Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2022, 06:17 PM

5,069 posts, read 2,177,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
Robert9, in my years in Social Work, I have seen STAFF being the ones with significant issues!!!!

I know you don't like the heat, and are not a northerner. But today I took, and highly advise all to go if they can, my middle child to Independence Grove in Libertyville, Illinois.

It is so beautiful and serene. We rented a paddleboat and rode around the lagoon looking at the fish, frogs, turtles, and birds.

I will try to take my eldest to Mole de Mayo Fest in Pilsen tomorrow. I hope you all have a great weekend!
I have heard many good things about Independence Grove in Libertyville over the years. Well enjoy the weekend and the heat. As I stay in with the air on full blast!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2022, 06:42 PM

2,599 posts, read 2,320,674 times
Just noticed this thread now. Is the Outfit still around?

Old 05-28-2022, 07:21 PM

4,630 posts, read 3,247,544 times
curiousgeorge5, certainly they are.

Old 05-28-2022, 07:22 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,864,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousgeorge5 View Post
Just noticed this thread now. Is the Outfit still around?
Like other mafia syndicates, they are still around but much lower key than previous decades. Also much higher level organized crime than prior decades.

This is how other Eastern European crime syndicates operate in Chicago, as well as Chinese ones.

Latin Kings are organized, but much larger and more visible in terms of street crime. They have a much bigger visible presence than the Outfit.

Old 05-29-2022, 10:10 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,578,779 times
As for organized crime:

Italians: there are still a few fossils at La Scarola. And as much as I love Richards, the Dominics sure as hell aren't clean.

Poles: There may have been some activity at the Maryla Polonaise, but I haven't been down there since Red Apple closed, so who knows.

Chinese: Chinatown certainly has a number of brothels, and the 14K had a substantial presence there some years ago. But that area is so insulated - just try buying or renting a property out there - so it's hard to really know unless you're there. I'm sure some of those flashy karaoke bars have had interesting visitors.

Russian: No idea, though I've had suspicions about Ruscoe Billards. What an odd place.

That's all I can think of offhand. I wouldn't include Latino or hood gangs as actual outfits; they're closer to terrorists than organized criminals. And there are plenty of online maps that estimate their territories.

Old 05-29-2022, 03:13 PM

Quote:
curiousgeorge5, certainly they are.
In the past I saw a video clip of Johnny "no nose" briefly talking to a reporter.

Old 05-29-2022, 09:18 PM

curiousgeorge5, yes. As you may know, No Nose has passed away. He had 2 brothers that I'm aware of. 1 also passed away in the last 1 or 2 years. I don't know the extent of the other brother's involvement.

Yes, there are still places on Taylor and also Grand where "things might take place."

That said, we'll just leave it to try to be the Secret Society it originally was supposed to be...

Old 05-31-2022, 12:11 AM

Quote:
curiousgeorge5, yes. As you may know, No Nose has passed away. He had 2 brothers that I'm aware of. 1 also passed away in the last 1 or 2 years. I don't know the extent of the other brother's involvement.

Yes, there are still places on Taylor and also Grand where "things might take place."

That said, we'll just leave it to try to be the Secret Society it originally was supposed to be...

He sounded like a regular man talking to the reporter.

I don't recall if he was one of the people in the basement when they did in the Spilotro brothers.

Old 05-31-2022, 03:45 AM

curiousgeorge5, good day.

If what I have read is correct, the answer to both of your questions is, "yes."

Seeming like a regular guy is definitely the approach one wants to give the public if they want to remain a Boss for as long a time possible.

And I believe I read that he took the gun that was found on Michael Spilotro when he was jumped in the basement of his "making", and emptied it.

Old 06-01-2022, 07:28 AM

2,191 posts, read 1,848,685 times
Maybe it's because I didn't watch a lot of news....but was this Memorial Day Weekend relatively tame in Chicago for crime this year?

My Citizen App definitely had activity, but it had maybe 1 murder victim that I could see. It just seemed like not a huge thing this year as opposed to some years where the headlines all read "Deadly Holiday Weekend in Chicago".

Anyone have stats on it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago