Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2024, 08:42 AM

17,634 posts, read 16,802,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
There are a lot of these missing people. This one is very suspicious too.
Yes, this is very worrisome. I think that if this had been some kind of accident they would have found Caleb by now. I don't see him wandering off very far with no shoes on, yet, he is nowhere to be found.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2024, 08:59 AM

8,435 posts, read 3,601,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
Yes, this is very worrisome. I think that if this had been some kind of accident they would have found Caleb by now. I don't see him wandering off very far with no shoes on, yet, he is nowhere to be found.
I seriously don't think that he is still alive. Someone has hidden the body.

Old 03-31-2024, 09:13 AM

Quote:
I seriously don't think that he is still alive. Someone has hidden the body.
I doubt that he's off somewhere on his own accord. If he could touch base with his parents, family members, friends he would have done so by now. So, yes, he is either being held against his will or he is no longer alive. The question is who would want to harm him? And where is he?

Old 03-31-2024, 11:20 AM

2,481 posts, read 2,522,254 times
Quote:
I doubt that he's off somewhere on his own accord. If he could touch base with his parents, family members, friends he would have done so by now. So, yes, he is either being held against his will or he is no longer alive. The question is who would want to harm him? And where is he?

He was up at 3AM and then had classes and fishing the next day. That's a lot of staying awake. This has a drug deal go bad written all over it. Either that or the whole thing is an elaborate hoax.

Old 03-31-2024, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagster View Post
He was up at 3AM and then had classes and fishing the next day. That's a lot of staying awake. This has a drug deal go bad written all over it. Either that or the whole thing is an elaborate hoax.
It depends on when his classes were. It really is not that unusual for college age kids to be up at that time of night. He had ordered a food delivery so it seems that he was killing some time waiting for the delivery.

Old 04-01-2024, 02:57 PM

17,745 posts, read 15,522,162 times
Quote:
They often don't test for some drugs. There has to be a request for some of them.

The parents had to get a second autopsy to get some of the information. The authorities in Nashville are not saying everything. They were also saying that there was no foul play at the beginning when no one would have known that yet. This case is shady.

I doubt he was alive when he went into the water.

It's a tox screen.. They're looking for drugs.

they may not be looking for more elaborate things.. Strychnine or similar, but.. That's fairly ridiculous to even think about.

Standard tox screen for an autopsy is going to be looking at your major illegal drug categories (Opiates, Amphetamines, Cocaine, Weed) as well as other common recreational drugs.. Benzodiazapams (spelling no doubt wrong).. It'll usually find Ambien and other commonly abused prescription meds.

I don't expect a tox screen to show anything other than alcohol.. And, likely, lots of it.

Someone said how quick the cops were to call it an accidental drowning.. yeah, they were quick to focus on the river as well.. And they were right to do so. While I won't say that the police can't botch an investigation.. This one seems pretty straightforward and by the book.

as for Caleb Harris.. here's the best timeline i've seen to date..

https://www.beaumontenterprise.com/n...e-19378850.php

Note that the last thing he did, sharing a snapchat photo, was 9 minutes before the phone went off.. And he was on a bridge crossing that drainage ditch. Which, I would presume is here..

https://maps.app.goo.gl/L4eY9Ri1uiqAyuwE8

Right outside his apartment complex. From all I can tell, that drainage ditch flows and empties into Oso Bay. While I agree it really doesn't look like his body could have floated out into the bay, and I think someone would have found him by now if it had.. If that's the direction the water was flowing.. I could make a case of his either being hit by a car, or falling over the bridge for some unknown reason..

This is likely the rail he would have been walking beside. https://maps.app.goo.gl/d9q1LazqR4KEmezt9

I can't get a better view of that drainage ditch, but, you can see from there.. That sucker is.. Pretty hefty. I mean, when you hear drainage ditch.. This is probably bigger than what pops into your mind.

What I can't tell, if you go back to the original overhead.. As it goes behind the apartments, it goes into some very thick brush that would be hard to get in and search. Before coming out on the other side of the road. I can't tell how it gets to the other side of the road, TBH, because it's so thick.

Just saying.. That's a good place for someone to wind up and not be found for a while. Again.. At this point.. one would think the vultures might be a clue.

Again.. I can't imagine that area hasn't been searched rather thoroughly by now.. But.. You never know when someone can't get back there and thinks "There's no way a body could get back there".

If it were me.. That'd have been my second search. First one would have just been what I could easily get to there behind the apartment. Second.. I'm going to the other side of S Padre Island Dr, and I'm walking under the highway in and along that ditch all the way back.

the question also.. What was he doing out there? Well, when you're sharing snapchats.. You probably weren't forced out there or in any known immediate peril. I go back to.. Possibly went walking to have a smoke or something. Fall, jump or knocked off the bridge into the water.. Certainly seems possible. I see.. little indication of him being suicidal, so.. The 'jump' part is probably not in play.

Old 04-01-2024, 04:33 PM

The police have said that even if he had landed in the ditch there wasn't enough water to carry him away. If he had fallen off the bridge and landed below it he would have been found there and he wasn't. They've searched the apartment complex and the area around it - no Caleb.

He almost had to have gotten into someone's car. Hopefully the police know which cars were in and out of that area during the time frame that he went missing.

Old 04-01-2024, 04:40 PM

62,211 posts, read 88,090,317 times
^^^ this is a plausible theory why they could find him, yet.

Apparently there are new details (not really) and parents increased the reward to $50,000

https://www.beaumontenterprise.com/n...e-19378850.php

https://www.caller.com/story/news/lo...0/73166407007/

Last edited by elnina; 04-01-2024 at 04:49 PM..

Old 04-02-2024, 08:26 AM

17,745 posts, read 15,522,162 times
Quote:
The police have said that even if he had landed in the ditch there wasn't enough water to carry him away. If he had fallen off the bridge and landed below it he would have been found there and he wasn't. They've searched the apartment complex and the area around it - no Caleb.

He almost had to have gotten into someone's car. Hopefully the police know which cars were in and out of that area during the time frame that he went missing.

Ah yes.. Since there wouldn't have been enough water to carry him away.. No need to search.

Search it anyway. Doesn't take water for him to wind up 'downstream'. Couple of hungry stray dogs could have drug him.

Old 04-02-2024, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Ah yes.. Since there wouldn't have been enough water to carry him away.. No need to search.

Search it anyway. Doesn't take water for him to wind up 'downstream'. Couple of hungry stray dogs could have drug him.
To my knowledge they have searched that ditch and haven't found him. If animals had torn him apart (very unlikely) there would have been evidence of that.

Usually they bring in search dogs to assist with locating a missing person especially if they are believed to be on foot. No Caleb. Where is he? Where did his scent end?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events