Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 10:06 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,271,814 times

Advertisements

"The Fad Diet Experience"

"Will fat fad away? Big guy hopes 14-diet plan will be big loser
BY NICOLE CARTER

Dan Radice is the world's faddest man.
The 360-pound Niagara Falls, Ontario, man is trying 14 fad diets in 18 weeks, in hopes of dropping some serious weight.
It's what he calls "The Fad Diet Experience" and it's working - at least the first one did.
"It sounds odd, but I thought, 'Why just do one diet when maybe a better one is made up of lots of them put together?'" said Radice, 30, who is blogging his progress at fatboydiet.wordpress.com."

Will fat fad away? Big guy hopes 14-diet plan will be big loser

__________________________________________________ _______

I just thought this was interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2009, 10:28 AM

65 posts, read 141,281 times
Sounds very interesting and I have to say that he is a braver soul than I could ever be, the lemonade diet ........... NEVER, not for me.

I have decided that what I am doing is not so much a diet as a new way of life for me, because I could do these fad diets and lose weight, but for how long and all the work that would go into it and then go back to eating regularly, no I have made changes to my diet that I can stick to for a lifetime. I am tired of being an unhealthy yo-yo dieter.

But I am interested in which of these plans works, thank God he checked it all out with his Doctor before doing this .............. although I find it very hard to believe that any medical doctor would approve of the lemonade diet.

Old 02-08-2009, 10:39 AM

I didn't read it all yet...I know..I have to wonder if the doctor really did approve it and how long. Personally I am all for the lemonade diet but I count my calories on it and follow the general medical rule of not fasting past 3 days without medical supervision. (why they have those fasting centers for longer detox )

Old 02-08-2009, 10:49 AM

The lemonade diet is up to a 10 day fast. You start your day when you wake up drinking the salt water flush. I guess that's breakfast.

[SIZE=2]Lemonade Diet Lemonade Recipe:[/SIZE]
2 oz. of fresh squeezed lemon juice (must be fresh squeezed)
2 oz. of maple syrup (must be grade B, organic maple syrup)
1/4 of a teaspoon of cayenne pepper
2 cups of water (spring water or purified water)
Mix all ingredients well.

This makes approximately 20 ounces of lemonade, or two servings.
You will need to drink about 10 servings a day.

Salt Water Flush Recipe:
2 teaspoons salt
1 quart of water
Mix well. Allow at least 30 minutes after drinking before leaving the house. You'll need to be near the bathroom.

I know that I could never do this diet .... maybe for a day or two but after that I wouldn't be able to take it.

I hope this guy knows what he's doing.

Old 02-08-2009, 11:04 AM

LOL! I did like not having to bother with dishes...But I had so much time on my hands. I went with the modified master cleanser version myself sans saltwater flush/senna tea.

Old 02-08-2009, 11:24 AM

The saltwater sounds like the worst part of this deal, anything that will keep me in the bathroom for 30 minutes after drinking .... not my idea of something that I can do.

Like I said this guy is a brave soul ... it would not be somthing that I could do.

Old 02-09-2009, 05:59 PM

931 posts, read 3,804,533 times
Sounds like another fad diet.

Old 02-09-2009, 06:10 PM

4,721 posts, read 15,620,678 times
Its as old as the hills, but of course, if you follow it, you will lose. As you are NOT EATING. Problam is when you eat again. You WILL gain.

Old 02-09-2009, 06:35 PM

931 posts, read 3,804,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanannie View Post
Its as old as the hills, but of course, if you follow it, you will lose. As you are NOT EATING. Problam is when you eat again. You WILL gain.
Wait.... Is it really that simple?

If I don't eat, I lose weight and if I eat, I gain weight?

So should I eat or not?

Old 02-09-2009, 07:18 PM

4,721 posts, read 15,620,678 times
Not sure what you mean. The Master Cleanse or Lemonade diet is a form of a fast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss