Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2023, 02:42 PM

5,014 posts, read 9,455,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Certain aldermembers/aldermen are Democrats in name only(and are unofficially Republican), the way they often vote like. I.e. Napolitano, Sposato, Gardner to name a few examples. I'm pretty sure one of Napolitano's predecessors(I think Doherty), was a Republican when he served in the 2000s/early 2010s.

I honestly think on this issue that all cities(IF we lived in a more ideal world) would all share in the burden of taking in migrants, and that it shouldn't only be dumped on say LA, Denver, Chicago, and others that did this sanctuary city label. Yes cities and states even on the Mexico border(looking at Texas especially, ********* Gov. Abbott), should have to help on this issue.
Just because a Democrat isn't a far left wing radical does not make them a Republican, LOL! I don't see eye to eye with the "progressive wing" of the Democratic party at all, but there's no way in hell I'd ever consider myself to be a Republican. What if you are pro choice, believe in gay marriage and gay rights, and are against any form of racism, but also believe in enforcing the law and are opposed to big intrusive government? These days, that makes you a MAGA Trumper to some. In reality, it's simply being pragmatic.

BTW, this is my 5,000th post. I'm very proud to have reached this point! I'd like to thank everyone for the interesting discussions over the years. I'm even more amazed that I had a chance to accomplish this. Many great posters have come and gone but this site has remained viable and quite active even in the social media age, which is rare and unusual. Keep it going all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2023, 03:10 PM

4,630 posts, read 3,246,186 times
BRU67, congratulations on your 5,000th post!

Keep up the great job!

I'm going to celebrate you shortly with a Negra Modelo cerveza!

Cheers! / Salud!

Old 11-14-2023, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
BRU67, congratulations on your 5,000th post!

Keep up the great job!

I'm going to celebrate you shortly with a Negra Modelo cerveza!

Cheers! / Salud!
Mr. 5000!! You are one of the good ones still here Master Jay. So I will have a cold IPA to you this weekend too, LOL!

Old 11-14-2023, 05:16 PM

I tell you what, the plan is for me to come down this Thursday. If time for a brew-ha-ha, message me!

Old 11-14-2023, 06:41 PM

4,199 posts, read 4,450,813 times
Far more effective to spend the $9,000 to ship each illegal to China, which has excess housing capacity and a supposed need for populace as the one child per family policy has created an inverted age pyramid. AND good news! China has the capacity with 64 million units, whole cities they built which are not occupied. What could be better than a ready made residence and a government (Chinese Communists) which I am sure would make them work?

The beauty of FL and TX sending the illegals to the sanctuary cities is that it illustrates the stupidity and duplicity of the government's policy on immigration. The elitists don't care because they won't have to endure the consequences.

Yet, when they are subject to the consequences - then they complain and blame others NOT THEIR POLICIES - which are obviously designed to give them a dependency class voting bloc.
Ship them to all the immigration policy supporters second (and 3rd and 4th) residences around the country. Watch how they change their tune when their neighborhoods and 'seasonal residences' / areas get the consequences of illegals.

Old 11-15-2023, 08:08 AM

3,501 posts, read 3,133,024 times
Sanctuary city status has nothing to do with any of it. These aren’t illegal immigrants they are asylum seekers. Here legally. As I’ve said before, I disagree with the Asylum seeking process and believe it is being abused, but these people are here legally, going through the legal process of seeking asylum.
All you are demonstrating is that you don’t understand sanctuary city status or illegal immigration.

Old 11-15-2023, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigboto View Post
Sanctuary city status has nothing to do with any of it. These aren’t illegal immigrants they are asylum seekers. Here legally. As I’ve said before, I disagree with the Asylum seeking process and believe it is being abused, but these people are here legally, going through the legal process of seeking asylum.
All you are demonstrating is that you don’t understand sanctuary city status or illegal immigration.
It has everything to do with it in the sense that the sanctuary city status is the reason they are being bused here. You are correct that as asylum seekers, they are not illegal immigrants.

Old 11-20-2023, 08:00 AM

78,347 posts, read 60,539,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRU67 View Post
It has everything to do with it in the sense that the sanctuary city status is the reason they are being bused here. You are correct that as asylum seekers, they are not illegal immigrants.
I think a part of it is also the various political officials that have mocked some of the other states for claiming they were overwhelmed.

Just look at this thread, we have a federal process, overwhelmed states and posters are blaming those states for shipping some to other areas.

Then, ironically, those cities are then looking for other places to ship them to....but in this whole big mess, people still just have to heap blame along political lines.

If the federal govt. is going to allow a big influx, they should have the infrastructure to support the program instead of just dumping them but I think that's been political as well.

I'm increasingly concerned that this winter is going to be a disaster in some of these camps.

Old 11-20-2023, 09:52 AM

I can't help but feel heartbroken when I see the guy with 3 little kids, outside of Gene's Deli in Lincoln Square, and they're sitting on the cold concrete and he's covering them with a sheet to "block out " the colder wind starting up.

Those kids do not deserve that.... Truly hearts breaking.

Old 11-20-2023, 09:36 PM

128 posts, read 66,925 times
I can only guarantee one thing. This disaster of our open border will be the end of the country we thought we knew. Liberals love to say how we need them. But I've got news for you. When the disease is on the increase with their presence not being vetted for what they brought with them. And then the overcrowding and lack of housing for the many thousands still arriving, you haven't even begun to see the negative impact it's going to have on our medical facilities. Our school systems and yeah, the taxes getting pi$$ed away from this whole debacle. Forget about the illegal drugs entering the country in droves. It just chaps my hide that REAL American citizens are passed over for the kind of attention these "illegal" have enjoyed. Our immigration system was never set up to simply allow every and anyone to just walk right in with no limitations just because they had a tough life elsewhere. Tell that sometime to a vet that comes into social services requiring a place to live and food. It's flat out disgusting. And Majorkis should be hung by his toes for running this country into the ground with his ineptness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago