Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2023, 06:08 PM

72 posts, read 59,262 times

Advertisements

I just want to say even if "the rumours" are true he's never going to be himself out in the open. His primary supporters are older wealthy people who want their real estate to keep going up in value and they won't like a man who's not on the straight and narrow as far as his ummm.. personal life goes. Even his divorce could affect him politically but as far as coming out... That would destroy his career.

Just sayin. The rainbow flag wavers are younger people, boomers are still conservative on social issues like orientation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2023, 06:31 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,879,610 times
This is the man's personal life. There is absolutely zero evidence that Justin Trudeau is gay or bi. Even before he was married to Sophie and had 3 kids with her, he was only known to date women. So it is completely rumour and speculation (as with most things coming from the far right these days).

Even if he was gay or bi which I find unlikely given his 50 years of basically living as a straight man, I think Canadians are accepting enough as a whole that this wouldn't be an issue. If you were to vote for Trudeau you would anyway, if you wouldn't you just wouldn't this would be a non-starter. You should also look at who has been voting for Trudeau in the last few election cycles- it is more broad-based than older wealthy people.

He just took his son to see Barbie. Looks like a good dad who loves his son. In this twisted world, we live in now though, some will take it as some sort of signaling nonsense instead of for what it is - a Dad spending quality time with his son.

https://people.com/justin-trudeau-so...-movie-7570346

This to me is a far better role model and person of character then someone who is charged how many felonies.

Old 08-06-2023, 07:24 PM

1,050 posts, read 571,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marigodqew View Post
I just want to say even if "the rumours" are true he's never going to be himself out in the open. His primary supporters are older wealthy people who want their real estate to keep going up in value and they won't like a man who's not on the straight and narrow as far as his ummm.. personal life goes. Even his divorce could affect him politically but as far as coming out... That would destroy his career.

Just sayin. The rainbow flag wavers are younger people, boomers are still conservative on social issues like orientation.
My gay friends have been saying what you said for a few years now. They love to joke about him and Macron for their “bromance”.

He was/is very LGBT-friendly, which is wonderful.

Old 08-06-2023, 08:13 PM

7,309 posts, read 9,326,230 times
You don't understand Canadians at all if you think we care about his personal life. There are always people who enjoy gossip but even they wouldn't base their vote off his personal life. His father was well-known as a playboy and his mother was a pot-smoking hippy decades younger and this was back in the 70s. Canadians have not become more straight-laced since then, trust me on this.

I have never heard any Canadian suggest he was gay. Is this some right-wing American conspiracy theory?

Fyi, i wished him well when he won elections but I've never been a fan of his.

Old 08-06-2023, 08:18 PM

7,309 posts, read 9,326,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ainsley1999 View Post
My gay friends have been saying what you said for a few years now. They love to joke about him and Macron for their “bromance”.

He was/is very LGBT-friendly, which is wonderful.
Are you trying to say Trudeau and Macron are lovers?

Old 08-06-2023, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
Are you trying to say Trudeau and Macron are lovers?
I think it’s just my gay friends’ wishful thinking. They do look very good together though.

His orientation shouldn’t matter though.

Old 08-06-2023, 11:17 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,038,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marigodqew View Post

They're only separating for now, they aren't divorcing.

Don't worry about the rumours. Only non-pragmatic and unintelligent people on social media pay attention to silly rumours and conspiracies. I think the majority of Canadians don't pay much attention or even care about unverified rumours and speculations about the personal lives of political figures and celebrities in Canada. The Trudeau family's personal lives are nobody else's business unless they choose to let the general public know about their personal lives.

The nonsense rumours you're referring to about him maybe being gay (which he isn't) got started on social media in another country (said country will remain un-named) immediately after he was elected as prime minister. They were started by two sets of people - (1) the usual political mudslinging conspiranoids who were in direct opposition to his politics and (2) the hopeful wishing gay people in other countries who had never heard of him before he was elected but they thought he looked really yummy and they really, really hoped he was gay. It was all over social media and they weren't the only ones spreading other speculative or malicious rumours about him either. The funny thing is nobody was interested or cared about him or his activities before he was elected.

But to date nobody has ever come up with any evidence to back up the rumours and Trudeau and his lovely wife have ignored them or laughed at them.

But more to the point - real Canadians don't care. Speculative rumours and conspiracies without evidence are for fools who will believe whatever they want to believe regardless of lack of evidence.

Old 08-07-2023, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post

The nonsense rumours you're referring to about him maybe being gay (which he isn't) got started on social media in another country (said country will remain un-named) immediately after he was elected as prime minister. They were started by two sets of people - (1) the usual political mudslinging conspiranoids who were in direct opposition to his politics and (2) the hopeful wishing gay people in other countries who had never heard of him before he was elected but they thought he looked really yummy and they really, really hoped he was gay. It was all over social media and they weren't the only ones spreading other speculative or malicious rumours about him either.

I basically agree with you and I never heard Trudeau’s “rumor” nor spent much time on social media. Trudeau’s Father and Mother were both quite well-known outside Canada so as far as the gay community that I’m familiar with, they definitely knew who he was.

I’m straight but I’m the biggest ally of gay/lesbian people, there’s nothing “malicious” about, even just speculation, someone possibly being gay as it’s completely normal and natural to be gay.

Sexuality is a very private matter and should be respected, however sexuality is also a spectrum, some can very well be fluid and ambiguous. Unless we know him well in person, no one can be 100% sure.

Old 08-07-2023, 04:32 AM

2,400 posts, read 1,568,914 times
“There's no place for the state in the bedrooms of the nation.”
― Pierre Elliott Trudeau

Old 08-07-2023, 08:45 AM

7,680 posts, read 5,529,153 times
It’s been my observation over the years that Canadians in general don’t see their politicians as demi-gods, celebrities or even role models. They vote based on party policies, not on personality or physical appearance of the party leader. Eight years in power is usually about the limit they will tolerate any leader. Political flaws always become glaringly obvious by then.

I have no interest in the Trudeau’s personal lives. I never met either of them. I find the interest expressed in Justin Trudeau’s sex life rather creepy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada