Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2023, 06:45 PM

19,613 posts, read 12,212,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VivienL View Post
I would love a movie about Rose's post-Titanic life! The photo montage of her that they scrolled though at the end of Titanic showed that she had a lot of interesting experiences. I'd like to know more about the husband she eventually married and had a family with. I'd like to see the fall of her abusive ex-fiancee when the stock market crashed. I'd like to know how her mother fared after Rose rejected their meal ticket, if she lost her place in society, whether or not she and Rose were estranged or if she dropped the facade of wealth and propriety to have a real relationship with her daughter...
Yes. And I could watch a whole movie about the life of Molly Brown (Kathy Bates). She was hilarious amongst all the snooty types.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2023, 02:01 PM

1,088 posts, read 578,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VivienL View Post
I would love a movie about Rose's post-Titanic life! The photo montage of her that they scrolled though at the end of Titanic showed that she had a lot of interesting experiences. I'd like to know more about the husband she eventually married and had a family with. I'd like to see the fall of her abusive ex-fiancee when the stock market crashed. I'd like to know how her mother fared after Rose rejected their meal ticket, if she lost her place in society, whether or not she and Rose were estranged or if she dropped the facade of wealth and propriety to have a real relationship with her daughter...
I always assumed that Rose's mother never knew she survived. Isn't that why she walked away and changed her name at the end, so nobody would know?

Old 06-26-2023, 06:35 PM

5,518 posts, read 8,765,046 times
I am awaiting for the movie of The Titan story. It'll probably be years before it's made, if ever, as scientists figure out exactly what happened. But a movie featuring the disaster of the Titan linked to (but not centered on) the disaster of the Titanic could be a really cool movie; Two
"unsinkable" crafts, two different centuries, two dramatic searches for survivors. Yeah, it could be very cool.

Old 07-16-2023, 03:23 PM

21,725 posts, read 28,059,998 times
I mean, you could tell almost infinite fictional stories on board. So, it's possible.

Old 07-18-2023, 09:38 AM

32,087 posts, read 34,686,093 times
OP probably thought he was making a tongue in cheek thread not realizing that this movie has already been made. Yes, it's a real movie. You can watch it on Tubi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKn-NdqSkU4

Old 07-18-2023, 09:42 AM

32,087 posts, read 34,686,093 times
I'd prefer to see an updated Titanic movie with Samuel L. Jackson and The Rock.

*channeling my inner Sam J*

"LISTEN UP, PEOPLE! THE ONLY THING STANDING BETWEEN YOU AND SURVIVAL IS THE ICEBERG! YOU CAN TELL THE ICEBERG TO GO TO HELL!!!!"

It would also be awesome if the Titanic was on a direct collision course with the iceberg only for the Rock to swing from a rope and kick it away using those strong, beefy legs of his. "Daddy's gotta move an iceberg!"

Old 08-15-2023, 02:44 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,124,184 times
Why? We already know it sank with a bunch of people on it. Unless there's a fictional story that will be pulled out of the closet on the next run. Instead of a love story about a man and woman, it will be about a captain Daddy, his stow away cabin boy and transgender bathrooms.

Old 08-16-2023, 05:23 AM

19,697 posts, read 20,229,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
Why? We already know it sank with a bunch of people on it. Unless there's a fictional story that will be pulled out of the closet on the next run. Instead of a love story about a man and woman, it will be about a captain Daddy, his stow away cabin boy and transgender bathrooms.
I heard there was no iceberg, and that J.P. Morgan sank the Titanic to kill off his wealthy rivals because they opposed the creation of
the Federal Reserve!

Old 08-21-2023, 02:47 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,425,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post

Jack's extra-curricular activities?

Old 10-26-2023, 09:41 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,844,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Yes. And I could watch a whole movie about the life of Molly Brown (Kathy Bates). She was hilarious amongst all the snooty types.
Then watch Debbie Reynold’s version “The Unsinkable Molly Brown”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts