Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 05:55 AM

623 posts, read 1,602,243 times

Advertisements

I have a little un-related question that someone might know about the VW plant. Do you know if they are going to have any type of Customer Service jobs at the chat location? Or accounts payable jobs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2009, 10:55 AM

65 posts, read 189,506 times
What and where are these "great areas in TN" that we should look at? That is what I am having problems finding. I need specifics! We are looking at houses around $200,000. Would like a flat yard as we have a dog and two young children. Good elementary school is a top priority! Specifics please...neighborhoods/subdivision names especially!!!! Thanks! I keep reading to that there are great areas in TN and to look in TN (because of taxes, etc) but I can't get any specifics! Thanks for any info you may have!

Old 07-02-2009, 05:40 PM

264 posts, read 819,426 times
regarding schools/neighboorhoods...my vote would be for ootlewah, colledgedale, or east brainerd. for westview or apison elementary, hunter middle or east hamilton middle, and east hamilton high if you are going the zoned, public school route. there are some great public magnet schools but they are not so easy to get into. the new east hamilton middle/high school will open in the fall. this web site for house hunting is good because it lets you search by school: Prudential RealtyCenter.com: Cleveland, Hixson, Signal Mountain, Shallowford, East Brainerd, Chattanooga Tennessee, Trenton, LaFayette, Dalton Georgia homes and real estate for sale! | Prudential RealtyCenter.com , however, be aware that with the new school opening, the lines have just been redrawn, just def. check with the board of ed web site: www.hcde.org/ under zoning to verify the correct schools are listed for the homes you are interested in. a note about Windstone as mentioned above, the ga/tn state line runs through the neighboorhood, which i agree is very nice, so be aware there are homes in TN in there as well as GA. downside to living on ga side: state income taxes, which we do not have in TN.

Old 07-05-2009, 11:26 AM

2 posts, read 6,022 times
I think chattanooga or cleveland will be the bestto choose from, i grew up my whole life in both place and i just recently moved to houston, tx and its wierd but i miss home soooo much! Tennessee is a family place and friendly

Old 07-05-2009, 08:40 PM

5 posts, read 27,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleelvis View Post
I have a little un-related question that someone might know about the VW plant. Do you know if they are going to have any type of Customer Service jobs at the chat location? Or accounts payable jobs?
Hi everyone. Just want to add if there was a long hiring process for the people who are relocating to Chatt for VW. I just applied for an IT position at the plant and was wondering about the process.

Old 07-12-2009, 12:00 AM

1 posts, read 4,926 times
Found out last week my husband is transferred to Chattanooga as well ( last week) he starts Wednesday! We're moving from Mississippi. So far United Van Lines and Mayflower have reasonable pack and drive rates. We've found some good things over here in in East Ridge area, but Hixson and Cleveland are looking like strong options too! Make sure to ask for any Volkswagen promotions; 2 places have replied with considerable discounts and flexible leases...good luck!

Old 07-12-2009, 01:01 AM

98 posts, read 253,557 times
Anyone know when they will hire production? Any insight would be very helpful.Thanks

Old 07-12-2009, 04:27 PM

600 posts, read 2,260,155 times
Not sure of the date, but from what I have heard, they will be requiring bachelor's degrees, even for the entry level production positions.

Old 07-14-2009, 05:59 PM

4 posts, read 15,050 times
For people that are interested in VW jobs, but might not have the skills the plant is looking for, our local community college has partnered with them to train people. Basically, you take the two year training, and you're good to go at the end. It's through Chattanooga State Technical Community College.

Old 07-15-2009, 01:53 PM

1 posts, read 5,564 times
Customer service, as you know is the foundation to any organization, so expect one in a company such as VW.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga