Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2015, 06:29 AM

4,639 posts, read 6,378,960 times

Advertisements

Here's another step forward for Winston-Salem's arts community:

"Art for Art’s Sake, a local nonprofit that spearheaded the city’s urban park ARTivity on the Green that opened earlier this year, announced this week plans for a downtown headquarters. Part of the second floor will be home to 10 artist studios.
The new headquarters also will house the Unleashed Arts Center, AFAS’ boardroom and about 2,000 square feet of leasable space.

And Red Dog Gallery will relocate from Trade Street to the first floor, along with Studio 2, a jewelry studio and educational space currently on Sixth Street."

http://www.bizjournals.com/triad/new...1&t=1446121516
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2015, 11:30 AM

7,330 posts, read 15,382,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinadawg2 View Post
Here's another step forward for Winston-Salem's arts community:

"Art for Art’s Sake, a local nonprofit that spearheaded the city’s urban park ARTivity on the Green that opened earlier this year, announced this week plans for a downtown headquarters. Part of the second floor will be home to 10 artist studios.
The new headquarters also will house the Unleashed Arts Center, AFAS’ boardroom and about 2,000 square feet of leasable space.

And Red Dog Gallery will relocate from Trade Street to the first floor, along with Studio 2, a jewelry studio and educational space currently on Sixth Street."

http://www.bizjournals.com/triad/new...1&t=1446121516
That should be a neat addition. I understand (from either that or a different article) that they're going to try for a really unique look for the AFAS building. And it's a nice piece of infill, tying together that new Camel City BBQ with ARTivity and the businesses along Trade. And with Wise Man Brewing coming in just north of MLK, that area is kinda bumping.

Old 11-05-2015, 02:05 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,628,328 times
The Kimpton Hotel ("Cardinal Hotel") and apartments ("The Residents at the RJ Reynolds Building" getting closer. Their Facebook page is up https://www.facebook.com/TheRJReynoldsBuilding/; still working on their website The Residences at The R.J. Reynolds Building in Winston-Salem, NC | PMC Property Group Apartments (directs to the property management page for now).
The site says the unit features will include:
- Modern kitchens with granite countertops, stainless steel appliances, under-mounted sinks, and breakfast bar
- In-unit washer & dryer
- High ceilings and expansive double-pane windows with custom window shades and abundant natural light
- Breathtaking city views unlike any other in Winston-Salem
- Hardwood floors throughout
- High-efficiency, individually controlled A/C and heat
- High-efficiency, LED lighting
- Cable-ready
- High-speed Internet available through Time-Warner
The property amenities will include:
- Two-lane bowling alley
- Half-court indoor basketball
- State-of-the-art fitness center with cardio and strength-training equipment, and cross-training features like climbing bars and peg boards
- Game lounge with ping pong, shuffleboard, billiards, poker, foosball, and more
- Roof deck with free WiFi
- Resident lounge with free WiFi, work spaces, and big-screen televisions
- On-site Kimpton Boutique Hotel with valet — The Cardinal
- In-apartment dining from on-site Kimpton Restaurant
- Resident bicycle storage with pump and tool station
- Controlled access
- Elevator
- Pet friendly

The website for the hotel is up: http://www.thecardinalhotel.com/

Last edited by emelvee; 11-05-2015 at 03:00 PM..

Old 11-10-2015, 08:26 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,030,165 times
Another new residential development for downtown Winston-Salem...The Heights at Patterson Avenue. 105 residential units, 96,000 square feet, 4 floors.

Patterson Avenue Apartments |

Old 11-12-2015, 06:31 AM

And another new condo development in downtown Winston-Salem, the redevelopment of the 6 story building at 4th and Marshall Streets where Gold's Gym is located. 21 loft-type condos with high, exposed ceilings, open floor plans and high end finishes.

http://www.bizjournals.com/triad/new...1&t=1447334773

Old 11-13-2015, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinadawg2 View Post
And another new condo development in downtown Winston-Salem, the redevelopment of the 6 story building at 4th and Marshall Streets where Gold's Gym is located. 21 loft-type condos with high, exposed ceilings, open floor plans and high end finishes.

http://www.bizjournals.com/triad/new...1&t=1447334773
That's actually the same as this project (The Twin City Building), posted one page back:

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 01-19-2017 at 01:22 AM.. Reason: hotlinking

Old 12-02-2015, 11:59 AM

47 posts, read 48,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emelvee View Post
Went to Hickory Tavern for lunch today. The burgers sounded good, but I had the "Oregon cedar plank salmon" or whatever fancy name they had for it. I'm no foodie, but it was very good to me. Caesar salad (didn't care for the that so much) to start and a side of rice (basic "yellow rice") with the entree. I got there just after 11:00 am, and they were seriously overstaffed for the number of people working there. Reminded me of Bad Daddy's when it opened - lots of staff standing around with nothing to do. It seemed a bit pricey for lunchtime. But I'll probably be back to try a burger, and to bring the family for a dinner. They have a crazy number of tvs in the place - I think their sign said 50.

Now I need to venture down Hanes Mall Blvd to see if the new Zaxby's has opened yet - I've been waiting for one in that area for the 4 years I've worked nearby.
edit: Zaxby's website shows the Oxford Station restaurant as open, but the map on the site is way off from where it's actually located.
W a i t i n g for Z A X B Y' S?????????? Zaxby's? THE Zaxby's. O M G

Old 12-07-2015, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reluctantcackalackian View Post
W a i t i n g for Z A X B Y' S?????????? Zaxby's? THE Zaxby's. O M G

You do know there are several Zaxby's in the W-S area...right?

Old 12-15-2015, 08:45 AM

Update on the redevelopment of the former GMAC building, along with possible new residential towers:

http://www.bizjournals.com/triad/blo...1&t=1450194130

Old 12-15-2015, 09:05 AM

4,590 posts, read 6,419,537 times
A lot going on Downtown. I really like the notion of packing more residential in city center and extending vitality down Fourth and Fifth toward Broad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point