Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2016, 06:29 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,559,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadpony View Post
Didn't watch it. Just curious as to the "boss's" demographic. I assume white male. Age?
Yep, white dude, 50s. It just happened to be on when I turned on the tv. The CEO, actually founder, visited about 3-4 different locations, all in TX where the chain is based.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2016, 04:56 PM

4,218 posts, read 8,527,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Yep, white dude, 50s. It just happened to be on when I turned on the tv. The CEO, actually founder, visited about 3-4 different locations, all in TX where the chain is based.
Thank you!

Old 06-15-2016, 07:37 AM

4,590 posts, read 6,419,537 times
I am very excited about Goler's new 757 North Apartments apartment project at Patterson Avenue. It will really add vitality to that edge of center city.

757 North Apartments |

Old 06-18-2016, 11:28 AM

6,610 posts, read 9,030,165 times
A great article in Yes! Weekly about the evolution of downtown Winston-Salem's revitalization: DOWNTOWN WINSTON-SALEM REVITALIZATION FAR FROM AN OVERNIGHT SUCCESS

Old 06-23-2016, 09:45 AM

52 posts, read 69,857 times
The Pepper building has been sold to Pepper Property Investments LLC of Cumming, Ga for $2 million. The new proposal calls for what Mike Coe calls "a very good" boutique hotel. The rumor online says it may be a Hotel Indigo.

Hotel planned for Pepper Building - Winston-Salem Journal: Local News

Old 06-30-2016, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINsalem View Post
The Pepper building has been sold to Pepper Property Investments LLC of Cumming, Ga for $2 million. The new proposal calls for what Mike Coe calls "a very good" boutique hotel. The rumor online says it may be a Hotel Indigo.

Hotel planned for Pepper Building - Winston-Salem Journal: Local News

From the Triad Business Journal: http://www.bizjournals.com/triad/new...el-indigo.html

Finally, confirmation of NC's third Hotel Indigo! Downtown "Triad" building to become Hotel Indigo...not sure where the downtown Triad is, but it seems that TBJ just can't bring itself to headline Winston-Salem for some strange reason. The hotel looks to have about 75 rooms and may include a modern addition that may add more. They are planning to bring back the Sir Winston Steakhouse and add the Prince Albert Bar and Restaurant in the basement space.

http://mayfairstreetpartners.com/projects.htm

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 01-19-2017 at 01:28 AM.. Reason: hotlinking

Old 06-30-2016, 06:52 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,559,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTarheel View Post
From the Triad Business Journal: http://www.bizjournals.com/triad/new...el-indigo.html

Finally, confirmation of NC's third Hotel Indigo! Downtown "Triad" building to become Hotel Indigo...not sure where the downtown Triad is, but it seems that TBJ just can't bring itself to headline Winston-Salem for some strange reason. The hotel looks to have about 75 rooms and may include a modern addition that may add more. They are planning to bring back the Sir Winston Steakhouse and add the Prince Albert Bar and Restaurant in the basement space.

http://mayfairstreetpartners.com/projects.htm
It's a bait headline, plain & simple.

Old 07-01-2016, 09:32 AM

322 posts, read 666,593 times
Yeah, the "Triad" BJ is pretty good at homogenizing. Whether it's using a bait headline common on the Internet to get the suckers to click, or simply murking with people's minds who don't know Asheboro from Eden, or that Mount Airy is nowhere near Mebane, it just cannot be truthful in its reporting. I emailed an editor about this several months back, and remarkably I did get a reply, but it amounted to lame excuses. Never mind you can't read half the posts on TBJ's site because they're locked, so we're more apt to get better and more in depth information from the WSJ or our WSTB forum members anyway. I rather liken the TBJ's inability to say what it means to our President's inability after all these years to call the extremist 'thugs' who terrorize the USA and western Allies Islamic or Muslim. They are not Hindu, or Buddhist, or Jewish, they are Muslim. And Mount Airy is not Mebane. Why has it become so customary to lump everyone together, or be afraid to speak truths these days?

Anyway, Pepper Building redux is great news. Northup & O'Brien I'm sure would be pleased to know its Art Deco classic is up for some love. And hopefully anyone out there that catches a TBJ piece of bait will know or eventually learn from a credible source that the Pepper Building is not in Burlington, but Winston-Salem. And hopefully soon, the editors will explain exactly where the downtown of the Triad is located.

Old 07-14-2016, 03:03 PM

I'm finished arguing something that is my opinion (and many others) and not up for inane discussion...I don't continuously do anything and if you don't like what I have to say then stop reading it.

In non-BS news: "Historic Pepper Building’s conversion into hotel starts next week" Historic Pepper Building

Old 07-15-2016, 08:55 AM

1,266 posts, read 2,628,328 times
I'm excited for the new Hotel Indigo to open in the Pepper Building. I'm looking forward to a weekend stay at the Kimpton Cardinal in several weeks, as I watched their progress dating to when the project was announced. We may have to plan another local stay at the Indigo when it opens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point