southie households ? I'm sure there are some but there aren't many left.

we are talking specifically about the problems caused at the parade.
I dunno.....maybe because you call out and generalize groups of people here on a daily basis? Self awareness much? As a sidenote, I have some Irish lineage so that dog don't hunt here. I don't think you've spent any real time in Southie with Southie people in a long time either. It's evident in your ignorance of what's been going on there. But I mean, when you make it a point to imply that the parade problems are the result of only people who live outside southie, you kinda of bring things on yourself. Then you wonder why people push back a little? Dumb.

BTW: Many non-Irish people in Southie today (and in years past) so this Irish = Southie, Southie=Irish stuff is really tired.

Last edited by bostongymjunkie; 03-21-2024 at 09:50 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2024, 09:50 AM

16,317 posts, read 8,140,203 times
Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostongymjunkie View Post
I dunno.....maybe because you call out and generalize groups of people here on a daily basis? Self awareness much? As a sidenote, I have some Irish lineage so that dog don't hunt here. I don't think you've spent any real time in Southie with Southie people in a long time either. It's evident in your ignorance of what's been going on there. But I mean, when you make it a point to imply that the parade problems are the result of only people who live outside southie, you kinda of bring things on yourself. Then you wonder why people push back a little? Dumb.
Who even are you? I don't recall ever having any correspondence with you but clearly you have it out for me.

I can guarantanee that most if not all of the people causing parade problems were not folks living in southie.

People hate hearing about crime in boston on this forum and thinks boston is soo safe...the majority of crime that happens does not happen in southie

Old 03-21-2024, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Who even are you? I don't recall ever having any correspondence with you but clearly you have it out for me.

I can guarantanee that most if not all of the people causing parade problems were not folks living in southie.

I'm the person you've been corresponding with on this thread. Who are you? It's okay for you to respond to people but if others do they have it out for you? How ridiculous is that?

Nobody really cares if most of the 10 arrests were people living outside Southie because it doesn't mean anything.

Old 03-21-2024, 09:54 AM

Lol ok...stay off the mean streets of southie!

Old 03-21-2024, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Lol ok...stay off the mean streets of southie!
Making things up again I see. I'm in Southie quite often and have no problem with. You just make things up as you go along to try to reinforce whatever stupid point you're trying to make. Too funny. Guess you should stay off the mean streets outside Southie then huh? All those dangerous outsiders. You must be real fun at parties.

Old 03-21-2024, 09:56 AM

You're also too funny. Having a good laugh at you!!

Old 03-21-2024, 10:07 AM

If you scroll back you will see all I said was "no riff in southie" with an eye rolll, and you spazzed out.

Old 03-21-2024, 10:22 AM

10 people were arrested at a parade that millions of people attend...doesnt seem so bad.

I am just surprised there is talk of even moving it...i mean in other states people have had mass shooters at parades...but perhaps people are worried about this one day going in that type of direction

Old 03-21-2024, 11:53 AM

3,207 posts, read 2,115,788 times
Isn't such a shame when people who don't live in a neighborhood cause problems there? Kind of like what some people do on certain message boards? such a pity that we have to live like this.

Old 03-21-2024, 12:20 PM

17,676 posts, read 9,164,338 times
A lot more people were arrested at the parade in Newport, RI. Twice as many as Southie, I think...and many citations also.

And for what it's worth (I know it's not apples apples), hardly any were from Newport (some website had a list of names and addresses of those arrested and given citations).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston