Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2021, 06:46 PM

10,888 posts, read 7,370,074 times

Advertisements

Maybe a Titanic movie with a fresh perspective; lead character is a coal stoker who fakes the iceberg with a thousand tons of coal.

Zombies are a good idea; Jack could come back for Rose.

Or opening scene: a coffin on the ocean floor slowly creaks open, and a vampire emerges to terrorize the local fish population.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2021, 09:57 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,117,145 times
Maybe just a Reboot using all female, black,transgendered gay, woke characters?...and instead of the ship hitting an iceberg and sinding, they all work together to convert the giant diesel engines into solar, then they gather on the deck in a group hug signing Kumbaya and pray to Gaia and the whole Earth heals itself and everyone dies, because the Earth is better off without humans...then no credits roll because no one deserves to be recognized above another and they were ALL equally stars in their own right...

Old 08-26-2021, 01:01 AM

3,624 posts, read 3,405,054 times
Not a Titanic II necessarily, but the character Rose Dawson would be interesting to include in a movie that illustrates her life.

Remember, Rose is a totally fictional character, which removes the restraint of the real-life history of Molly Brown and other documented historical people. In the film, we see Rose grow through Jack's advice; from a protected young high society lady living in a birdcage, into an independent woman who wants to ride horses astride, fly an aircraft, "spit like a man," and otherwise experience the life that lies ahead of everybody at that age. As the photos on her nightstand at the end of Titanic demonstrate she did.

I think a biographical film of the character Rose Dawson would be fascinating, and would make a good sequel to the original movie. Only thing is, the subsequent film should not carry Titanic in the title. In other words, no Titanic II: Rose's Boogaloo; but rather something like The Story of Rose Dawson or Rose Dawson: Her Life through Moving Pictures. Make it clear in the marketing that this Rose Dawson is the same as Titanic's Rose Dawson, and it's about her years between the actual sinking and the Titanic movie, and I think you'd have a success.

Old 08-26-2021, 05:06 AM

19,697 posts, read 20,221,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevySpoons View Post
Titanic II: Rose's Boogaloo
^Lmao

Titanic 2 - Never Let Go (Trailer Parody)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIwuLeHnTVI

Old 08-27-2021, 01:43 PM

1,701 posts, read 781,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Titanic 2 - Jack's Back - 2021 Movie Trailer Parody

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4quvCgiuBxs

Oh yeah, this looks good.
Could be a decent horror movie...

A knock at the door around midnight and a quiet whisper, "Rose... I'll NEVER let go."

Old 08-29-2021, 12:54 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
I've always wondered why there has never been a blockbuster George Washington movie. He was literally a real life action hero. His biography would be an amazing story. But with sensibilities where they are now, we're lucky his name isn't banned.
Same with Thomas Jefferson!

He was certainly an enigma.

I read a very interesting article comparing Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, via Mt. Vernon and Monticello. Maybe it isn't everyone's cuppa tea but I loved it, and love comparing the two estates and the two men.

Anyway, back to the Titanic - I hate they made the one a few years ago (the latest one) and I sure don't want a continuation of that mess.

Old 08-29-2021, 01:41 PM

19,031 posts, read 13,937,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Same with Thomas Jefferson!

He was certainly an enigma.

I read a very interesting article comparing Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, via Mt. Vernon and Monticello. Maybe it isn't everyone's cuppa tea but I loved it, and love comparing the two estates and the two men.

Anyway, back to the Titanic - I hate they made the one a few years ago (the latest one) and I sure don't want a continuation of that mess.
Send it to me please if you have it.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 08-29-2021, 04:39 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Send it to me please if you have it.
https://www.jstor.org/stable/2739482

Ask and ye shall receive!

I think this is the one I read - not sure.

Old 08-29-2021, 05:12 PM

19,031 posts, read 13,937,683 times
Thanks!

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 08-29-2021, 05:35 PM

19,013 posts, read 27,562,983 times
Worry not.
Hollywood is not capable of making something original. It can only reproduce old, forgotten ideas and do remakes.
So this will happen, one way or another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts