Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Health Insurance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 07:23 AM

399 posts, read 705,620 times

Advertisements

Why is health care so expensive. Where I'm working for me and hubby they want almost 1200. a month. That makes it almost 14000.00 a year. How do you survive on the remainder for living expenses?

Wanting to find something cheaper? Is there a possibility out there.

Thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2012, 11:51 AM

5,139 posts, read 8,856,088 times
If you are both healthy, maybe you could go on a high deductible which would bring your costs down.

Old 08-08-2012, 12:48 PM

399 posts, read 705,620 times
That is with a 5,000. deductible by work! I just can't believe what the US charges for health insurance. Not use to paying this and for now I've declined it cause that eats a little more than half my salary. I can't live on the rest and pay bills. Yikes!

Old 08-08-2012, 01:21 PM

10,115 posts, read 19,422,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylee11 View Post
That is with a 5,000. deductible by work! I just can't believe what the US charges for health insurance. Not use to paying this and for now I've declined it cause that eats a little more than half my salary. I can't live on the rest and pay bills. Yikes!

High insurance costs are a fact of life here in the USA. But, if I were you, I wouldn't pay for insurance, neither. If you get sick, just go to the nearest ER, let the US taxpayers pay for your health care.

Old 08-08-2012, 03:53 PM

7,523 posts, read 13,645,526 times
Exclamation Become a congressperson

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
High insurance costs are a fact of life here in the USA. But, if I were you, I wouldn't pay for insurance, neither. If you get sick, just go to the nearest ER, let the US taxpayers pay for your health care.
Or she needs to get elected to Congress . Taxpayer funded and she can go anywhere she wants for care

Old 08-08-2012, 07:05 PM

5,089 posts, read 15,411,820 times
You want reasonable priced healthcare. You can go live in Massachusetts. Mitt Romney gave the people of the State this good health care system. That model in Massachusetts was used as the model for the Affordable Care Act which is 2014 will give you that choose of affordable healthcare. Or you can vote for Romney who has vowed to repeal this Act and you continue on with your miserable problems. Makes you wonder why Romney would oppose a healthcare reform that he champion in his State. Some politicians will give into pressure to get votes, even though in their heart they believe something else.

Romney aide's health care remarks spark flap

Livecontent

Old 08-08-2012, 11:09 PM

2,985 posts, read 1,572,175 times
Looks like Maryland is weighing a single payer plan.

Healthcare-NOW! - What a Single Payer Health Insurance Plan Looks Like (Video)

We really need to divorce Health Care from Insurance Companies, like all the nations who have the highest life expediencies and lowest infant moralities do. Unfortunately their lobbyists have unlimited access to our so called representatives.

Old 08-09-2012, 05:52 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,342,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livecontent View Post
You want reasonable priced healthcare. You can go live in Massachusetts. Mitt Romney gave the people of the State this good health care system. That model in Massachusetts was used as the model for the Affordable Care Act which is 2014 will give you that choose of affordable healthcare. Or you can vote for Romney who has vowed to repeal this Act and you continue on with your miserable problems. Makes you wonder why Romney would oppose a healthcare reform that he champion in his State. Some politicians will give into pressure to get votes, even though in their heart they believe something else.

Romney aide's health care remarks spark flap

Livecontent
Or Minnesota...her portion of the monthly premiums is more than the total cost of a HIGH cost plan here. For company plans, it is mostly their claim experience that sets the rates and if people are running to the dr for every little sneeze, your rates are going to be high. Also if you work somewhere that has a lot of smokers, overweight people, etc., expect to pay more.

Old 08-09-2012, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benshaton View Post
Looks like Maryland is weighing a single payer plan.

Healthcare-NOW! - What a Single Payer Health Insurance Plan Looks Like (Video)

We really need to divorce Health Care from Insurance Companies, like all the nations who have the highest life expediencies and lowest infant moralities do. Unfortunately their lobbyists have unlimited access to our so called representatives.
I totally agree. We need to get rid of their control and the profits that they suck in from the system.

Old 08-09-2012, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgal View Post
Or Minnesota...her portion of the monthly premiums is more than the total cost of a HIGH cost plan here. For company plans, it is mostly their claim experience that sets the rates and if people are running to the dr for every little sneeze, your rates are going to be high. Also if you work somewhere that has a lot of smokers, overweight people, etc., expect to pay more.
Many of the progressive liberal states have good health care systems in place. It is surprising that the population of these States tend to support Obama and his health care initiatives. The poorer States, with the most need and have the worse health; have no good health care systems in place, support Romney to destroy the new law that will benefit them. I am talking about States like Mississippi and other states of the deep south which obesity and lifestyle issues that affect health.

Livecontent
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Health Insurance