Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2020, 11:21 AM

1,950 posts, read 1,128,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
its too much for me for a chipotle burrito. i order chipotle on my phone and pick it up in person, i believe the cost is $9.83.

its my preference to bring lunch but when i dont bring, that is often my go to.
This makes sense if you live within a couple minutes of Chipotle. The nearest Chipotle to me is 20 minutes away... so paying the delivery fees, etc. is well worth it if that brings it to just $15.

Old 08-12-2020, 11:26 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,684,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Hospitality View Post
This makes sense if you live within a couple minutes of Chipotle. The nearest Chipotle to me is 20 minutes away... so paying the delivery fees, etc. is well worth it if that brings it to just $15.
i actually do live and work within a 5 minutes of chipotle (different locations, im not working from home). however, when i am home i will never opt for delivery or takeout. its just not worth that premium to be eating in my home.

thats a little different during the coronavirus apocalypse since we are eating with friends some nights during the week and its easier to order delivery for the group. my wife doesnt really like to cook.

Old 08-12-2020, 11:28 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,315,790 times
There are parts of the country where certain demographics will pay $5 and up for a slice of toast.

Frankly I've tried Chipotle burritos several times and I fail to see what's the deal. Not tasty, they make up for lack of meat by stuffing it with rice (rice is much cheaper than meat), not cheap.

You'll do a lot better in my neck of the woods by going to a street vendor cart.

I think Chipotle is "Mexican food" for people who don't like Mexican food or don't know how it tastes.

Old 08-12-2020, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
For your amusement, I offer the burrito that will run you $30 at current exchange rates:

https://www.elazteca.ch/menu/#azteca-menu-pdf

(Yes, Swiss restaurant food really does live up to its expensive reputation, though the pizza plus side salad route there is often reasonably workable for about 30-35 CHF for a two person meal)
Oh yeah, Mexican food in Switzerland! Bet that's REAL tasty!

Old 08-12-2020, 11:58 AM

8,726 posts, read 7,410,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post
There are parts of the country where certain demographics will pay $5 and up for a slice of toast.

Frankly I've tried Chipotle burritos several times and I fail to see what's the deal. Not tasty, they make up for lack of meat by stuffing it with rice (rice is much cheaper than meat), not cheap.

You'll do a lot better in my neck of the woods by going to a street vendor cart.

I think Chipotle is "Mexican food" for people who don't like Mexican food or don't know how it tastes.
You tell them what you want on it, lol. If you do not want rice, or just a little, you tell them so. They have standard portion sizes they use as a default.

Chipolte does not claim to be Mexican food.

Old 08-12-2020, 12:24 PM

1,950 posts, read 1,128,690 times
Quote:

It's made to order. If you want more meat and less rice, just tell them.

If you're calling Chipotle Mexican food, you don't know what Mexican food is. They aren't trying to be Mexican food.

Old 08-12-2020, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Hospitality View Post
It's made to order. If you want more meat and less rice, just tell them.

If you're calling Chipotle Mexican food, you don't know what Mexican food is. They aren't trying to be Mexican food.
You do know that their name is "Chipotle Mexican Grill"?

So I suppose that means they're actually offering Chinese food?

If I want to eat a burrito, I think I'll eat one with actual taste and spices. Not one made for Yankee tastes.

Old 08-12-2020, 01:14 PM

3,287 posts, read 2,021,322 times
Quote:
You do know that their name is "Chipotle Mexican Grill"?

So I suppose that means they're actually offering Chinese food?

If I want to eat a burrito, I think I'll eat one with actual taste and spices. Not one made for Yankee tastes.
This just in...Panda Express Chinese isn't the best expression of Chinese food.

We get it.....

Old 08-12-2020, 03:05 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,684,570 times
Quote:

chipotle isnt my favorite place for a burrito but its a decent burrito for 9.83. i like qdoba and baja fresh more.

just because people eat chipotle doesnt mean its their favorite mexican food. we have limited options and you choose what you feel gives you the best value for what you want at the time.

Old 08-12-2020, 06:48 PM

2,206 posts, read 3,295,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
A $15 dollar burrito is only worth to those who are willing to pay that much for it.
It is not worth to me, but obviously there are people who don't mind the high price.
Well said
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living