Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2023, 01:37 PM

5,158 posts, read 7,346,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Could be wrong but I just have a feeling that many of the new Popeye's locations in the upstate will not be around in a few years. Bojangle's seems to be the more established and popular choice in the Carolina's and Popeye's doesn't have the breakfast business to fall back on like Bo's.
Popeyes in the Upstate has been a major desired issue here for a long time. Then at long last they finally arrived, a few years before the Covid problems. Now they just need to address service and and quality control issues. Their fried chicken is an excellent product, and their chicken sandwich of national fame is top notch. Bojangles also has a good product and an upgraded chicken sandwich. Meanwhile KFC seems to have declined recently and has closed major locations in Mauldin on Butler Rd. and also Woodruff Rd. in Greenville.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2023, 02:45 PM

4,600 posts, read 6,007,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
Meanwhile KFC seems to have declined recently and has closed major locations in Mauldin on Butler Rd. and also Woodruff Rd. in Greenville.
Speaking of KFC, I tried their new chicken nuggets last week. Mine were larger in size than the nuggets you get at CFA and just as tasty. Good product IMO. I will get them again for sure. They are only available in the original so far but that is what I normally get over the extra crispy anyway. I think they have a winner for folks who don't like chicken on the bone or don't want the bread of a sandwich.

Old 04-12-2023, 03:11 PM

17,563 posts, read 15,226,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
Meanwhile KFC seems to have declined recently and has closed major locations in Mauldin on Butler Rd. and also Woodruff Rd. in Greenville.

I will mention that I'm running out of time. I believe I called that the KFC building on Mauldin Rd would have something happening with it by June.. We're.. Getting awful close and the building still seems to have the "Available" sign out front.

I stand by saying that is a premium location and am shocked someone hasn't snapped that up already.

Old 04-12-2023, 11:29 PM

4 posts, read 4,962 times
Quote:
Speaking of chicken Pollo Campero is returning to Greenville in the Cherrydale area. They want to add close to a dozen franchise units in SC and 24 in NC. Their US headquarters is in Dallas Tx.

https://us.campero.com/
Awesome -- I remember eating there in DFW and at similar places when I lived in central Mexico, north of Mexico City. Delicious!

Old 04-13-2023, 06:25 AM

7,258 posts, read 4,624,529 times
Zaxby’s coming to rt29 & Nazareth Church Rd at i85 exit66, next to the 7-11. Building mostly framed now with coming soon sign out front.

Old 04-13-2023, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychoma View Post
Zaxby’s coming to rt29 & Nazareth Church Rd at i85 exit66, next to the 7-11. Building mostly framed now with coming soon sign out front.
I wonder if it will be their new "To Go" only concept without a dining room? They recently replaced the dine in location in Clemson with this new prototype.

https://www.zaxbys.com/news-media/Cl...only-prototype

Old 04-14-2023, 09:53 PM

106 posts, read 196,520 times
Easley is getting a couple of new food and snack places. In addition to the Habit Burger and 2nd free standing Starbucks on 123, at the Town Center a Fresh Burger is taking the place of Miyabi Jr and also a Crumbl Cookies is going next to Game Stop. There is also a food hall opening 2024 at the Southern Weaving development, hopefully some unique choices will open there.

Old 04-15-2023, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scmartin View Post
Easley is getting a couple of new food and snack places. In addition to the Habit Burger and 2nd free standing Starbucks on 123, at the Town Center a Fresh Burger is taking the place of Miyabi Jr and also a Crumbl Cookies is going next to Game Stop. There is also a food hall opening 2024 at the Southern Weaving development, hopefully some unique choices will open there.
Fresh Burger opened in the former Golden Chick in Greenwood. Haven't tried it but Drive thru line is always long and out to the road. I think they are out of Anderson as that is their original location. I'm surprised they would open in a strip mall location without a drive thru. Is the Golden Chick at Easley Town Center still open or is the building vacant or occupied by something else?

Old 04-15-2023, 01:13 PM

106 posts, read 196,520 times
Quote:
Fresh Burger opened in the former Golden Chick in Greenwood. Haven't tried it but Drive thru line is always long and out to the road. I think they are out of Anderson as that is their original location. I'm surprised they would open in a strip mall location without a drive thru. Is the Golden Chick at Easley Town Center still open or is the building vacant or occupied by something else?
I thought that was strange myself. The Golden Chick building is still empty, seems like they would have gone for that instead.

Old 04-16-2023, 09:23 AM

5,158 posts, read 7,346,591 times
The Golden Chick seems to have bombed everywhere in the Upstate. Still strong in Texas. Good product and yeast rolls but never caught on here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area