Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2024, 12:43 PM

1,222 posts, read 553,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
What's the point of joining a fraternity if your so called, "brothers" will let you wander the streets alone knowing that you were so drunk you got thrown out of a bar. I wouldn't even call them friends. Women don't do each other that way.
The point if joining is to **** off people like you because we know you are jealous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2024, 01:47 PM

12,981 posts, read 13,727,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Lagos View Post
The point if joining is to **** off people like you because we know you are jealous.
I'm really jealous, Just think I could be dead in a ditch in some southern town.

Old 03-19-2024, 08:11 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,679,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Not sure what's going on.
Two other students are now missing:
Riley Strain has been missing since March 8, when he was last seen walking through Nashville after he was asked to leave a local bar.

https://people.com/riley-strain-bank...tinues-8610382

Search is continuing for 17-year-old Henry Murillo who went underwater at Surfside Beach on Saturday, and he's been missing ever since.
This young man most likely drowned.
There were harsh red flag conditions Saturday when the teen went under and the choppy water hasn't gotten any better.

https://www.fox26houston.com/news/su...razoria-county
It's spring break drunken college kids abound in places they're not familiar with...it's a bad combination especially in places with body of waters nearby...could his drunkenness lead to him be a victim of foul play? Possibly... more likely he fell in water and drowned.

Old 03-19-2024, 10:08 PM

23,913 posts, read 33,722,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
It's spring break drunken college kids abound in places they're not familiar with...it's a bad combination especially in places with body of waters nearby...could his drunkenness lead to him be a victim of foul play? Possibly... more likely he fell in water and drowned.

I worked a WV case about 10 years ago. Young guy named Chris Sexton. Apparently tripped while walking home drunk from a party, some how died right there. What was weird, SAR dogs had been within 10 feet of his body. He was found by a homeowner about 6 weeks missing.

Old 03-20-2024, 08:16 AM

17,703 posts, read 15,427,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I worked a WV case about 10 years ago. Young guy named Chris Sexton. Apparently tripped while walking home drunk from a party, some how died right there. What was weird, SAR dogs had been within 10 feet of his body. He was found by a homeowner about 6 weeks missing.

It happens. I brought up Chekov's son a while back. Hung himself in a park in Vancouver.. Took 9 days before someone found him

If he fell into water, which I think is the most likely scenario.. That water is cold right now. Which will slow down the decay process.. Which will slow down the amount of time that it takes for him to pop back up to the surface.

remember, about 2 days ago, they pulled a body out of the river.. Wasn't the right guy.

Think about that. Multiple people dead in the river within days of each other.

Old 03-20-2024, 08:27 AM

23,913 posts, read 33,722,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
It happens. I brought up Chekov's son a while back. Hung himself in a park in Vancouver.. Took 9 days before someone found him

If he fell into water, which I think is the most likely scenario.. That water is cold right now. Which will slow down the decay process.. Which will slow down the amount of time that it takes for him to pop back up to the surface.

remember, about 2 days ago, they pulled a body out of the river.. Wasn't the right guy.

I agree, most likely in water where he will float due to decomp which was how Chris was found by a homeowner. 2013 was a very warm November, otherwise he may not have been found until spring.

Old 03-20-2024, 09:24 AM

1,222 posts, read 553,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post

Yep that's most likely in the river somewhere. I wonder how he parted ways with his debit card and shirt?

Old 03-20-2024, 10:55 AM

17,703 posts, read 15,427,856 times
The Cajun Navy is.. Pretty well versed in things like this. I suspect, assuming he is in the water.. They'll be the ones that find him.

It's also.. Within the realm of possibility that the police may decide to set off some charges in the river, pending on local regulations and whether they can do it. That would, if he was stuck on the bottom, perhaps "encourage" his body to float up to the surface.

Old 03-20-2024, 04:14 PM

2,470 posts, read 2,506,467 times
Quote:
Yep that's most likely in the river somewhere. I wonder how he parted ways with his debit card and shirt?

I would be curious to find out if the card was invalid. If that was the case, whoever he was last with most likely thrown the card away in disgust.

Old 03-22-2024, 09:39 AM

17,547 posts, read 16,699,705 times
Quote:
They found Riley Strain in the River today, still wearing his shirt and watch. Workers at a job site located along the river moved some sort of equipment (a barge?) and Riley came to the surface.

No signs of foul play at this point but they will do an autopsy to confirm that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events