Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2021, 06:11 AM

5,428 posts, read 3,491,500 times

Advertisements

How about a movie about another historical vessel that sank. It’s not like there’s a shortage of ships to choose from. In WW1, there was the Lusitania and Britannic (which was Titanic’s sister).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2021, 06:29 AM

765 posts, read 620,525 times
They'd more likely just remake the original Titanic.

Old 08-30-2021, 11:26 AM

23,656 posts, read 13,964,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRunner View Post
I guess if the Titanic didn't sink they could have done part 2, but last time I checked Titanic is still at the bottom of the ocean.

I still think there's a lot to be explored through the historical fiction genre, especially the 1600-1800's. I was sipping some Captain Morgan just the other day thinking that there really isn't a really great movie regarding any of the pirates during the golden age of piracy.
It does rather sound like Paul Gallico's comments about The Poseidon Adventure. In the NOVEL, the ship sank but of course that didn't happen in the movie. So in the novelization of the sequel, he commented that he had to change things a little to write it......the book was much better but it probably would have made a terrible movie.

Maybe to the former for when I read the book, I was reeling from the death of beauty queen Candace Gray, https://www.nytimes.com/1981/09/08/u...-accident.html , the event and the book, in part, being similar.

SO-o, I see four possibilities. One, they take the story and bringing it up to date with another disaster movie, such as Poseidon has been done. Two, they make a flick of some kind of aftermath, be its Rose's life or maybe a salvage mission to the bottom. Equally, maybe they try to raise it. Three, they time it perfectly with such great disaster to pull at the heart strings of young women everywhere.

Four, they go back and do it on a similar disaster, be it the fictional Titan https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wr...:_Or,_Futility or maybe the reality of the Hans Hedtoft. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MS_Hans_Hedtoft

Old 08-31-2021, 04:03 AM

5,428 posts, read 3,491,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookashiny View Post
They'd more likely just remake the original Titanic.
Which one is the original Titanic?

Old 08-31-2021, 08:30 AM

729 posts, read 531,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Three, they time it perfectly with such great disaster to pull at the heart strings of young women everywhere.
Ladies. Ladies! The boat sank. Get over it.

Old 08-31-2021, 09:10 AM

23,656 posts, read 13,964,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenHair View Post
Ladies. Ladies! The boat sank. Get over it.
I wasn't talking about the boat, I was talking about the death of someone who touches the soul. So, say, Rudolf Valentino the 8th, famous romantic movie star of the current era, tragically dies in reality (for the scenario we are discussing here) when his yacht is run down by a Northwest Passage tanker while he was out saving the seals........

..........and Hollywood times it right with the right movie so broken hearts around the world are connected with his event through a story on the silver screen.

That kind of timing, of "luck".

Old 08-31-2021, 07:23 PM

4,430 posts, read 2,703,329 times
The very idea of a Titanic 2 reminds me of the final scene of the series Veep, where news is breaking that Tom Hanks has died (the last scene is set well in the future). He is referred to as "the star of Big, Forrest Gump, Philadelphia, and Philadelphia 2".

The joke, of course, is that the very idea of a sequel to Philadelphia is quite silly. So is the idea of a Titanic sequel.

Old 09-01-2021, 04:38 PM

506 posts, read 476,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
I've always wondered why there has never been a blockbuster George Washington movie. He was literally a real life action hero. His biography would be an amazing story. But with sensibilities where they are now, we're lucky his name isn't banned.
How about George Washington Raises the Titanic! He chews through the iceberg with his wooden teeth and his trusty, non-Cherry-Tree-cutting ax. After he raises the ship the last scene will be him taking a nap in one of the state rooms..."Washington slept here." And then the credits.

Old 09-03-2021, 08:49 PM

3,642 posts, read 1,596,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
There have already been several Titanic movies.
My personal favorite is the one with Clifton Webb and Barbara Stanwyck.

But here's a full list: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ut_the_Titanic
That is a masterpiece.

Old 09-03-2021, 08:51 PM

15,595 posts, read 15,650,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by basket123 View Post
It’s no secret that it seems like Hollywood is running out of ideas. They have even made Clifford the Big Red Dog into a movie recently.

I’m surprised that they haven’t made a part 2 for Titanic. I’m sure it would be a big hit if they create one. What do you guys think?
I can't tell if you're serious or are being funny What exactly would Part 2 have - the fight with the insurance companies?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts