Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2024, 12:33 PM

7,309 posts, read 9,343,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Netwit, you know you’re my chouchou on here but if you’re not paying attention to the topic much, not sure why you are chiming in so emphatically.
I'm chiming in on words and word meanings. I thought I was clear on that? Words are my jam. I haven't voiced any opinion on drugs as I have no idea what the solution is and I don't live in an area where this is something I would see every day. But I've also lived long enough to have witnessed being tough on crime hasn't helped.

Although I did take a course in emergency mental health care this winter, fwiw.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2024, 12:39 PM

26,883 posts, read 38,086,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
I'm chiming in on words and word meanings.
Liebe grüße und küsse

Old 04-10-2024, 02:08 PM

1,243 posts, read 511,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
I'm chiming in on words and word meanings. I thought I was clear on that? Words are my jam. I haven't voiced any opinion on drugs as I have no idea what the solution is and I don't live in an area where this is something I would see every day. But I've also lived long enough to have witnessed being tough on crime hasn't helped.
What tough on drug policies have you seen that have failed here in Manitoba or Canada?

Old 04-10-2024, 05:53 PM

7,309 posts, read 9,343,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luisito80 View Post
What tough on drug policies have you seen that have failed here in Manitoba or Canada?
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...heck-1.6976363

https://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/rp-pr/jr/vea-avp/p3.html

https://nationalmagazine.ca/en-ca/ar...ailed-approach

https://policyalternatives.ca/sites/...rime%20WEB.pdf

Old 04-10-2024, 10:00 PM

Thanks for sharing that. I am not sure that represents a true tough on crime enforcement though.

Old 04-11-2024, 03:42 AM

6,048 posts, read 5,972,945 times
I wonder is the law being enforced? Does the cartels have influence in high places in regards to the drug trade. Is Ice (meth) regarded as a problem? Or is the focus on fentanyl?

The so called war on drugs can only be tackled if there is a wiliness. Surely when decriminalized the drugs become less attractive to drug cartels with reduced money making potential? Removes an amount of corruption as well.

Old 04-11-2024, 08:45 AM

Well, when Canada decriminalized cannabis it was said that it would eliminate most of the illegal cannabis market. It may have cut it down but it's far from dead.

Drug problems in general have become a lot worse in Canada in recent years, but not sure that is directly related to cannabis decriminalization.

Old 04-12-2024, 08:57 AM

I wonder how much they have to pay for those security guards? This is insane.

Old 04-12-2024, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luisito80 View Post
I wonder how much they have to pay for those security guards? This is insane.
Money that's not being spent on health care. Ça va bien!

Old 04-13-2024, 07:48 PM

If this is the kind of soft approach to killers, it's no wonder drug dealers feel like they can do what ever they want and the drug scene is growing. I still have not seen and evidence Canada has ever has a real tough on crime approach anywhere. We see drug dealing and gun crime on the rise. Not mention other crimes like immigration and real estate fraud and extortion. People are not afraid to engage in these activities because it is easy to do so and they will get a slap on the wrist if caught.

Quote:
Canada supreme court rules life without chance of parole is ‘cruel’ and illegal
This article is more than 1 year old
Decision setting parole eligibility at 25 years could give hope to at least 18 mass killers serving multiple life sentences.

Canada’s supreme court has ruled that life sentences without the chance of parole are both “cruel” and unconstitutional, in a landmark decision that could give more than dozen mass killers who committed “inherently despicable acts” the faint hope of release in the future.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...constitutional
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada