Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2021, 10:43 AM

727 posts, read 304,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlionjr View Post
I believe they consider prostitution sex trafficking if that woman has a pimp. Majority of these women and sometimes underage girls definitely have a pimp. I know the rap group The Sauce Factory had some members that were charged with sex trafficking. They insisted that it wasn't sex trafficking but "PIMPING". But you know pop culture has romanticized the pimp culture.

I'll say nowadays an "independent" sex worker is more likely to do her business via the internet. If she's "independent" on the street more than likely she's borderline homeless and on drugs. And it's only a matter of time before those ladies on the street end up with a pimp.

Do you know what area the Holiday Inn was in? There's hotels like that in every city.

You do realize Dallas and Austin is experiencing a spike in crime as well. Just like every other major city in America. And that's not me dismissing crime in Houston. No more crime is always a problem. I definitely don't be out in certain areas once it gets dark like I use to. I'm almost more aware of my surroundings even in the daytime(I've always been that way to begin with). So an uptick in crime is an issue. But other cities are going through the same thing and people are fleeing to the burbs in other cities as well. Welcome to America.
The Greater Foundren area. I am only living in Texas for about 10 months, not very familiar with Houston as I don't live there, just have family there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2021, 02:20 PM

2,188 posts, read 3,215,538 times
isn't there a Holiday in off 59 and the Beltway or the new one on Sharpstown?

anything near Bissonnet (once you go by the old westwood mall) is basically not worth it. It's damn near legal out there

Old 05-19-2021, 02:28 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,452,480 times
BTW, if we're talkin' about Crime and 'Personal Safety', isn't TX also supposed to be at the top of the list for The Most Gun-Friendly States...?!

Old 05-20-2021, 01:13 PM

4,378 posts, read 4,617,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightZeroTX View Post
The Greater Foundren area. I am only living in Texas for about 10 months, not very familiar with Houston as I don't live there, just have family there.
Oh Fondren!!! Yeah I wouldn't get any hotel in that area man. Look at hotels in the Memorial area. Just type in hotels in Memorial area in Houston and look at the reviews.

Old 05-21-2021, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlionjr View Post
Oh Fondren!!! Yeah I wouldn't get any hotel in that area man. Look at hotels in the Memorial area. Just type in hotels in Memorial area in Houston and look at the reviews.
Yeah biggest mistake not reading the reviews. I thought hey look cheap and close to my family. Unfortunately my family lives in a nice neighborhood in the Foundren area but three blocks over on West Bellfort is a seedy area, near Gessner.

Old 05-22-2021, 11:56 AM

6,202 posts, read 11,446,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kreeyax View Post
Elections have consequences. When you vote in someone like Kim Ogg as D.A., and all the Harris County Democrat judges who swept the election in 2018. Now we get to live with those consequences.

https://ktrh.iheart.com/content/2021...harris-county/
Wrong tree--gun proliferation has helped crime increase. The Second Amendment campaign was a gimmick by the gun manufacturers and gun store owners to increase gun sales. Guns are the gateway to the revenue stream--bullets make the bulk of revenue.

The xenophobic GQP (and the compliant corporate media) is yapping about the Mexican border. But NW Indiana gun store supplying the South Side of Chicago story has been suppressed outside of Chicagoland. Illinois should be able to secure their borders too!

Chicago sues Indiana gun store, alleging weapons routinely wind up with gang members and felons

One size fits all gun policy is ineffective! What is appropriate for rural Texas is inappropriate for urban/suburban Texas. Abbott/Patrick's GQP is gradually taking away local control and centralizing control in Austin, with policy dictated by rural interests. (See GLO thread.)

Old 05-22-2021, 01:34 PM

2,016 posts, read 3,520,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrTown View Post
Wrong tree--gun proliferation has helped crime increase. The Second Amendment campaign was a gimmick by the gun manufacturers and gun store owners to increase gun sales. Guns are the gateway to the revenue stream--bullets make the bulk of revenue.

The xenophobic GQP (and the compliant corporate media) is yapping about the Mexican border. But NW Indiana gun store supplying the South Side of Chicago story has been suppressed outside of Chicagoland. Illinois should be able to secure their borders too!

Chicago sues Indiana gun store, alleging weapons routinely wind up with gang members and felons

One size fits all gun policy is ineffective! What is appropriate for rural Texas is inappropriate for urban/suburban Texas. Abbott/Patrick's GQP is gradually taking away local control and centralizing control in Austin, with policy dictated by rural interests. (See GLO thread.)
I don't see what any of that has to do with bond in Houston and Harris County.

Old 05-22-2021, 02:15 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,446,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kreeyax View Post
I don't see what any of that has to do with bond in Houston and Harris County.
Why make it easier for criminals to commit violent crime? It's hard to tell who's a good guy and somebody up to no good with gun normalization. Once the cops arrive at the scene, it's hard to tell who was defending themselves and the shooter.

And your bond story is another corporate media hoax with the manufactured "border crisis" designed to stoke social tensions even hotter. (KTRH has not been news radio for ages! Try a more reputable source.) Houstonians can see it though the smoke screen.

Turns out the bail bondsmen were becoming financially hurt and turned to their longtime contacts in the advertising department of the TV station to "help" with TV news coverage.

I haven't heard any of the investigative reporters on any TV news station looking for winterization mandates after the Winter Storm Blackout. They're too (deliberately) lazy to travel to Austin looking for statehouse corruption like in other TV markets. But they are willing to collaborate with Abbott's GOP to cover up their winter storm tragedy mistakes with the manufactured border crisis (COVID spread would have stuck had the U.S. not been the world hotspot because of anti-masking) and now anti-bail reform without question.

Old 05-23-2021, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrTown View Post
Why make it easier for criminals to commit violent crime? It's hard to tell who's a good guy and somebody up to no good with gun normalization. Once the cops arrive at the scene, it's hard to tell who was defending themselves and the shooter.

And your bond story is another corporate media hoax with the manufactured "border crisis" designed to stoke social tensions even hotter. (KTRH has not been news radio for ages! Try a more reputable source.) Houstonians can see it though the smoke screen.

Turns out the bail bondsmen were becoming financially hurt and turned to their longtime contacts in the advertising department of the TV station to "help" with TV news coverage.

I haven't heard any of the investigative reporters on any TV news station looking for winterization mandates after the Winter Storm Blackout. They're too (deliberately) lazy to travel to Austin looking for statehouse corruption like in other TV markets. But they are willing to collaborate with Abbott's GOP to cover up their winter storm tragedy mistakes with the manufactured border crisis (COVID spread would have stuck had the U.S. not been the world hotspot because of anti-masking) and now anti-bail reform without question.
Nice conspiracy theory. Thought I was reading the rantings of Michael Moore.

Old 05-27-2021, 09:39 PM

1,336 posts, read 6,444,440 times
Crime has gotten out of control in cities and counties across the country where the former Nazi collaborator, billionaire George Soros has installed his puppet DA’s.

Unfortunately Harris County is one of them.

Fire Kim Ogg.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston