Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2014, 01:54 PM

26,786 posts, read 22,545,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
How do most Russians like their yogurt, a bit sour and thick and creamy that you can stick a fork in, like in Greece (probably also Turkey), or sweet and liquidity like in western Europe and most of the US and I think also much of Latin America? Or in some other way?

Personally I prefer it a bit sour, thick, creamy, and in the US there is only one truly Greek brand commonly available, maybe others in specialty ethnic stores (Greek, Syrian, Turkish). One time in rural Greece I ate fresh yogurt, fresh as in I actually saw the cow, and it almost knocked me off my feet. .
Bale 002 - meet kefir.

Kefir - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's one of Russia' staple.

The next best thing on earth in this respect is Ryazhenka.

Baked milk - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Both are all-natural products, with no additives or chemicals.

"Yogurt" is something that came from the West.

Quote:

What about coffee? Do most Russians drink filtered coffee like in the
US, or espresso type coffee typical of Italy and some Spanish-speaking
countries, or with the grinds directly in the water that makes sort of a
mud-pile on the bottom, like in Slovakia, for example (where I tried it that way
for the first time), Greece and I think also Turkey (let's call it mud style)?
Or in some other way? Generally speaking, do most people in Russia drink coffee
everyday, basically a national addiction like in most of western Europe and the
Americas? Or is it relatively rare or perhaps only in certain regions or among
certain income groups?

Personally I prefer it espresso style, second mud style, and, third, if no
other choice, filtered.

As an exception, however, in South America I have tasted freshly ground
coffee filtered very slowly through a cloth filter, as opposed to
factory-processed coffee filtered quickly through paper filters which is typical
in the US

Whatever Russians drink ( as far as coffee goes) is nothing what American coffee is like.
It took me some time to get used to it - this kind of coffee wouldn't have been accepted in Russia back in my days.
So coffee Italian style, ( espresso/Turkish style) would do ( although both are less common), German style, French style - whatever, just not American style - I can tell you that much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2014, 07:31 PM

3,102 posts, read 5,617,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
How do most Russians like their yogurt, a bit sour and thick and creamy that you can stick a fork in, like in Greece (probably also Turkey), or sweet and liquidity like in western Europe and most of the US and I think also much of Latin America? Or in some other way?

Personally I prefer it a bit sour, thick, creamy, and in the US there is only one truly Greek brand commonly available, maybe others in specialty ethnic stores (Greek, Syrian, Turkish). One time in rural Greece I ate fresh yogurt, fresh as in I actually saw the cow, and it almost knocked me off my feet.

What about coffee? Do most Russians drink filtered coffee like in the US, or espresso type coffee typical of Italy and some Spanish-speaking countries, or with the grinds directly in the water that makes sort of a mud-pile on the bottom, like in Slovakia, for example (where I tried it that way for the first time), Greece and I think also Turkey (let's call it mud style)? Or in some other way? Generally speaking, do most people in Russia drink coffee everyday, basically a national addiction like in most of western Europe and the Americas? Or is it relatively rare or perhaps only in certain regions or among certain income groups?

Personally I prefer it espresso style, second mud style, and, third, if no other choice, filtered.

As an exception, however, in South America I have tasted freshly ground coffee filtered very slowly through a cloth filter, as opposed to factory-processed coffee filtered quickly through paper filters which is typical in the US.
In Russia, there are all blends Yogurt.
Еrasure ,rights is preferable and more useful.
Coffee also depends on the person. who wants to drink espresso or more. Who wants to drink instant coffee. I prefer espresso and drink it every day in very large quantities.
There are also a lot of coffee drinks such as latte or mate, but you can get them mostly in fasfud or restaurant.

In Russia also many prefer to buy coffee beans, roast them, grind and brew coffee.

Last edited by GreyKarast; 04-26-2014 at 07:42 PM..

Old 04-27-2014, 01:49 AM

14 posts, read 37,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyKarast View Post
Moderator cut: Response to deleted post, see translation below

It's true in jokes.
It's funny that some in the West think that Russian is the most vile and ignoble creature. Here are just only the Russian people to forgive their enemies crime and care about their country and people. Only Russian ready to give their lives so selflessly for another nation .Russian second world forgave the Germans and did not feel hatred when they went to Germany and Berlin . Russian forgive French for the deaths of hundreds thousands of Russian people and the destruction of Moscow. No Frenchman was punished . Russian not robbed France,Unlike Europeans . but we are called barbarians . Russian only responded to the death of the Italians in the crash Mesina and gave their lives to save thousands of Italians. Russian helped unite the German land and joined them after the Second World destroying the Berlin Wall. Then England and France was against it.
That's awesome that you are able to forgive but you should start apologizing to nations in Central and Eastern Europe.

Old 04-27-2014, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdaW View Post
That's awesome that you are able to forgive but you should start apologizing to nations in Central and Eastern Europe.
Why should we and why not Germany?For what? For the fact that you were released from fascism?May not need to do this was?Why not Hungarians, Austrians, why not Lithuanians, why not French, Poles or British?

Old 04-27-2014, 03:19 AM

14 posts, read 37,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyKarast View Post
Why should we and why not Germany?For what? For the fact that you were released from fascism?May not need to do this was?Why not Hungarians, Austrians, why not Lithuanians, why not French, Poles or British?

Germany has changed and now is a civilized country. They apologize at every opportunity and generation of Germans are taught about Nazi Germany crimes.
For what?

1939- Poland

1940- Baltic states

1953- Eastern Germany

1956- Hungary

1968- Czechoslovakia

That's the reason why everybody hates Russia. It's history but Russia is still same **** and apologist people like you are worst.

Old 04-27-2014, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Germany has changed and now is a civilized country. They apologize at every opportunity and generation of Germans are taught about Nazi Germany crimes.
For what?

1939- Poland

1940- Baltic states

1953- Eastern Germany

1956- Hungary

1968- Czechoslovakia

That's the reason why everybody hates Russia. It's history but Russia is still same **** and apologist people like you are worst.
Sorry? Are you kidding? Russia is not a civilized country? Who will return all Russian for all the wars that Europe had attacked Russia and genocide against Russian?The list will be much more. Want to see it?
Maybe you should say thank you !about what you say today is not in German.
Tell us please about '68 in Czechoslovakia? Who was involved, what, why, and who died and what agreements were signed?

Last edited by GreyKarast; 04-27-2014 at 05:27 AM..

Old 04-28-2014, 04:07 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,804,723 times
Why do Russians do this:

Why can't you fetch a chair and sit like normal people?

Old 04-28-2014, 04:22 PM

26,786 posts, read 22,545,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Why do Russians do this:

Because Russians are spontaneous people and they don't plan each and every move three days in advance ( unlike some *other* people.)
So at the moment when they've decided to get together, most likely there were no chairs available.
And unlike *other people* for whom such horrid occurrence would break the party, Russians wouldn't budge.

Old 04-28-2014, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Why do Russians do this:

Yes, erasure rights! looking at this picture I can say that it probably 20 years ago. In the early 90's years, so some people dressed. I think these people expect of something. probably students .it would be very odd to sit outside on chairs at the entrance of what some of the building. Chairs with them that is always drag?

Old 04-28-2014, 07:45 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,815,515 times
Quote:
For what?

1939- Poland

1940- Baltic states

1953- Eastern Germany

1956- Hungary

1968- Czechoslovakia

That would be the USSR, not Russia, Russia was just one of the republics of the USSR. So if people need to apologize, that would be every participant in not only the USSR, but Bolsheviks also, which include a heck of a lot more than just Russians, as many countries had large groups that supported the Bolsheviks and later the USSR. As for 1968, about every Warsaw Pact country was in on that, so everyone needs to apologize.

Russia has changed to; the USSR no longer exists and Russia has gained its independence from it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe