Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2022, 03:17 PM

2,191 posts, read 1,847,019 times

Advertisements

One thread already shut down, likely for talking about this.

No matter what demographic it is, those over about 16 are lost at this point. They aren't going to be "niced" into better behavior. A 16-18 year old isn't going to participate in after school programs, nurturing efforts, etc. They are already hard.

Any efforts to better raise these kids is going to have to start at younger ages, where they can have hope. Admit we've lost this particular teen group and start fresh with young kids, and build into their futures. Band aids won't work. And it's too late for many.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2022, 07:57 PM

1,067 posts, read 914,716 times
Man pointed gun at Fox 32 crew during live report at Clark and Hubbard. Heart of River North. At 7am this morning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEnPmPGF4aY

Old 05-26-2022, 10:40 AM

82 posts, read 95,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtcbnd03 View Post
Man pointed gun at Fox 32 crew during live report at Clark and Hubbard. Heart of River North. At 7am this morning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEnPmPGF4aY
This is the PERFECT sum of where we're at right now: criminals have no fear. No fear at any time, any place. This has got to change.

I want to ask the Mayor and the SACC - what are you doing to change this behavior? This feeling of impunity amongst criminals and would-be criminals?

The city deserves answer. Let the police loose. Set the dogs free. Where is Biden's task force? Can we get ATF patrols here?

The citizenry want's answers, not platitudes. The chorus is getting strong in the Bungalow belt, I can tell you.

Old 05-26-2022, 12:25 PM

2,191 posts, read 1,847,019 times
Yep, emboldened. The anti-police sentiment has created this more than anything, though, Chicago has always had a lot of crime.

My daughter just texted me a picture of tons of cops standing around at the infamous Chicago Red Line stop near that McDonalds. That was nice to see...especially since she has to get on/off that stop twice a day, 5 days a week.

Old 05-26-2022, 01:18 PM

4,630 posts, read 3,244,563 times
I am 100% in support of the Police.

I am 100% in support of the availability and utilization of mental health services.

I am 1,000,000% in support of every good citizen being trained in martial arts and the ability to assis the police by bringing people to justice by all possible methods, if it comes down to a: criminal vs. good citizen situation.

Wishing peace, health, and happiness to you all.

Old 05-27-2022, 06:59 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,860,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmanshouse View Post
Yep, emboldened. The anti-police sentiment has created this more than anything, though, Chicago has always had a lot of crime.

My daughter just texted me a picture of tons of cops standing around at the infamous Chicago Red Line stop near that McDonalds. That was nice to see...especially since she has to get on/off that stop twice a day, 5 days a week.
Yes, while Chicago has always had crime problems, never has it been as bad "downtown" and in the "tourist areas" as it has been under Lightfoot. When Rahm was mayor, there was always a good visible presence of police downtown. Even though that McDonald's has always attracted a somewhat rambunctious crowd, there was always a police presence in that area so I can't ever recall things getting out of hand. Good to hear that there was a large police presence there. There needs to be a large police presence throughout downtown to keep the riff raff out.

Old 05-28-2022, 07:33 AM

5,069 posts, read 2,176,538 times
No worries. We have a great leader in mayor lighthead who was all over national news yet again all day long for making a fool of herself YET AGAIN lol

Old 05-28-2022, 09:49 AM

Robert9: "Going forward, your negative attitude will no longer be tolerated!"

Ohhhh, that wasn't meant for YOU. I was just reflecting on a comment a Jail Division Supervisor told me once in a closed door meeting, when I worked in Milwaukee County.... Can you believe that was said to ME?!? I was the only guy that brought in doughnuts, and sent emails to the team on a great job they were doing!

But let this lesson show you. People in positions of "power" have, actually, often damaged egos, and are more interested in their own agendas. Although they "talk a good talk."

I eventually found happiness when I switched to working in a different County. Now, I am less stressed, and truly happy. Likewise, I DO understand when someone eventually chooses to leave the city of Chicago, or it's suburbs, or Cook County, or the State of llinois.

There IS obviously beauty in Chicago( its architecture, its festivals, its people, etc.). Surely this is why I am always happy to spend free time there.

See?!? I AM positive... Now, if someone could go tell my ex-Supervisor, I'd be grateful for your support of Master Jay!

Have a beautiful weekend. Bless those who served us. May they rest in peace, and the honor, they deserve!

Old 05-28-2022, 11:21 AM

5,069 posts, read 2,176,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
Robert9: "Going forward, your negative attitude will no longer be tolerated!"

Ohhhh, that wasn't meant for YOU. I was just reflecting on a comment a Jail Division Supervisor told me once in a closed door meeting, when I worked in Milwaukee County.... Can you believe that was said to ME?!? I was the only guy that brought in doughnuts, and sent emails to the team on a great job they were doing!

But let this lesson show you. People in positions of "power" have, actually, often damaged egos, and are more interested in their own agendas. Although they "talk a good talk."

I eventually found happiness when I switched to working in a different County. Now, I am less stressed, and truly happy. Likewise, I DO understand when someone eventually chooses to leave the city of Chicago, or it's suburbs, or Cook County, or the State of llinois.

There IS obviously beauty in Chicago( its architecture, its festivals, its people, etc.). Surely this is why I am always happy to spend free time there.

See?!? I AM positive... Now, if someone could go tell my ex-Supervisor, I'd be grateful for your support of Master Jay!

Have a beautiful weekend. Bless those who served us. May they rest in peace, and the honor, they deserve!
They said that to YOU! People are crazy I swear.

You have a great weekend as well. Stay Safe. Myself I am staying in. Too hot for me and I see the violence has already started!

Old 05-28-2022, 04:27 PM

Robert9, in my years in Social Work, I have seen STAFF being the ones with significant issues!!!!

I know you don't like the heat, and are not a northerner. But today I took, and highly advise all to go if they can, my middle child to Independence Grove in Libertyville, Illinois.

It is so beautiful and serene. We rented a paddleboat and rode around the lagoon looking at the fish, frogs, turtles, and birds.

I will try to take my eldest to Mole de Mayo Fest in Pilsen tomorrow. I hope you all have a great weekend!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago