Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2022, 06:45 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,886,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildflowers27 View Post
I remember your detail that he had his shirt sleeves rolled up. I liked that about him. Your husband sounds like he was a very good man.
Thank you so much. Yes, he was a TERRIFIC guy. He was handsome, cheerful, a jokester, and yet also very gentlemanly and chivalrous. I was lucky, lucky, lucky to be blessed by his love. He was precious.

Today is the anniversary of the day that I saw him pull out of our driveway for the last time. I think in about an hour or so two years ago. Sad.

Old 08-24-2022, 07:03 AM

3,426 posts, read 3,342,416 times
I remember your posting of your hubby's passing.

I know you're still feeling that void, Kathryn, and I'm sorry.

I offer a virtual ((((hug)))) of comfort and advise: Stay strong! But I know it's tough. Hang in there.

Old 08-24-2022, 08:58 AM

10,048 posts, read 18,064,388 times
Oh, KA, I remember that post ... I saw the thread title, thought "how sad," then I saw that YOU were the OP and I just couldn't believe it. I'd been following your swimming pool thread and thinking how much you and your husband were going to enjoy it in the Texas heat. Then, the horrible shock of his sudden death.

As you know I follow a lot of your posts so I know how amazing you are. I think I would have curled up in a ball and not talked to anyone for a year. I know how incredibly devastated you were, but you handled everything so well.

And now you have a new house (and have decorated it beautifully, as usual!) and 2 new kitties and I know you still miss your husband, but you have handled it all with style and grace.

I admire you tremendously. But I think you already know that too.

Old 08-24-2022, 10:08 AM

9,412 posts, read 11,156,929 times
Yup, this is how we're wired. I guess.
Some things we never get over. We change. We deal with it.

I talk to my wife every day. I joke about stuff we laughed about. I do funny stuff that made her laugh. I thank the cats when they sleep or lounge on her space. She loved lap cat. I try to do the tasks I must do before I depart.

Old 08-24-2022, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
Yup, this is how we're wired. I guess.
Some things we never get over. We change. We deal with it.

I talk to my wife every day. I joke about stuff we laughed about. I do funny stuff that made her laugh. I thank the cats when they sleep or lounge on her space. She loved lap cat. I try to do the tasks I must do before I depart.
I agree and I talk to my husband and smile at funny things and memories and ongoing stuff that he'd find funny (he had a terrific sense of humor). But you're right - some things we just never get over and I don't think I will ever get over the shock and suddenness of his death, or just the fact that we had each other and now he's just gone. Never ever ever to return. Ugh.

Old 08-24-2022, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
Oh, KA, I remember that post ... I saw the thread title, thought "how sad," then I saw that YOU were the OP and I just couldn't believe it. I'd been following your swimming pool thread and thinking how much you and your husband were going to enjoy it in the Texas heat. Then, the horrible shock of his sudden death.

As you know I follow a lot of your posts so I know how amazing you are. I think I would have curled up in a ball and not talked to anyone for a year. I know how incredibly devastated you were, but you handled everything so well.

And now you have a new house (and have decorated it beautifully, as usual!) and 2 new kitties and I know you still miss your husband, but you have handled it all with style and grace.

I admire you tremendously. But I think you already know that too.
Thank you so much, my friend. What a kind and touching post.

I can't tell you how glad I am that we built that pool and that he enjoyed it so much during his last summer on this earth. I have a video of him in it, in fact, and I wouldn't take a million dollars for it. He was laughing and talking with our old dog (who is still alive!). He was swimming with her. I have watched that about a gazillion times.

Aside note - normally I would have taken a loss on the pool, but here's the really interesting thing. The house I bought, I bought RIGHT BEFORE the housing bubble hit. Then I sold the house with the pool, after the housing bubble hit. So between the two, I didn't lose a penny on the pool, thank goodness.

I definitely felt like he would approve of that!

As for the other stuff, yes, as you know, I was devastated by losing him. Absolutely gobsmacked too. But here's how I feel about it - I firmly believe that God doesn't place value on time per se. So his age didn't matter. And I also believe that his days on this earth were numbered from the beginning of time (see how I can't get away from that concept? LOL). I believe I was blessed to have him in my life. And I believe it's my duty to be all I can be, so to speak, for as long as I am here - that may be till later this afternoon, or for 30 more years or whatever. So I do thank you because I am just trying to bring glory to God through my life. I don't always succeed but thankfully He doesn't require perfection. Just trying, I believe.

Old 08-24-2022, 05:37 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,448,254 times
And we here, Believe in you Kathryn!
We believe you'll share and allow guidance to be welcomed.

Each ' circle back' to that moment of loss is never duplicated. It sometimes will be ' wow, why aren't I ( fill in the feeling).
One year ( I think it was the fourth or fifth anniversary of a deep loss I had) went completely passed. I had been absorbed in a career matter. Then about ten days later I woke up utterly sobbing. Out of no where . Then I said .. ohh so it's not a calendar time... It happens out of the blue.
Which reminds me... I recall how you spoke of your husband's eyes. I pray the sky is that shade when you give pause to his life and how he lived it with you! Such love .

Old 08-24-2022, 08:11 PM

2,274 posts, read 1,668,480 times
Thinking of you, Kathryn, during this week.

I also was following your fantastic pool plans and then construction. I was just stunned when you posted about your sweet husband’s passing. It was so shocking.

Your shared thoughts and feelings of the past two years have surely helped many people so I hope you are aware of that.

Old 08-24-2022, 10:31 PM

7,088 posts, read 4,521,984 times
It’s amazing how fast time is going. It’s hard to believe it’s already been 2 years. I have followed your journey and you are a strong amazing person. Sending a giant hug).

Old 08-25-2022, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrock4 View Post
Thinking of you, Kathryn, during this week.

I also was following your fantastic pool plans and then construction. I was just stunned when you posted about your sweet husband’s passing. It was so shocking.

Your shared thoughts and feelings of the past two years have surely helped many people so I hope you are aware of that.
I'm so, so grateful that he got to spend a summer enjoying that pool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning