Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 05:57 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,564,935 times

Advertisements

I am with NJBest.

Starbucks, Cleaning lady, and am now considering someone to do yard work. I also like to get take out a couple of times per week so that I can take a break from cooking!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2012, 06:14 PM

4,040 posts, read 7,440,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
Are you married?! If not, how does a single, 31 year old male who makes a decent income and has a nice house sound to you?! Boy I need to find someone who has the same emphasis on cleanliness as I do!!
I may be completely off but are you asking me to marry you?

Old 04-22-2012, 06:21 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,696,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by syracusa View Post
I may be completely off but are you asking me to marry you?
Why not? Haha I need a good wife who can cook, clean, do laundry, and enjoy myself around!

In all honesty, you really do have the same type of outlook that I have as I'd be completely depressed if I had to live in filth yet I don't think I could honestly clean my house myself! Having someone deep clean it every 2 weeks is something I'd be hard pressed to give up!

Old 04-22-2012, 08:25 PM

297 posts, read 740,463 times
Quote:
Why not? Haha I need a good wife who can cook, clean, do laundry, and enjoy myself around!

In all honesty, you really do have the same type of outlook that I have as I'd be completely depressed if I had to live in filth yet I don't think I could honestly clean my house myself!
I agree! What I consider to be "good enough" my gf sees it as "I need to clean this over again".

Old 04-22-2012, 08:29 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
computers. desktop tablet itouche laptop, u name it i got it. the scary part, i do it so i can type on CDF despite my 3 day holidays.

Old 04-22-2012, 08:42 PM

Quote:

In all honesty, you really do have the same type of outlook that I have as I'd be completely depressed if I had to live in filth yet I don't think I could honestly clean my house myself! Having someone deep clean it every 2 weeks is something I'd be hard pressed to give up!
Sorry, taken; but I have a sister, same outlook, same orientation, the works.

Joking aside, I am of the mind that if the wife stays at home and the family is not rich beyond insanity...to the point where BOTH spouses can live off of investment income without ANY OF THEM having to lift a finger (it's only fair, right?)...why should the man have to be economically productive and the woman should not?

Because really...when a woman just stays at home to do "consumption" but nothing in terms of "production" (an economical home-cooked meal is production, by the way) then she just drives the kids to the park or some "mommy-and-me time" fluffly place or volunteers at school... she HARDLY contributes to her family's economic well being in any way beyond perhaps the value of baby-sitting (making sure the kid does not break neck).

Today I meet an endless number of SAHM-s who very candidly admit they do not cook at all, never mind it is also clear they do not clean much or iron...and I wonder how come so many men in this country have come to accept such BS?

In fact, there is evidence showing that a good segment of young men have woken up to the reality and either insist that the woman will have a career of her own/be independent (so she can contribute to family income) or they simply abstain from commitment.

I just know for sure that I would be frustrated as H as a man if I had to bust my butt all day at work only to come home and realize my wife hardly had any activity during the day with some positive economic impact for the family.

Old 04-22-2012, 09:30 PM

5,730 posts, read 10,124,834 times
Quote:
Sorry, taken; but I have a sister, same outlook, same orientation, the works.

Joking aside, I am of the mind that if the wife stays at home and the family is not rich beyond insanity...to the point where BOTH spouses can live off of investment income without ANY OF THEM having to lift a finger (it's only fair, right?)...why should the man have to be economically productive and the woman should not?

Because really...when a woman just stays at home to do "consumption" but nothing in terms of "production" (an economical home-cooked meal is production, by the way) then she just drives the kids to the park or some "mommy-and-me time" fluffly place or volunteers at school... she HARDLY contributes to her family's economic well being in any way beyond perhaps the value of baby-sitting (making sure the kid does not break neck).

Today I meet an endless number of SAHM-s who very candidly admit they do not cook at all, never mind it is also clear they do not clean much or iron...and I wonder how come so many men in this country have come to accept such BS?

In fact, there is evidence showing that a good segment of young men have woken up to the reality and either insist that the woman will have a career of her own/be independent (so she can contribute to family income) or they simply abstain from commitment.

I just know for sure that I would be frustrated as H as a man if I had to bust my butt all day at work only to come home and realize my wife hardly had any activity during the day with some positive economic impact for the family.

...So about your sister...

Old 04-22-2012, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanwithnoname View Post
...So about your sister...
Oh, forget about that!!

Instead go to the Parenting forum (populated largely by women) and save my butt over there where I am about to be grilled alive like a Salem witch - on a thread related to this issue; and take as many guys with you as you can, because perhaps they TOO should be able to have a say or two on the "I- can-do-whatever-I-please-with-my-time" mantra of that certain TYPE of contemporary SAHM.

But seriously... you, western guys have had your butts severely spanked since the 1970's on; and it's gotten progressively worse.

Old 04-22-2012, 09:50 PM

5,730 posts, read 10,124,834 times
Quote:
Oh, forget about that!!

Instead go to the Parenting forum (populated largely by women) and save my butt over there where I am about to be grilled alive like a Salem witch - on a thread related to this issue; and take as many guys with you as you can, because perhaps they TOO should be able to have a say or two on the "I- can-do-whatever-I-please-with-my-time" mantra of that certain TYPE of contemporary SAHM.

But seriously... you, western guys have had your butts severely spanked since the 1970's on; and it's gotten progressively worse.

Link?

Old 04-22-2012, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanwithnoname View Post
Link?
No.
You found it on your own, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living