Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2021, 04:35 PM

4,244 posts, read 8,765,482 times

Advertisements

What’s the over/ under on homicides tonight in Houston? I’m going to put it at 3 since it’s a Friday night smh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2021, 07:11 PM

34 posts, read 31,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrTown View Post
Gun culture. Easy access to guns and ammo and open carry--nobody bats an eye on somebody packing heat, especially caucasian males. More guns in circulation = easier to commit crime.
You know why nobody bats an eye that Caucasian males are carrying? Because it's black males that are committing the most crime.

Old 06-13-2021, 07:29 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,932,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0y88 View Post
You know why nobody bats an eye that Caucasian males are carrying? Because it's black males that are committing the most crime.
Actually that is not true

https://drrichswier.com/2020/06/28/96876/DOJ data on arrests by race:

69% are white.
27% are black.
2% are American Indian.
1.4% are Asian.
DOJ data on violent crime arrests by race:

58% are white
37.8% are black
2% are American Indian
1.9% are Asian

this site talks about homicides.

https://www.usnews.com/news/articles...by-the-numbers

The number of black people who killed whites and the number of whites who killed blacks climbed to levels not seen since 2008, accounting last year for their largest percentages of U.S. homicides of black and white victims since at least the start of the century, according to the crime data.

The statistics show that the 500 killings of white people attributed to blacks last year were the most since black perpetrators were determined to be responsible for the homicides of 504 white people nationwide in 2008. Last year's total was up 12 percent from the 446 recorded in 2014 and 22 percent from the 409 seen in 2013, a year that saw the lowest total this century and one that capped seven years of general declines in black-on-white homicides. Prior to that, 2006 saw the most black-on-white killings since 2001, with 573.

The 229 black lives taken by white killers last year, however, marked an even larger leap from 2014, jumping more than 22 percent from the 187 black victims killed by whites that year, which was the second-lowest total since 2001. The tally was last exceeded in 2008, when 230 blacks were slain by whites. The highest total in the last 15 years came in 2007, when 245 black people were killed by whites.

Old 06-14-2021, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
Actually that is not true

https://drrichswier.com/2020/06/28/96876/DOJ data on arrests by race:

69% are white.
27% are black.
2% are American Indian.
1.4% are Asian.
DOJ data on violent crime arrests by race:

58% are white
37.8% are black
2% are American Indian
1.9% are Asian

this site talks about homicides.

https://www.usnews.com/news/articles...by-the-numbers

The number of black people who killed whites and the number of whites who killed blacks climbed to levels not seen since 2008, accounting last year for their largest percentages of U.S. homicides of black and white victims since at least the start of the century, according to the crime data.

The statistics show that the 500 killings of white people attributed to blacks last year were the most since black perpetrators were determined to be responsible for the homicides of 504 white people nationwide in 2008. Last year's total was up 12 percent from the 446 recorded in 2014 and 22 percent from the 409 seen in 2013, a year that saw the lowest total this century and one that capped seven years of general declines in black-on-white homicides. Prior to that, 2006 saw the most black-on-white killings since 2001, with 573.

The 229 black lives taken by white killers last year, however, marked an even larger leap from 2014, jumping more than 22 percent from the 187 black victims killed by whites that year, which was the second-lowest total since 2001. The tally was last exceeded in 2008, when 230 blacks were slain by whites. The highest total in the last 15 years came in 2007, when 245 black people were killed by whites.
Your first link is a personal blog and your second link states this:

"Overall, killings of blacks by whites and whites by blacks accounted for about 12 percent of the roughly 6,000 homicides last year in which police had information about the race of both victim and killer – a slight increase from around 11 percent in 2014. About 15.8 percent of white victims were killed by blacks last year, and 8.6 percent of black victims were killed by whites."

Black people make up smaller portion of the population and yet contribute to the most crime. More so than much larger white population. They're also responsible for a majority of the recent hate crimes against Asian Americans.

Old 06-14-2021, 07:21 AM

4,385 posts, read 4,629,417 times
Quote:
Your first link is a personal blog and your second link states this:

"Overall, killings of blacks by whites and whites by blacks accounted for about 12 percent of the roughly 6,000 homicides last year in which police had information about the race of both victim and killer – a slight increase from around 11 percent in 2014. About 15.8 percent of white victims were killed by blacks last year, and 8.6 percent of black victims were killed by whites."

Black people make up smaller portion of the population and yet contribute to the most crime. More so than much larger white population. They're also responsible for a majority of the recent hate crimes against Asian Americans.
Here we go with the racist propaganda

From 1992-2014 74.6 of reported Anti-Asian hate crimes were committed by White assailants.

https://www.newsweek.com/stop-blamin...pinion-1577887

Donald Trump ( A white man) pushed the narrative of the China-Flu throughout media. I don't recall Black people being his biggest audience. I believed those who violently stormed capitol hill were his biggest fanbase who hung on to his every word.

Now you mean to tell me racist White people in America had a change of heart? Historically and currently White Americans have committed more hate crimes than any other group in this country? But now they stopped the Asian-Hate and just kept it at everybody else? A slew of youtube videos showing young Black wreckless teens and mentally ill Black homeless men is not a representative of Black people by and large. Frankly there's hidden agendas involved when when certain Youtubers/ Twitter accounts and certain media outlets pushed the narrative of the violent Black male targeting the helpless Asian American. It's a lot more complexity to the Black and Asian relationship in America that these video clips intentionally leave out.

Also you spoke a couple of post ago about people not batting an eye with White gun owners. Since we want to go there. Tell that to those killed in mass shootings by White males in this country. Let's talk about those random acts of violence.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...hooter-s-race/

Old 06-14-2021, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlionjr View Post
Here we go with the racist propaganda

From 1992-2014 74.6 of reported Anti-Asian hate crimes were committed by White assailants.

https://www.newsweek.com/stop-blamin...pinion-1577887

Donald Trump ( A white man) pushed the narrative of the China-Flu throughout media. I don't recall Black people being his biggest audience. I believed those who violently stormed capitol hill were his biggest fanbase who hung on to his every word.

Now you mean to tell me racist White people in America had a change of heart? Historically and currently White Americans have committed more hate crimes than any other group in this country? But now they stopped the Asian-Hate and just kept it at everybody else? A slew of youtube videos showing young Black wreckless teens and mentally ill Black homeless men is not a representative of Black people by and large. Frankly there's hidden agendas involved when when certain Youtubers/ Twitter accounts and certain media outlets pushed the narrative of the violent Black male targeting the helpless Asian American. It's a lot more complexity to the Black and Asian relationship in America that these video clips intentionally leave out.

Also you spoke a couple of post ago about people not batting an eye with White gun owners. Since we want to go there. Tell that to those killed in mass shootings by White males in this country. Let's talk about those random acts of violence.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...hooter-s-race/
WTF does the people who were at Capitol Hill have to do with Asian hate crime?

"In 2018, there were 182,230 reports of Asian victims. Of these, the offender was white 24% of the
time and Black 28% of the time. For comparison, the US population is 62% White, 12% Black, 17%
Hispanic, and 6% Asian.
So while the US population has more white people than black people, Asians are victimized in violent
crime by Black people more often than by Black people even without adjusting for the population
difference."

https://www.palmny.org/uploads/1/5/6...statistics.pdf

I literally watch videos and read news articles and talk to Asian people about their experience from the hate crimes committed by blacks. Maybe if black people stop glorifying criminal culture in America and start valuing education, we'd have a lot less crime.

Furthermore, Your second statistic doesn't account for gang involved shooting that kills or injuries more than a single person. It's only counted by just that; gang shooting. If there was honest reporting, you'd see that blacks once again take first place again.

Old 06-14-2021, 08:26 AM

8,355 posts, read 5,517,461 times
I dont know if this will make sense, but here goes.

When the anti-Asian crimes in California and New York started becoming an issue, I was not surprised that most of the perpetrators were African American. However, Im also not surprised that most of the anti-Asian crimes in the South have come from white perpetrators.

The things boiling to the surface now have been festering for years. In California (and LA especially) relations between black and Asian Americans have been extremely poor over the years. I saw it growing up among friends I had of both groups. There was a great resentment in black communities that so many businesses were owned by Asians they felt treated them poorly. The Asian community truly looked down on them especially in the timeframe between the 70s and the year 2000. The murder of Latasha Harlins happened and then Rodney King happened. I think that because there was so much focus on white racism, the proper dialogues never happened between those groups.

On the other hand, those factors were never really at play in the South and the racism was more of an issue of white people. Asians in larger numbers were a more recent arrival in the South and there wasnt as much the issue of Asians buying large numbers of businesses in this part of the country.

I hope that puts it as delicately.

Old 06-14-2021, 09:21 AM

4,385 posts, read 4,629,417 times
Quote:
WTF does the people who were at Capitol Hill have to do with Asian hate crime?

"In 2018, there were 182,230 reports of Asian victims. Of these, the offender was white 24% of the
time and Black 28% of the time. For comparison, the US population is 62% White, 12% Black, 17%
Hispanic, and 6% Asian.
So while the US population has more white people than black people, Asians are victimized in violent
crime by Black people more often than by Black people even without adjusting for the population
difference."

https://www.palmny.org/uploads/1/5/6...statistics.pdf

I literally watch videos and read news articles and talk to Asian people about their experience from the hate crimes committed by blacks. Maybe if black people stop glorifying criminal culture in America and start valuing education, we'd have a lot less crime.

Furthermore, Your second statistic doesn't account for gang involved shooting that kills or injuries more than a single person. It's only counted by just that; gang shooting. If there was honest reporting, you'd see that blacks once again take first place again.
You got that information from Pastoral and Laity Ministries who got that from a Anti-Black Pro Republican website called Finance Geek. Disguising itself as a Financial literacy website. And you wonder why I brought up the Capitol Hill incident?

You forgot this excerpt from the link you posted.

Quote:
Media Bias Against Chinese and Asians
As you can see from the statistics, Black on Asian crime is a huge problem. Unfortunately the popular
western media doesn’t like this narrative. Do your part and help the Asian community by sharing this
article about Black on Asian crime. Hopefully with enough political support, they will start tracking
Black against Chinese crime statistics as well.
Call to Action
1) Spread awareness of this racism to your friends and neighbors by sharing this article.
2) Vote for people who are willing to protect law and order instead of catering to preferred
minorities Typically Republicans are more fair, while Democrats are racist and tend to favor
certain groups like African American and ignore crime from them.
Now they showed data from the Department of Justice but that data doesn't correlate with the propaganda they pushed in that article you posted. It's a reason they didn't directly give you a link to the Department of Justice. Did you even read the article thoroughly? I highly doubt it. I'm pretty sure you googled "Nigg.....Black people hate crimes Asians". LMAO am I right?

The first link I posted is a study taken by 2 Asian Americans and a Non Asian American. Both Asian Americans who did the study are credible in the field of Sociology, Criminal Justice and Criminology.

Frankly the source you used is from a select group of Asian Americans who are Anti-Black and have bought into the model minority belief that racist Whites created in this country. Even Houston's own Gene Wu touched on this in his speech in response to the racist murders against Asian Americans in Atlanta.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?
v=yExtpJoRIp8

Now this is directly from Asian Americans. Honestly your not Asian so please don't speak for Asian Americans? It's disingenuous and reeks of racial and confirmation bias. What weirdo who isn't Asian or Black goes up to Asian people to ask them about hate crimes committed by Black people?

And Black people glorify criminal culture and don't value education? See it don't take long for racist to expose themselves. They don't ever try to be clever anymore.

Old 06-14-2021, 11:37 AM

6,476 posts, read 4,080,626 times
Houston’s crime wave started before the rest of theU.S. So it’s truly partially it’s own animal. While many of the other cities crime wave started in the wake of the killing of George Floyd. Houston’s crime wave started months earlier as Covid-19 started kicking off. In fact Houston’s crime wave is directly related to liberal judges releasing criminals on low bonds for
Violent crimes.

I support Democratic candidates but the evidence doesn’t lie. Of course the trend of people out on bond committing crimes is nothing new but something like 15-25% of Homicides and not an insignificant amount of violent crime have been committed by people on bond in this city. I’ll try to find a link when I have time. Basically the judges are letting violent criminals run rampant, and I’m really not with it.

Revoking the bails of some of these violent criminals will make a major dent in the new crime wave. Especially when you realize that property crime in absolute numbers are still declining so rather than new criminals being made, it’s old ones being more violent, running rampant in the city.

Murder bonds, especially in cases were the victim is a stranger makes absolutely no sense. I would argue all killers are a danger to society and so shouldn’t get bond but that isn’t my job, or area of expertise.

The Galleria robberies and now killing are unique to Houston and the crime wave shouldn’t get swept under the twig just because it’s happening everywhere, now that these following folks home crime has increased by literally 100-1000%.

Old 06-14-2021, 12:05 PM

1,659 posts, read 1,244,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
The things boiling to the surface now have been festering for years. In California (and LA especially) relations between black and Asian Americans have been extremely poor over the years. I saw it growing up among friends I had of both groups. There was a great resentment in black communities that so many businesses were owned by Asians they felt treated them poorly. The Asian community truly looked down on them especially in the timeframe between the 70s and the year 2000. The murder of Latasha Harlins happened and then Rodney King happened. I think that because there was so much focus on white racism, the proper dialogues never happened between those groups.

On the other hand, those factors were never really at play in the South and the racism was more of an issue of white people. Asians in larger numbers were a more recent arrival in the South and there wasnt as much the issue of Asians buying large numbers of businesses in this part of the country.
I grew up in the 80s and 90s in Townwest, which was like a part of Alief going to Sugar Land schools. The racism of “whites on Asians in the South” did not apply there. Whites and Asians actually got along pretty well. Now blacks vs Asians - different story. If an Asian experienced bullying it was almost always by another black kid. The really fobby Vietnamese kids got it bad. (LOL) But Back then Asians certainly looked down on black people, always have and probably always will.

I am also familiar with the games some Asian owners play in their little stores. I’m all about supporting small business but the constant quarter & dollar thieving behavior selling vice only hurts poor communities and has driven me to corporate stores instead. I can afford an extra buck but it is due to the principle of it all. Shame on all of you snakes.

But I must say for all the racism going on it is ironic that Asians continue to move to upper middle class to wealthy and predominantly white neighborhoods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston