Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 11:53 AM

183 posts, read 303,308 times

Advertisements

I really can't believe we're gonna have a Bass and a Cabela's. I used to think we would never get a Best Buy Magnolia shop or a an Ikea, maybe.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2014, 12:03 PM

I seems like a we are finally at critical mass for a lot of desired retailers to move in and a whole bunch of other stuff. There comes a point where everything going on takes on a momentum of it's own instead of politicians and business people having to make everything happen. If all the residential planned DT happens get ready for some huge upgrades down there. This town is truly about to become one of the best cities in the nation to live in if all this happens. Up until now as much as I love Greenville I felt like just a little of it was hype. With such a low unemployment trend median incomes are going to go up significantly. Educated people with money are going to move here in droves and the quality of everything is going to shoot through the roof. I moved her almost 10 years ago believing that what seems to be happening now was going to take place and I really think we are right on the edge of some absolutely amazing growth. I can totally see us having as much stuff and quality of life as a Charlotte, Austin TX, Atlanta or San Antonio without all the crap those places have to go along with it because of their size. Greenville is awesome!!!

Old 04-20-2014, 04:37 PM

1,892 posts, read 3,085,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBNY2GRNVL View Post
I seems like a we are finally at critical mass for a lot of desired retailers to move in and a whole bunch of other stuff. There comes a point where everything going on takes on a momentum of it's own instead of politicians and business people having to make everything happen. If all the residential planned DT happens get ready for some huge upgrades down there. This town is truly about to become one of the best cities in the nation to live in if all this happens. Up until now as much as I love Greenville I felt like just a little of it was hype. With such a low unemployment trend median incomes are going to go up significantly. Educated people with money are going to move here in droves and the quality of everything is going to shoot through the roof. I moved her almost 10 years ago believing that what seems to be happening now was going to take place and I really think we are right on the edge of some absolutely amazing growth. I can totally see us having as much stuff and quality of life as a Charlotte, Austin TX, Atlanta or San Antonio without all the crap those places have to go along with it because of their size. Greenville is awesome!!!

Your missing a major point. All the crap you mention 'comes' with the surging growth you are hoping for. It is the price you pay.
What you are writing is called idealism.

I remember when Austin was a small pristine city surrounded by some of the prettiest country. It is still a beautiful city, but what it has in addition to the NICE that came to town, is the NOT SO NICE. It cannot be avoided.

And if you haven't figured it out. The smaller cities like Greenville, do as you suggested , grow because people come from elsewhere for various reasons. The people migrate from larger cities that are becoming unlivable for many.
This is just a cycle of the human condition and will not be stopped.

I always think; be careful of what you wish.

raj

Old 04-20-2014, 05:28 PM

Crap huh?

Old 04-20-2014, 10:46 PM

1,892 posts, read 3,085,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBNY2GRNVL View Post
Crap huh?

This is a direct quote from you: "I can totally see us having as much stuff and quality of life as a Charlotte, Austin TX, Atlanta or San Antonio without all the crap those places have to go along with it because of their size. Greenville is awesome!!!"

Please recognize your own comments and don't imply they belong to someone else.

Raj

Old 04-21-2014, 07:56 AM

97 posts, read 160,318 times
Don't forget about the QT sign (coming soon) that has been up for a while. It's on the opposite end near the northbound entrance. I would imagine they will time their build up as well.

Old 04-21-2014, 01:24 PM

9,501 posts, read 9,818,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WallStreetNole View Post
Don't forget about the QT sign (coming soon) that has been up for a while. It's on the opposite end near the northbound entrance. I would imagine they will time their build up as well.
That's been up for nearly a year. I'm sure as construction starts a BPS, QT will start building at that site.

Old 04-21-2014, 05:27 PM

21,023 posts, read 27,249,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
To qualify for the tax incentives, a hotel must also be included.
Quote:
Bass Pro Shop has been interested in Spartanburg for the past seven years and asked for no special tax incentives or special treatment from the county.
Quote:
At the very least, the development must include a hotel space in order for it to qualify for special tax credits through the state.
It seems Bass Pro Shops is coming in on its own accord without any assistance from any level of government.

Old 04-21-2014, 09:45 PM

180 posts, read 341,648 times
I'm surprised to see that bass pro shops is managing the retail center. I wonder what shops and restaurants they will chose. Is this the first time they have owned a retail outlet?

Old 04-22-2014, 09:11 AM

21,023 posts, read 27,249,611 times
A report has Bass Pro Shops speaking with the city of Greer in regards to being annexed into the city.

Allen, Cheryl P. "Bass Pro site may be annexed by Greer." Greater Greer News. 2014-04-21. GreenvilleOnline.com. 2014-04-22. <http://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/news/local/greer/2014/04/21/bass-pro-site-may-annexed-greer/7977065/>
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area