Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2015, 11:31 AM

9,127 posts, read 9,400,944 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNelis1 View Post
I am so thankful for this thread. I know it's old but I just wanted to tell y'all that your information was VERY helpful. It's quite frightening to find your dear kitty foaming madly at the mouth!
So is your cat ok now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2016, 07:38 AM

1 posts, read 1,059 times
I had accidentally dripped a drop or two of my daughters antibiotic on the back of my kitten...he is actually is about 10 months old and not even 3 min he started foaming out the mouth. I don't know if he had cleaned himself off right away or not because I had been busy with my daughter. Could it have been the antibiotic that caused this?

Old 08-23-2016, 09:31 AM

4,286 posts, read 4,775,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by byrd341025 View Post
I had accidentally dripped a drop or two of my daughters antibiotic on the back of my kitten...he is actually is about 10 months old and not even 3 min he started foaming out the mouth. I don't know if he had cleaned himself off right away or not because I had been busy with my daughter. Could it have been the antibiotic that caused this?
Call the vet now and ask them. If it's something serious time is of the essence.

Old 11-30-2020, 09:50 PM

7,684 posts, read 1,274,188 times
I'm resurrecting this thread because this evening my cat Leila was acting strange--running around the apartment like a maniac and jumping on the furniture. I then noticed she was foaming at the mouth. I couldn't figure out what was wrong or what she got into so I did a google search and this thread popped up. At first I thought that it might be a reaction to the Omega oil supplement she's on for dandruff and dry coat. Then I remembered that I gave Leila her flea treatment today. There's a big wet spot on the back of her neck so I suspect she's been licking it. So I googled "revolution plus cats side effects".....

"What happens if my cat licks Revolution Plus?
If an animal is able to lick the product when it is wet on the fur or scratches the area and then licks their foot, the bitter taste of the product can cause the animal to salivate, foam at the mouth, become nauseous or vomit. Also, some cats have been known to become agitated and run around the house."

Leila seems fine now though she's laying on the kitchen floor, something that she never does.

Old 04-21-2024, 09:37 AM

1 posts, read 61 times
Regarding cats foaming at the mouth, this article (guide) might be helpful to you:
[url]https://lovepethub.com/wiki/cat-foaming-at-the-mouth.html[/url]

Old 04-21-2024, 10:40 AM

3,287 posts, read 1,767,584 times
There's another reason to keep cats inside. We've lost two over the years and I don't need to go through that again.

Old Today, 06:43 PM

105 posts, read 18,171 times
The only time I have see my cats foaming at the mouth is when they went after the wrong kind of bug and ate it.I seen mine freaking out foaming at the mouth and after about 15 minutes they calmed down.Certain bugs will cause this that have a toxic chemical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats